- Text Size +

22 year old Mackenzie, Kazie to most, Littrell flung her purse on her bed, and flopped down next to it. Today was her last day of her junior year semester at William Paterson University, in Wayne, New Jersey. Kazie had made the move from Kentucky to New Jersey three years ago, and was loving every minute of it. Sure, she missed the simple life she left behind down south, but the excitement from "the city life" is what she longed for. A communications major, Kazie was on her way of fufilling her dream in becoming a journalist. 

Grabbing her phone, she checked her text messages, that kept going off during her final exam. 

"D, Anna, Vicky, Jay," she said under her breath, scrolling. Tossing her phone aside, she closed her eyes, and took a deep breath in. She had been busting her ass the last few months, taking as many credits as she could. Her final fall semester would consist of an internship in New York City. So far, she was accepted at Cosmopolitan, and Seventeen. The dream though was Rolling Stone or People. She figured though if those didn't come through just yet, it just meant she was meant to work there once she was an established writer. Now, she could focus packing for the summer ahead. She had been rooming with two other girls; Jaime, and Alexa, both who went to school with her, but now that school was coming to an end, she would be spending her summer back in Kentucky. Or, at least so she thought.

Her concentration on where her big suitcase was, was broken by the vibration of her cell phone. Opening her ice blue eyes, she reached over, and picked it up. 

"Bri-Yah," the screen flashed. A huge smile formed across her face, and she hit 'Accept'.

"BRI-YAH!" she exclaimed, sitting up, Indian style.

"Kazieeeee," the southern drawl voice on the other end replied. "How's my best cousin doing?"

"Good! I just finished my last day of the semester. I'm gonna start packing tonight. I fly back home on Friday."

"Awesome, chicky. I'm proud of you! But, do you REALLY wanna spend the summer in boring 'ol Kentucky?" Brian asked.

"Well, not really. Why? You suggesting something?"

"I sure am. I know you're working on your internship in the fall, and although your resume, I'm sure, is quite impressive, I thought maybe I can help spice it up." 

Kazie raised an eyebrow. "I'm listening."

"I talked to your mom last night. I want to know if you want to join me, and the fellas on tour this summer? Really witness first hand the tour life. Review our concerts. All that fun stuff."

"OH MY GOD! Are you serious?!" Kazie said, jumping off her bed, and nearly tripping over her own two feet. "What did my mom say??"

"She said as long as I make sure you're taken care of, and safe, and seeing as we're going to have minium 8 bodyguards with us, at all times, I think we can handle that, then yes." 

"YES! OH MY GOD! YES! Brian, thank you, and Kev, SO much!" Kazie said, feeling tears form in her eyes.

"You're welcome sweetie. We're going to meet you Illinois on Thursday morning. I'll arrange all your flight plans."

"Yay! I can't wait!" Kazie said, jumping up, and down.

"Us either. It's definitely going to be an awesome experience! I gotta get going, but I'll call you tomorrow with all the info you need, okay?"

"Sounds good! Love you, Bri-Yah!"

"Love you too, Kaz," Brian said, then hung up. Kazie toss her phone onto the bed, and broke out into a happy dance. No stranger to her cousins' bandmates, she was extra excited because she hadn't seen them in over five years. If only she knew what she really would be experiencing these next few months.