- Text Size +

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 35

 

Reese

 

            When we get to Grandma's house, Dad says, "Reese, make sure you help your Grandma.  And the boys have to leave by 10."

 

            I roll my eyes.  "Yes, Dad I know.  Geesh, you'd think I was engaged to Seth.  You do know we're ONLY friends, right?"

 

            He nods.  "Yes, Reese I know.  And you're too young to even JOKE about being engaged so stop it."

 

            Even though he's being way to over protective, I laugh.  "Yes Daddy.  Have fun tonight...Peter Pan."

 

            He groans.  "If I didn't love your mother so much..."

 

            I smile and hug him.  "It's sweet you're gonna wear tights for her."

 

            He kisses the top of my head. "No making out with Seth."

 

            I wrinkle my nose up, but at the same time, I wonder what it would be like to kiss him.  Shaking my head to get rid of THAT thought, I say, "Don't be gross Daddy. I'm only hanging out with him ‘cause I got outvoted and you, Calleigh and Uncle Nick want us to sing together."

 

            He laughs at me. "You have to admit, Reese's Pieces, you have an incredible harmony, the three of you."

 

            I nod. "Yeah, I guess.  It kills me to say it, but he actually can sing."

 

            Dad hugs me. "Be nice to him Reese.  He's a good kid."

 

            I sigh.  "I know Daddy. Now, go home and get your tights on for Mom.  And make sure she takes pictures, ok?"

 

            He laughs and shakes his head.  "No way, Little Girl. Have fun!  We'll pick you up tomorrow."

 

            I watch him leave, smiling.  Mom and Dad are so happy now.  I still can't believe Seth and I walked in on them doing it in the kitchen.  I blush at the memory.  I'm never gonna be able to get that picture out of my head.

 

 

            After the little kids go to sleep, Grandma tells us we can watch one scary movie before the guys leave.  Calleigh is ecstatic.  She managed to get me alone long enough to tell me Spencer kissed her.  He's just a kid, how good could it have been?  Not like Jake's kiss.

 

            Jake.  My mood darkens as I think of him.  He used me...but I can't deny when he kissed me I felt...different.  Like a woman.  I'm jerked from my daydreams by Seth who asks, "Hey, you ready to watch the movie?"

 

            I turn away and snap, "In a minute!"

 

            He walks closer and says, "What is with you?  One minute we're ok and starting to be friends and the next you bite my head off!"

 

            I spin around and say, "Listen, I don't have to be your friend for us to sing together.  I'm doing this for my Dad and Leigh. Don't ever think I'm HAPPY about you singing with us."

 

            His face falls and he turns.  "Fine. I'll just tell your dad and Calleigh I quit."

 

            I reach out and grab his arm.  "Seth, wait.  Please." He turns back. "I'm...sorry. I was...something Calleigh said made me think of Jake and I was...anyway, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it.  I really am glad you are singing with us."

 

            Before I know what's happening, he puts his hand on my neck and says, "Jake is a loser and you're better off without him."  He kisses my forehead and says, "I'll let them know you're bringing popcorn.  What movie do you vote for?  The Exorcist or Jeepers Creepers."

 

            All I manage is a shrug.  I finally stammer, "I...really don't...care."

 

            He smiles at me.  "OK, then, you vote for Jeepers Creepers with me."

 

            As he walks away I touch my forehead.  "Did he REALLY just KISS me?" I whisper.  Sighing, I turn and grab the popcorn, heading for the microwave.  "It's gonna be a long movie."

 

 

 

            By the time I get to the family room, the movie is already in the DVD player. I guess only Spencer wanted to see The Exorcist.  I knew Calleigh would say no.  She snuck in on Uncle Nick watching it a couple of years ago and it scared her so bad, she had nightmares for weeks.

 

            I sit down on the couch beside Seth.  Calleigh and Spencer are on the loveseat.  Just as we're starting the movie, Grandma walks in.  "OK, girls, I'm going upstairs to listen for the kids.  Try to keep it down.  And boys, remember, out by 10."

 

            Seth and Spencer both nod.  Spencer says, "Yes, Ma'am.  And thanks for letting us hang out."

 

            Seth chimes in.  "Yeah, thanks."

 

            She smiles at them. "I'm glad you could come over.  Enjoy the movie."

 

            I start the movie and Calleigh turns off the light.  Even though it's dark, the TV throws off enough light for me to see her and Spencer kissing.  I try to focus on the TV and ignore them. 

 

            As the movie starts getting scary I inch toward Seth.  At first I don't realize I'm doing it.  Until his arm wraps around my shoulder.  I glance up at his face, but he's still watching the screen.  I turn back to the movie, wondering if I can concentrate on it with him touching me like this.

 

            I let myself sink back into the plot of the movie.  When the song starts playing, Jeepers Creepers, I shiver.  I feel Seth's breath on my ear when he whispers, "You're not afraid, are you?"

 

            I turn to say no, even though I am, and I find myself nose to nose with him.  His breath smells like peppermint and popcorn.  "No, I'm not afraid," I whisper.

 

            He smiles.  "Good." Then he leans forward and kisses me.  I could blame it on reflexes that I kiss him back, but that's not it.  I kiss him because I want to.  His lips are so soft.  He hugs me tighter, his other hand coming up and rubbing my cheek.

            I sink into him and allow him to deepen the kiss.  I've French kissed boys before.  OK, two boys.  And neither compare to what Seth's tongue makes me feel.  He doesn't try to shove it down my throat.  It's almost like he's afraid to use it. 

 

Without thinking, I throw my left leg up on his lap, pulling our bodies closer together.  His hand moves to my thigh and he grips it as he pulls me closer.  I sink into the kiss.  I forget everything but what I feel in this moment.  Oh he makes me feel like a woman.  A beautiful, desirable woman. 

 

When he pulls back, I feel lost.  He whispers, "Reese...I really...like you. Would you...be my girlfriend?"

 

I stare at his eyes.  Before I can answer, the light comes on and Grandma is saying, "Ten o'clock boys!"

 

            We spring apart.  I know she saw.  But she doesn't say anything. She just turns and leaves.  I glance at Spencer and Calleigh.  Yep, they were making out too.  I don't know which is blushing worse.  Seth pulls my gaze back to his.  "Will you?"

 

            I nod.  "Yeah."

 

            He kisses me again, quickly, and says, "See you tomorrow!"

 

            After they leave, Calleigh says, "Umm, Reese.  Can I...talk to you?"

 

            I know she wants to talk about making out with Spencer.  I sigh.  "Maybe we should both talk to Grandma."

 

            She looks puzzled.  "Why?"

            I smile shyly (yes, ME shy) and say, "I just told Seth I'd be his girlfriend."

 

            Being a teenager is way to complicated.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Love to know what you think! :)