- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I'm SO SO sorry I didn't update last night!  I'm working midnights till the 23 and I didn't get home till almost 1:00 am.  Hope you enjoy and forgive me for being late. ~ D

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 39

 

Reese

 

            When I wake up the next day, I hear Mom and Dad playing with Grayson and Hayden. I roll over to bury my head under my pillow when someone knocks on the door. I turn and watch as Grandma opens the door and sneaks in. I sit up, noticing Calleigh is gone. Grandma sits by me and says, "Good morning. Sleep well?"

 

            I nod. "I guess. Where's Calleigh?"

 

            She smiles. "Feeding Jasmine. Nick and Jade are going to be here in about an hour. Your Mom and Dad are here."

 

            I sigh loudly. "I know. I heard them."

 

            She smiles. "You won't forget your promise, will you?"

 

            I shake my head. "No, I'll talk to her Grandma. I just want to wait till Dad's not around ok?"

 

            She nods and hugs me. "Yes, I understand Reese. Just don't break your promise or I will talk to her AND your father."

 

            I sigh, letting my frustration shine through. "OK, Grandma, I get it. I'll talk to her today or tomorrow."

 

            She frowns.  "Today. I mean it, Reese."

 

            She leaves and I throw my pillow at the door. Why can't she be as cool as she was last night and give me a chance?  Hell, I know I'm not ready for it...OK, that's a lie, I totally think I'm ready for sex.  But with Seth?  I don't know...

 

 

            We're just getting ready to leave when Uncle Nick and Aunt Jade shows up.  Both of them are acting really strange.  Kind of like Mom and Dad when...NO NO NO, I am NOT going to picture Uncle Nick and Aunt Jade having sex.  It's bad enough I've actually SEEN Aunt Lilly do it in her movie.

 

            I sigh as I sit in the back of the mini-van.  Mom raises her voice and says, "Reese, what's wrong? Didn't you have fun last night?"

 

            I look up and catch my Dad watching me in the rear view mirror. Pasting on a happy face, I say, "Yeah, it was fun, why?"

            She shrugs and turns in her seat to look at me.  "You're really quiet, that's all."

 

            I sigh and say, "I've got a lot on my mind, Mom. Can we talk later? Maybe when the kids take a nap?"

            At the mention of nap, both boys start to protest.  Dad raises his voice and says, "STOP! If you keep whining, you're all going to nap, Reese included. Now pipe down till we get home!"

 

            I close my eyes and remain quiet the rest of the trip home.  When we get there, Grayson says, "Daddy, I don't wanna nap. Can I watch cartoons? If I be really quiet?"

 

            Daddy sighs. "Grayson, why don't you and Hayden come down to the studio with me? You can watch cartoons while I work on some songs." He looks at me expectantly. "You can come too if you want."

 

            I shake my head. "No thanks Dad.  I kind of wanted to...talk to Mom. Girl stuff."

 

            He nods then makes a face at Grayson.  "Eww, girl stuff! Come on, let's go!"

 

            Grayson high-fives Dad and they head to the basement.  Hayden looks up, "Mommy, I'm a girl, do I have to go?"

 

            Mom brushes her hair back. "Why don't you go up to your room and set up a tea party?  I need to have a grown up talk with Reese, then we'll come up and play, ok? I'll even bring some cupcakes."

 

            She smiles and hugs us both before she runs off. Mom turns to me.  "Reese, what's wrong? You've been unusually quiet today."

 

            I shrug and watch as she pulls miniature cupcakes from the freezer for the tea party. "Well, Mom...don't get mad ok?"  She nods so I say cautiously, "Last night, Seth asked me to be his girlfriend."

 

            Her head snaps around to me. "But I didn't think you two liked each other too much!"

 

            I shrug and say, "I didn't either...until he...kissed me."

 

            Mom sets at the table and stares at me.  "He kissed you? Reese, I'm confused. Why all of the sudden do you want to talk about boys?"

 

            I sit beside her and say, "Grandma threatened to tell you and Dad about it...what she saw...if I didn't at least talk to you."

 

            I can see Mom starting to panic. "Just what did she see Reese?"

            I start to blush and fidget.  "Well, we were watching a scary movie and he sort of put his arm around me, and then...well, we were making out."

 

            She lowers her head.  "Reese...you didn't...just how far did you go making out?"

 

            I sigh loudly. "Mom, Calleigh and Spencer were in the room.  We didn't get naked or anything, we just kissed a lot. We didn't do anything more than what Spencer and Calleigh were doing!"

 

            Her head snaps up. "Spencer and Calleigh?  And Grandma saw?"

 

            I nod. "We were kissing. Seth asked me to be his girlfriend and then we kissed. No big deal."

 

            Mom stares at me thoughtfully. "If Grandma thinks we should talk, maybe it's a bigger deal than you think."

 

            I blush and say, "After Jake, Grandma is worried I'll do something stupid with Seth. I'm not even sure how I feel about him, but..."

 

            She smiles at me. Actually SMILES.   "But when he kissed you it made you feel special?"

 

            My mouth drops open. "How did you know?"

            She takes my hand.  "I was young once too, Reese.  I remember what it was like to experience new things. It's not all bad."

 

            I shake my head. "Mom, if we're careful, what's so bad about us...doing it?"

 

            I see her start to panic.  "Reese, no matter how careful you think you're being, you can always get pregnant.  Or catch a disease.  Nothing works all the time.  Remember when I took you to the gynecologist?"

 

            I nod. "Yeah. You put me on birth control because you didn't want to take the chance of me having a baby. Isn't that enough?"

 

            She sighs.  "Reese, it helps, but when you decide to have sex you're taking on a huge responsibility.  You're only fifteen.  Do you want to have a baby when you're sixteen?"

 

            My mouth drops open. "I don't want to have a baby till I'm thirty Mom!"

 

            She sighs and laughs. "Maybe you won't wait that long, but Reese, sex is a huge responsibility.  I just want to make sure you're mature enough to handle the consequences and I don't think you are yet."

 

            I slam my hand on the table and stand. "Mom, I'm not a baby!  I'm a woman and I can make my OWN decisions!"

 

            Her voice raises and she glares at me. "You will NOT talk to me in that tone of voice young lady.  Now sit down and talk to me like an adult or go to your room!"

 

            I stomp away from the table.  When I get to the door, I turn and say, "You just don't want me to grow up! You want me to be a kid forever, but I'm not! You'll see!"

 

 

            Three hours later, Dad knocks on my door. "Reese, can you come down?  We need to have a family meeting."

 

            I groan.  "OK, Dad."

 

            I hear him walk away and I punch my pillow. She just HAD to tell him!  Great, this will be a fun family talk!

 

            When I get to the great room, I'm surprised Grayson and Hayden are there too.  I start to get nervous.  I sit on the edge of the coffee table and say, "What's wrong?"

 

            Daddy shoves his hands in his pockets.  "Wrong? Nothing.  We've just...that is, the guys and I have made a decision.  This album...it's going to be our last.  We're not going to record any more as the Backstreet Boys."

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please share your thoughts! :)