- Text Size +

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 7

 

Reese

 

            After Aunt Jade leaves, I stare at the ceiling. Is she right? Will Jake wait for me? God, I don't know what to do. I want to be right about Jake, that he loves me more than anything, but...well, let's face it. I AM only fifteen. IF we do have sex, he could very well go to jail. Even thought I want him badly, I would be crushed if he went to jail.

            I sit up and reach for my backpack. I pull out Aunt Lilly's movie. I still can't believe she did porn. Part of me wants to burn it, but...I wonder what it's like. I've never seen that kind of movie ever. Mom and Dad don't even want me to watch a rated R movie.  I look around my room. I have to hide this...but where.

            I get up and run to my closet, thankful Mom and Dad let me get so many purses. I yank one down from the shelf in the back and shove the DVD in it. I put it back, being careful to hide it under some of the other ones.

            I climb back in bed and pull the covers up. It's been such a rotten night and my head is splitting. I want to get some Tylenol but I don't want to run into Mom and Dad. I close my eyes, praying my head will stop hurting so I can go to sleep.

            I hear my door open. I know it's Mom. Do I pretend to be asleep? Before I have a chance to think it through, she sits behind me and puts her hand on my shoulder. "Reese, are you ok?"

            I nod into the pillow. I feel like I'm going to cry. "I just want to sleep Mom."

            She rubs my back. "OK, Honey. I thought you might want some Tylenol. I know your head hurts when you cry."

            I sit up and turn to face her, falling into her arms. "I'm sorry Mom. I'm SO sorry. Please...please don't hate me."

            She sniffles. "Reese, I could never hate you. I just hope you don't hate me."

            I squeeze her tighter. "Mom, he loves me. I know you don't believe it, but I love him too."

            What she says floors me. "I know you love him Reese. But...he IS too old for you right now. You have a lot of growing up to do. So does he." When I don't say anything, she says, "Reese, tell me the truth. Did you have sex with him?" Embarrassed, I just shake my head no, refusing to look at her. She sighs. "Reese, I want you to think about something, ok?"

            I hear a lecture coming. "What Mom?"

            She says, "How would you have handled it if you had slept with Jake and got pregnant? Think about it. Would he be there for you or would you be on your own?"  Before I can answer her, she says, "Think about it Reese. I do honestly think you're too young and the law is on my side. If you have sex with him, you could be sending him to jail for at least five years. Is that what you want?"

            I push away. "God, no, Mom, what do you think, I'm insane?

            She shakes her head. "Reese, I think you're a beautiful, intelligent girl. You understand there are consequences to your actions. Please...just wait. Sex isn't the be-all, end-all of relationships. You gotta have the love too or it won't work."

            I hear sadness in her voice. Profound sadness. "Mom, are you and Dad ok?"

            She tries to hide it, but I see her tears. "He's very angry, Reese. I am too. We both said things we shouldn't have.  I'm sure we'll be ok."

            I clamor from the bed as she stands to leave and grab her arm. When she faces me, I see it.  She's so very sad. I hug her and cry. "I'm sorry Mom. Please don't fight with Dad. I'll behave, I promise. I won't...I won't have sex with anyone, I swear!"

            I feel her shaking as she sobs with me. I don't know how long we've cried. Then I hear Dad. "Umm, can I...come in?"

            Mom and I pull apart and I look into her eyes. She whispers, "I love you Reese."

            I whisper, "Love you too, Mom," before I turn to face Dad. I feel the blood drain from my face. He's been crying.

            He holds his arms out and says, "I'm sorry I yelled at you, Reese's Pieces."

            I run to him, flinging myself against him and squeezing his waist. "I'm...sorry...too...Daddy!"

 

            I wake up the next morning feeling like crap. It aches to move. The thought of school makes me get going though. I'll get to see Jake. When I sit up, I groan loudly. What a lousy night.  My head still hurts and my eyes are puffy and burning. I'm gonna look like crap.

            When I get downstairs for breakfast, Dad's alone in the kitchen. I'm not sure if I should stay or go hide again. Before I can leave, he sees me. He smiles timidly. "Hey."

            "Hey." Not knowing what else to say, I grab a bowl and reach for the cereal.

            Dad clears his throat. "If you want to stay home today, you can. I know last night was...bad."

            I sigh, wanting to do exactly that. Stay home. But I don't. "I'm ok, Dad. I'll go to school."

            He motions for me to take a chair and says, "Then I want us to talk, Reese. Not argue. Not yell.  Talk.  OK?" I nod warily and sit beside him, spoon in hand. "First of all, I love you. I've loved you since the day I sat eyes on you Reese. I only want what's best for you. Understand?"

            I nod.  "I know Dad. But I'm growing up. You have to let me grow up."

            He smiles a sad smile.  "I know. I don't like it, but I know." He takes a deep breath. Oh boy, here it comes. "I called Jake's parents this morning."

            The blood drains from my face. "You did what?"

            He ducks his head. "They need to know." He clears his throat. "I know Mom asked you about sleeping with him, and I know you told her you didn't. I want to believe you Reese. I think I do believe you...but I'm worried. He's supposedly an adult. He's supposed to know better."

            I put my spoon down. Did Dad just say he believes me? "You...believe me? Dad I swear, we never..."

            He holds up his hand. "Don't. Please. This is a talk you're going to have to have with your mother because I just can't deal with this part of you growing up." He sighs. "But I can and will protect you at all costs. Jake...is going to a different school for the remainder of the school year."

            Blood drains from my face. "WHAT?"

            He closes his eyes. "It wasn't my suggestion. I only wanted them to tell Jake to stay away from you until you're an adult. They don't want him to go to jail anymore than you do so his father said they would let him go to another school. It was...Jake's idea to switch."

            He's lying. He has to be. "Why would Jake...what did you say to him?"

            He shakes his head. "I didn't speak to Jake. Just his father. Jake had already told them he wanted to switch schools." He slowly reaches out and touches my hand. "Reese, IF he loves you, when you turn 18 he'll be back. He just doesn't want to go to jail."

            I sniff loudly. "Can I really stay home?"

            He smiles. "I called the school and told them you might not make it. I'll call back and confirm it."  He glances behind me. Mom's there. "Aspen, is she...?"

            Mom sits beside me, nodding. "Calleigh wants to come over today. She feels horrible Reese. She didn't tell us anything."

            I know she didn't. Not intentionally anyway.  "OK."

            Dad stands up and leans over to kiss my head. Mom stands with him. When they walk out of the room, I follow quietly. I hear Dad say, "Are we ok, Aspen?"

            Mom whispers, "Yes. I love you AJ."

            I hear him whisper, "I love you too, Baby."

            They fought because of me. More tears seep from my eyes. Why does everyone get hurt because of me? I swipe my face and go finish my cereal.

            When I get to my room, I sit on my bed. Jake's moving to a new school. Why didn't HE call and tell me? What the hell? God, can this suck any worse?

When Mom comes into my room and I see the look on her face, I know it can. Now what? "Reese, Calleigh's on her way, but before she gets here...I want to talk to you."

I can't stop myself from saying, "Mom, can we please not fight anymore?"

She smiles. "I don't want to fight. I'm...going to get you an appointment with my gynecologist."

What? "Why Mom?"

She sighs. "You need to understand the consequences of sex. She's the best to explain it all to you."

I know there's more.  "And?"

She shakes her head. "I think I'll wait till the day of the appointment to tell you that. You go at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon. I got an emergency appointment."

As she walks out, I want to just die. A gynecologist? A doctor to look at me down there and stick their fingers in me? FUCK, what did I do to deserve this? But I know the answer. I almost had sex with Jake. DAMN!

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Love to know what you think!! :)