- Text Size +

Two days later, Brooke got permission to go home. The pains had stopped coming and they hadn’t been able to find anything that might have caused the problem.  The doctor warned her to come back in if there were any more problems.

 

Brooke finished signing the release papers and looked at Alissa.

 

“Ready to go?” Alissa asked.

 

“Absolutely, let’s get out of here.”

 

They went down to the lobby and Alissa told her cousin to wait there while she went to get the car.

 ----------------- 

AJ headed downtown to the studio. He was hoping to get some writing done before he was supposed to meet the other guys. A car passed by him when he was walking to the studio and he could have sworn that it was Alissa. Pulling out his cell, he called Nick.

 

“Hey J, we aren’t supposed to meet for another hour right?”

 

“Nick, listen! I was walking to the studio from the parking garage and I saw this woman drive by me. It was Alissa!”

“AJ, man, that’s impossible. We don’t even know where she is. Are you sure that you saw her? Maybe you saw someone that looked like her.”

 

“Nick, I know her! This was her no question!”

 

“What are you going to do?”

 

“I’m going to Brooke’s house and see for myself!”