- Text Size +

[Kazie]

"Oh my God, Vick! You can't even imagine what's going on with me on this tour!" Kazie said, laying down on her bed, and kicking off her sandals. Her coffee date with Donnie went perfectly. They laughed, and talked the entire time. Never once was there an awkward moment of silence, or something they didn't agree on.

"What? Tell me everything!" one of Kazie's best friends from back home, Vicky Lopez said.

"Okay, so the other night, I hung out with Nick, and we watched a movie, and then we made out, and Brian was totally a c-block, and called me, and it killed the moment, but whatevs, but then today..."

"Wait! You made out with NICK CARTER?! Oh my God. Is he a good kisser? Did anything else happen? Do you think anything else is going to happen? Oh my God!"

"Yes, he's an amazing kisser! And no, we just made out. He asked me to sleep over, but Brian would have a kanipshit. But then today! I went on a coffee date with Donnie from New Kids!"

"Who?" Vicky asked.

"Donnie. Wahlberg. Mark's older brother? He's on Blood Blues. Was in The Sixth Sense, and the Saw movies? Any of this ringing a bell?”

“No, not really.” Vicky admitted. “But whatever. Continue.”

“Okay, so anyway, yeah. We went to this cute little coffee shop today, called Cool Beans, and almost no one was there, so we had like an hour of just us, and we talked about everything, and we got along so well!”

“Kazie, you sound like you're 12 years old after your first dance. How old is Donnie?

“He'll be 42.”

“WHAT!?” Vicky shouted.

“He'll be 42 in August.”

“Mackenzie, that's 20 years older than you,” Vicky said, pulling up his IMDB page on her laptop, and scrolling through the trivia section. “He has a son that's four years younger than you? That's disgusting.”

“Are you googling him?” Kazie asked, narrowing her eyes.

“Yes, I am,” Vicky said. “Oh, now I know who he is! He's cute. Regardless. How does Brian feel about this?”

“I guess he's cool with it. I mean, he didn't seem to have an issue with us hanging out.”

“Um, probably because he's old enough to be your father, and Brian finds him as no threat. Does he seem into you?”

“I don't know. I guess. Why else would he want us to go out? And he specifically said coffee DATE.”

“Did you kiss?” Vicky asked, point blank.

“No...”

“Then congratulations. You two did what we did. Go out for coffee, and gossip. You had a girls' day with Donnie.”

“You are SUCH a buzz kill!” Kazie groaned.

 

[Donnie and Jonathan]

 “So, did you prove me wrong?” Jonathan asked, as Donnie climbed into his bus.

“I certainly did,” he replied, sitting down.

“Proved who wrong, why?” Jordan asked, looking up from his phone.

“Jonathan over here thinks I'm into Kazie, so I took her out for coffee to prove nothing would go on between the two of us. She's an awesome girl, don't get me wrong, but that's the thing. She's a girl.”

“She's also Brian's cousin, and you were in your second decade of life when she was born,” Jordan pointed it. “You guys didn't kiss or anything did you?”

“No, we had coffee. We talked about school, and her home life. She showed me some of her writings. We had a nice time.”

“So, what's going on with her and Nick?” Jon asked.

“According to her, nothing,” Donnie replied.

“Do you believe her?”

“She asked me the same thing. Why wouldn't I? Do you know something we don't?”

“Yes, but I promised I wouldn't say, because she doesn't want anything getting back to Brian.”

“I wouldn't say anything. It's not my place,” Donnie said, holding his hands up.

“Mine either,” Jordan added.

“I walked in on them this morning, kissing backstage. I think she's really into Carter, but is afraid to pursue anything, because of Brian.”

“Well, that's silly. Nick is a great dude, and he's Brian's best friend. He would never take advantage of her,” Jordan said.

“I agree,” Donnie said, but feeling a little twinge of jealousy. 'Was Kazie really that into Nick? Why does she seem so into me too, though?' he thought to himself.

 

[Nick and Brian]

“Hey, Rok? You got a minute?” Nick asked, as he and Brian walked out of the press room, and into the corridor to go back to the their buses.

“What's up?” Brian asked, but already have a feeling of what this conversation was going to be about.

“Can I talk to you about Mackenzie?”

“Sure,” he said, dryly, and leaned back against the wall.

“I really like her, Bri. Do you think our next two nighter off, I can take her to dinner, or something?”

“That depends. What are you intentions with her?”

“Aside from dinner, good conversation, and really getting to know her better, nothing. I thought you knew me well enough to know I'd never do anything or make her do anything she's uncomfortable with.”

Brian sighed. “I do know that. And so does Kev.”

“You called Kevin?” Nick's eyed widened. “Why?”

“Because she's our little sister, Nick. When her dad passed away, we promised we'd take care of her for him. And we're holding true to our promise.”

“And because of that alone, I would never do anything to hurt her. She loves you guys, Brian. But, she's also a 22 year old young lady who has a life of her own to live.”

“I know.”

“I promise to have her home safe and sound, in your bus at the time you'd like her home,” Nick said, holding out his hand.

Brian sighed once more, and shook Nick's hand with his own firm grip.