- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

i know It's been a while lol but I've been working on this new project...and yea....I got somewhat of writers block with this chapter. But it's here now so enjoy. :D

Chapter Nine- Don't you hear sincerity in my voice when I talk.


 


 


Doesn't anybody fucking understand? I don't give a fucking rats ass if I'm not a damn relative. If Aaron has already given the clear I can go in, then I'm going in.


I paced back and forth, my thoughts racking through my mind. Wringing my hands together in all nervousness, running my fingers through my hair occasionally. I sat down on the chair, in the hallway, for a few seconds, only to stand up quickly, and pace again.


“Jesus Ella, please sit down. Your making me dizzy,” Howie whined.


“Sorry,” I answered silently, slowing my steps down, coming to a complete stop.


I bend my knuckles, popping them in the process, and bounced on my feet.


“Ella,” Aaron whispered hoarsely from around the corner.


I turned quickly to face him. He waved me over, mouthing me to hurry.


“What is it?” I whispered in eagerness.


“Come on,” he grabbed my wrist, before looking around, and dragging me into a room. He pulled me in turning to close the door. Slowly, I turned, seeing the one person I had been worried, and wanting to see for the past two days, that I had been stuck in this wretched hospital.


“Oh my God,” I gasped, covering my mouth, my feet quickly shuffling towards him. My hands frantically hovered over his body, not knowing if I should or not touch him.


“They said it was going to take him sometime to wake up,” Aaron whispered from behind me, “I wanted you too see him....before mom showed up...” he trailed off.


Nick's mother has never liked me. Well...that's not entirely true...OK....maybe it is. She liked me before she met me. After we were officially introduced, she sort of held this grudge against me. Honestly, not even within the hour of knowing me.


 


***


I walked beside Nick, holding onto his arm tightly.


Babe, your going to cut the circulation off of my arm,” he chuckled, slipping out of my grasp, and wrapping his, still alive, arm around my neck.


Sorry, I'm just super nervous,” I sighed.


It's going to be alright,” he rubbed my arm. “My mom isn't that bad,” he promised.


That doesn't completely help you know,” I pouted as we stepped up to the front door.


Aw pouting lip,” he smirked, leaning down, taking my bottom lip in between his teeth, lightly biting it, then wrapping his lips around it, sucking it lightly.


I slapped his chest, shoving him lightly, “Don't do that,” I gritted.


He laughed, rubbing the spot, “Don't be such a prude,” he moves his hand towards the door, and knocks, moving his free hand down, intertwining our fingers.


I see Nick look over to me from the corner of my eye.


It's going to be OK baby. Just breathe,” he rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb.


I exhale, breathing in deeply as the door opens, spreading a genuine smile across my face.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


I sat uncomfortably quiet, at the dinner table, as everyone served themselves food. I watched as Nick reached out to grab a spoonful of mashed potatoes.


You going to want something baby?” he asks, as he turns to look at my empty plate.


I nod a little, not moving my eyes from my plate.


Let her do it herself Nicky,” Jane called out from the end of the table. “She isn't disabled...” she looked up from her plate, “or are you?” a smirk played on her lips.


A snicker was heard from the seat next to Jane, coming from Angel, with her hand over her mouth, keeping her soda from spraying out of her mouth. Aaron nudged her.


Mom,” Nick sneered.


I cleared my throat, “No I'm not,” I said silently.


Excuse me?” she asked, sticking her ear out, as if that would have made her listen better.


I said no I'm not. I'm not disabled. I'm not Athiest. I'm not after your sons money, because I am perfectly happy with what I do and where I do it. And yes....I do live with him, and you know what, we fuck like rabbits every day. Also, I tore that God awful sweater you bought him one evening in the equipment closet, backstage,” I huffed, my voice getting louder as I rambled on. Nick eyes were wide and everyone else stared.


I quickly pushed the chair back and stood up, prepared to walk out.


Nickolas, your going to let her talk to me like that? I wonder if you get that snotty mouth from your mother. Didn't she ever teach you any manners?” she stood.


Mom,” Nick yelled.


My Mother was a great person and she taught me to treat others the way I want to be treated, but if they are still going to be up your ass, then fuck them, and treat them with the same respect they treat you. And ma'am, you've treated me like shit since I set foot in here so.....KISS MY ASS,” I turned on my heal, heading towards the door, I paused and turned one more time, “by the way, my Mother is dead,” I cried, stomping away.


***


I pushed my fingers into Nick's hand, rubbing the back of his hand with my thumb.


Aaron's phone suddenly echoed through the whole room.


“I'll be back,” he walked out.


I gazed down at our joined hands, my eyes climbing up his arm, passed his neck, onto his black and blue face. I sniffled, looking away, removing my hand from his, placing it on my chest.


I never really wished this on him. Moments when your angry and hurt, you tend to say or think things you don't really mean.


I lifted my hand on to the side of his face, pushing his hair back, I leaned down, staring at him closely.


“Please...I know you can hear me, so please....come back,” I whispered, caressing his cheek, my gaze scanning for any movement on his face. I close my eyes hopelessly, dropping my head between his neck and shoulder. “I'm sorry,” I sobbed silently. My chest constricted, feeling slight movement under me. I lifted myself slightly, looking down at his body, waiting for another movement. I look back up to his face, shaking my head a little. “Why I love you so much is beyond me, but I do,” I inched closer to him, placing a small kiss on his warm, yet cool forehead.


“What the hell do you think your doing?” a woman shrieked from behind me. Suddenly I was pulled and shoved away from Nick's side. “What do you think your doing here!” yelled the, now, familiar woman.


“What do you think...ma'am?” I gritted.


“This is all your fault,” Angel joined, from behind Jane.


“How is this my fault? I wasn't even there,” I argued.


“If you hadn't shown up. He wouldn't have been going through this,” Angel spat.


I shook my head at her in disbelief.


“Yea that's right. He called me a couple of nights ago crying. Saying that he saw you and you walked away,” she placed her hands on her hips.


“What am I supposed to do? Huh? Tell me? What would satisfy you, your royal fucking Highness? Am I suppose to be keeping tabs on everything he does? Move every time he's in the area?” I swung my hands in the air.


“Guys please. Nick wouldn't want you fighting,” Aaron pleaded.


“Just stay away from my son...you've cause enough damage,” she shoved past me.


“I didn't do squat. And you don't even know what went on between your son and I, because you were never interested in his relationship with me,” I pushed, turning to face her.


“I know more than you think I do little girl. Like how he smacked you around quite a bit. I don't find that surprising. I can't see anyone putting up with your big mouth,” she smirked evilly.


I returned the gesture, “He never seemed to complain about my big mouth,” my brow arched.


The smirk fell from her lips faster than speedy Gonzalez, “I think you deserved it,” she retorted.


Just like her, the smirk fell from my face.


“A dog needs too be put in its place,” she crossed her arms over her chest, sticking her chin up, looking down at me.


Angel and Aaron both gasped.


I balled my hands into fists, clenching my jaw.


“Maybe that is why you have nobody. Why you have no friends, why your father walked out...” she shot.


I bit my tongue, tasting the hint of blood.


“Why your brother rather spend his time in jail than with you,” a sinister smile spread across her lips. “Why your Mother really died...”


Then suddenly, something snapped. My palm connected with her cheek, casing a loud vibrato with the connection of skin. She gasped, scoffing lightly, holding her cheek, in shock. Her amazed expression turning into a scowl, she reached out grabbing my hair, yanking it, full force.


It is times like these I miss my long hair. I could hold it mid way, so the tugging wouldn't hurt.


I pressed my hands against Jane's abdomen, trying to push her away


“Oh my God!” Angel screamed.


I caught a glimpse of Aaron's and Angels shoes. I'm guessing they were trying to pull Jane off of me because they kept on screaming 'Mom let go of her.'


“What is going on here?” a baritone voice yelled, from behind me.


His footsteps were short and loud, as they appeared beside Aaron's custom Nike's. Suddenly the grip on my hair, loosened. I stood straight, glaring at Jane as Aaron held her back.


“Get that bitch out of here,” Jane snarled, panting, and being held back by Angel and Aaron.


“Don't bother...I'm fucking gone,” I spat back, storming out of Nick's room.


“Ella...wait!” Aaron called out from behind me.


“Aaron...” I sighed, stopping.


He took a hold of my arm, causing me to shake him away.


“Call me if there are any changes,” I looked at him, “Please?” I whispered.


“Yea...yea, alright,” he nodded.


I smiled at him weakly, turning around to walk out.


“Hey listen...I'm sorry...for what happened in there,” he waved.


“It wasn't your fault,” I responded and walked away.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring


I walked around my new studio, preparing for my first show on the air.


“E! Answer the phone!” Nalyne shouted.


I sighed, frustratingly, walking around the sound board, and swiping my phone away from the counter.


“Hello?” I answered, with a hint of annoyance.


“Star...It's me,” came a hoarse voice, from the other end.


I breathed in sharply.


It had been two weeks since I had heard anything about Nick. He was still in the hospital and Aaron hadn't mentioned him at all. He had pretty much slipped out of my mind faster than the last time.


“Star? You there?” I stayed quit, “Please, don't hang up,” he breathed.


I licked my lips, opening my mouth, but not saying anything. I exhaled deeply, placing my free hand on my hip.


“Star?” he asked again.


“I'm here,” I responded in merely a whisper. I drag my teeth along my lower lip.


Nick sighs, “H...how are you?” he whispers back.


I chuckle. Shaking my head a little, thinking its was totally like him to ask a question like that in his condition.


“What?” he chuckles, with slight nervousness.


“Shouldn't I be asking that question?” I smile slightly.


“Oh well yea...but I figured I'd ask you first. Didn't think you would want to talk,” he trailed off.


I chewed the side of my lips, scratching my brow with my thumb, “How are you?” I asked shaking, my heart beating out of my chest...literally. I was seeing my shirt flutter with every beat.


He cleared his throat, stuttering slightly, “Uh...I'm, I'm good, you know,” I hear him curse silently.


“No I don't know,” I chuckled, shaking my head.


“Well besides barely waking up from, what I guess, was a three week coma...I'm pretty fucking good...lost some of my weight,” he laughed nervously.


I laughed along, trying to set him at ease, “Shame. I was actually digging your new look,” I smiled.


Nick scoffed, “Yea right,”


“I was. I was liking the new put on weight. It made you more attractive in my eyes,” I giggled.


“OK, now your just making fun of me,” he pointed.


I laughed, throwing my head back, “I'm not. I really was liking it,” I kicked the floor, swinging my leg a little.


“Sure sure,” I could hear the smile behind his sentence.


“Niiick,” I whined.


He laughed on the other side.


“Like you need assurance that your hot,” I retorted almost silently.


“I, I'm sorry, what did you say....I'm hot,” he giggled.


“Your an idiot,” I laughed.


“HEY! No insulting the cripple,” he scowled playfully.


“Your not crippled,” I laughed.


“Temporarily,”


“Well, that doesn't count,” I grinned.


Only our breathing was heard from each of our ends.


I began to hear small snickers from the other side, suddenly turning into full on laughter, leaving my confused, only to join in, in seconds.


“I think think the accident has affected you,” I laughed.


“Sorry. This just reminded me of when you first gave me your number. You would be flirting with me and we would laugh, then we would run out of shit to talk about,” he remembered.


I would flirt. You were the one to start, I just thought I'd give you the attention you seek-ed,”


“Ha. Ha. Yea right. You know you want me,” he laughed, dipping his voice low, making it more sexier than usual, just how I liked it.


I shivered slightly, “Whatever,” I answered shaking.


He snickered. Staying silent.


“E,” Nalyne called out from behind me.


I turned, seeing her rolling her hand, informing me that we were about to go live.


“Listen Nick, I have to go. I'm kind of busy,” I began.


“I'm sorry,” he said quickly, inhaling deeply.


“What?” I tilted my head to the side.


“I'm sorry. For....everything,” he breathed. “For treating you like shit. For taking my anger out at you. For just putting you through hell and blaming you for everything. Especially for what happened the park. I don't know what was going on with me. I just really wanted you to believe me and I don't know,” he rambled.


I turned around to Nalyne, who was tapping on the glass, mouthing at me to hurry.


“Nick I really have to go,” I quickened, chewing my lip.


“Star, no. Please just listen to me. I just want you to know tha-”


“We can talk about this some other time, but I really have to go. Call you....sometime,” I answered, hanging up, and running over to the other room, sitting in front of a mic.


“Who was that?” Nalyne asked.


“Doesn't matter,” I exhaled, putting on my headphones.


She shrugged, doing the same.


“ALRIGHT....3...2...1”


“Hey. Welcome to Random logic radio. Thanks for tuning in, or if your just scanning and just happened to stop here, well still, thanks and welcome. I'm your....Radio host Skylar,” I announced.


“And I'm Nay Nay. Yes! There are two people running this thing,” she giggles. “And we are two fucking hotties just...you know....talking and stuff,” she shrugged at me.


I laughed....


“We're going to start you off with a song. So this is Eminem featuring Rihanna 'Love the way you lie'. Enjoy,” I smiled, clicking 'mic off' and pressing sound switch, making music play.


I leaned back against the chair, grabbing my phone from my pocket. And I sat there as I stared at it.

Chapter End Notes:

I hope you liked this chapter. Thank you so much to those who have reviewed and those who are reading. I hope you don't stop lol. More interesting stuff to happen for Star and Nick so....blah continue lmfao bye bye

PeacexLove

-Evy