- Text Size +

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 16

 

Calleigh

The drive to Disneyland took longer than the forty-five minutes it normally takes. First dad forgot the tickets at home. Then as we pull out for the second time mom had to pee. When get back on the road Uncle Brian gets lost. It takes twenty minutes to find him. The last straw is Cameron losing his breakfast. We find the nearest carwash to clean up the SUV.

Ree and I are having a blast. We sat all the way in the back listening to music and writing a song. Everything is back to normal between me and Reese. I’m not sure I can take any more drama.

I am happy that Reese wasn't pregnant. She is too young to have sex or take care of a baby. I plan on waiting a long, long time before I have sex. I am thinking like twenty five.

 

All of my family is standing on Main Street USA trying to decide what we should do. My mom and Aunt Lilly are going to eat and catch up. That means they are going to gossip about their husbands, lol.

 

“Come on, Pixie. All of us are going to head to Big Thunder Mountain.” My dad says.

 

Reese nudges me. We already made plans for the day. I look at my mom. She knows that Reese and I want to hang together without the boys. She nods her head telling me to talk to my dad. Mom wants me to start being less shy and passive when it comes to conflict. I need to be more confident.

 

“Daddy, can I talk to you?” I ask quietly.

“Sure thing, Pixie.”  He smiles at me. We walk over to a bench and sit down. “What is it honey?”

 

“Well….umm…you see…Reese and I want ….umm hang out on our own.” I get befuddled talking to my dad. I know he’s not going to let us be alone, not with everything that has happened these last few weeks.

 

“I’m not so sure, Pixie.” He glances at Reese who is chatting with Uncle Brian.

 

My emotions start to take over. “Please daddy.  I know you don’t trust Ree, but daddy I do. She made a mistake, but we all make mistakes. It makes me mad that you think so badly of her. Ree thought she was in love. Someday, I’m going to fall for a guy and do something stupid, I hope you don’t think less of me.” I let it all out.

 

We sit in silence for a few minutes. I’m afraid my dad is mad at me for speaking my mind. All I want is for things to go back to normal. I know they won’t. Things change and I have to accept that.  Sometimes growing up just plain sucks.

 

“Calleigh, I think you made your point. I’m sorry. You’re right Pixie. Maybe I judged Reese too harshly.” Dad pulls me in for a hug. “I do trust your judgment. You and Reese can go off on your own. Just keep your phone on, so mom and I can reach you.”

 

“Thank you daddy.” I press a kiss to his cheek. “I promise we’ll be good.”

 

“Calleigh, I have faith in you and Reese. Go have fun.”

 

I run over to Ree. “Let’s go.”

 

We start skipping towards Fantasyland. People are looking at us, but we don’t care. I’m so happy that my dad trusts me and Ree. It’s going to be a great day. We walk toward Sleeping Beauty’s castle, but stop to watch the little girls getting made over into their favorite princess at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

 

“Do you remember when our dad’s took us to get princess makeovers?” Reese asks, while watching a girl transform into Cinderella.

 

“Yeah, I remember our dad’s being all mushy gushy the whole time.” I laugh. “Uncle AJ was crying and taking pictures.”

 

“Yeah, he posted all of them on Twitter as it was happening. Dad is so weird.” Reese chuckles, but I see sadness on her face. I know it has to do with her dad. “And you were pissed because you wanted to be Jessie and she wasn’t a princess.”

 

“Yeah, so I settled for Belle. Ree, is everything okay? I know last night was crazy with your parents and all.”

 

“Things just suck right now for my mom and dad. I feel like there’s nothing I can do to help. Personally, I feel like I’m in the way. Maybe it’s good idea to send me to stay with Uncle Brian and Aunt Lilly.” Reese and I start walking to the castle.

 

“Reese you can’t fix everything. This is between your mom and dad. They love you, Grayson, and Hayden. They are going to love the baby.  It’s their job to repair what is wrong between them. You can’t do it. My mom can’t do it. It has to be them.”

 

“When did you get so wise? You’re the younger cousin.” Reese pulls on my ponytail and runs inside the castle. I hurry to catch up with her.

 

“I learned from an older wiser cousin.” I hug her. “Let’s have some fun.”

 

The day is full of fun. Reese and I spend the entire day in Fantasyland. My favorite ride is Dumbo, so I make Ree ride it like five times. Hers is It’s a Small World, which is annoying. She sings the song over and over.  We eat enough food to feed a football team, including: turkey legs, popcorn, soft pretzels with cheese, corn dogs, ice cream and pizza.  

 

Right before we meet our parents, we visit the gift shop. Still in our princess mode; Reese buys a Princess Rapunzel hat and I get a Cinderella Mickey’s Ear Hat. We put them on and leisurely walk to meet my family.

 

“So were you freaked out when you saw Aunt Lilly yesterday?” Reese asks curiously.

 

“Oh my, every time I talk to her I’m afraid I’m going to say something about her video. I feel so guilty.” I blush. I’m still embarrassed about seeing my aunt naked and doing things with men.

 

“I do too. I think our moms are beautiful, but Aunt Lilly is just gorgeous. Even after all those years she still has a killer body.”

 

“Oh Ree, you are too much. I wonder if Uncle Brian knows, or what about Adam?” I think about my twelve year old cousin. He seems so young and innocent.

 

“That’s why Brian probably wanted her. He might be quiet and straight laced, but those are the men that are wild in bed.” Reese exclaims and starts to giggle.

 

“Where did you learn that?” I was curious. Reese knew so much about guys. I think she makes things up just to see me squirm.

 

“Cosmo.”

 

“Where do you read that? I know Aunt Aspen only reads cooking magazines.”

 

“I read it when I’m at your house. Why do you think I spend so much time in the bathroom? Your mom is way cooler than mine.” She smiles.

 

“I think your mom is cool. She’s just quiet about things. Aunt Aspen lets you do some cool stuff.”

 

“That’s cause of my dad.” She says quietly as we walk over to  Aunt Lilly.

 

“Hey girls! You have a good time?” She smiles at us. “I love the hats.”

 

“Thanks. I had a good time.” I say shyly. I am nervous around her.

 

“It was a blast. Where’s Aunt Jade?” Reese asks. I know she is uncomfortable, too. How are we going to spend the summer with Aunt Lilly?

 

“She is the bathroom again.” She laughs. “I’m looking forward to spending the summer with you girls. It will be nice to have some girls around.”

 

“Yeah it’s going to be fun.”  Reese acts cheerful. She’s a better actress than I am.  

 

All I know is it’s going to be a long summer in Florida. With keeping secrets and staying out of trouble, I was going to go crazy. Reese and I will be in so much trouble if our parents knew about us watching porn, especially with Aunt Lilly in it. Reese needs to get the video out of my house. I’ll have to talk to her tonight about it. She has to take it home with her. I don’t want to be grounded for the rest of my life. My mom will get mad, but my dad’s reaction worries me. I hate lying to my parents.

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you are still enjoying the story. Let us know.