- Text Size +

Brooke and Lucas came home about an hour later and found Alissa sitting on the kitchen floor sobbing and surrounded by glass.

 

“What the hell happened?” Lucas said while Brooke rushed to her cousin.

 

Alissa couldn’t stop crying. She had never seen AJ that angry and it frightened her.

 

“Please talk to us and tell us what happened.” Brooke pleaded with her.

 

All Alissa could say was AJ.

 

“AJ did this? What the fuck is his problem?” Brooke yelled.

 

“Calm down Brooke.” Lucas said not wanting another trip to the hospital. He knelt down in front of Alissa so they were eye to eye. “Alissa, why did AJ do this?

Alissa’s crying had subsided to the point where she could talk.

 

“He was here when I got home and said he wanted to talk. We started arguing and he got so mad that he picked up a vase and threw it against the wall.”

 

Brooke took a deep breath. “What were you fighting about?”

 

“Me leaving and hurting him. Him moving on and not loving me.”

 

“What did you guys say before he threw the vase?”

 

“I told him that he didn’t love me and just wanted to sleep with any woman he could.” Alissa said, starting to cry again.

 

Both Brooke and Lucas just stared at her. Neither one could believe that she had said something like that nor did they think it was the best time to tell her that there was no other woman. They decided that there was nothing else anyone could do tonight. Brooke took Alissa into the living room to talk while Lucas cleaned up the mess.