- Text Size +
Donnie walked back onto his bus, and sat down on the couch. Rubbing his eyes, he pulled his hat down to cover them.

'Why the fuck am I letting this bother me? She's my kid's age,' he asked himself over and over.

"What's your issue?" He heard Jon's voice. Lifting up his hat, he saw Jon grabbing his iPad. "I need to borrow yours. Mine just cracked."

Donnie nodded, and closed his eyes again.

"For real. What's wrong?" Jon sat down across from him, and fired up the iPad.

"You see the buzz on Twitter?"

"No," Jon said.

"Carter and Kazie are like, the top trend."

"Huh?" Jon looked up. Donnie shrugged, and pulled up the picture he texted himself from AJ's phone. Handing it to, Jon, Jon took a glimpse, then handed it back. "Okay. They're at dinner, looking like they're enjoying themselves, and the other one's company. Why does this bother you?"

Donnie blinked. "I don't know...."

"But you do. And it's the reason I said. You have a thing for her. And now she's with Carter, and it's annoying the shit out of you."

Donnie shifted on the couch. "Perhaps. And she's not 'WITH' Carter. They went one like, one date."

"One. Don't perhaps me. That's it. Two. They also went on a yacht ride after dinner, but that's just a minor detail. Three, she's like, Xavier's age."

"Yeah, Jon! I get it!" Donnie spat out. "Why do you think I never tried anything. But, I don't know. When we went for coffee, things just clicked. Conversation wasn't forced. It just flowed the way it should. And for 22, she's so mature, and such an old soul. Do you know her dad died a few years ago?" Jon shook his head. "Yeah. Drunk driver. She really opened up to me about it. Like, she really trusted me in knowing something so personal. And what do you mean, a yacht ride??"

"Because you're friends, D. And that's awesome. Let me ask you something? When she was talking about her and Nick, did she seem happy?" Donnie sighed, and nodded. "Then, why are you upset with that? You should be happy FOR her. And he rented a yacht to take them around some river or whatever after dinner. I think it's sweet."

"Oh, well, that's cute, I guess. If one likes that sort of thing. Why are you always right? You know I hate that." Jon laughed, and went back to the iPad, as Donnie picked up his cell phone to check the time.

Kazie Littrell Hey. You OK? You left kinda abruptly.

Donnie smiled to himself. Yeah. Just a mix of not sleeping well, and a bit of a headache. I'll survive. Thanks for checking

Kazie Littrell: Of course. Lemme know if you need anything. I'm running to the nearest grocery store in a bit, so I can pick up something if you need. Spread the word around, in case the rest need something too.

Will do. Why you going to the store? Planning on cooking up a feast tonight? LOL

Kazie Littrell: Somethinggggg like that. I'm making Nick and I dinner tonight. Figure spend the night in, since you guys start up again tomorrow. You're welcome to join though!

Donnie grunted, and Jon looked up. "Kazie," he said, simply. "She's inviting me on her date with Nick."

"...the fuck?" Jon asked, shaking his head, and going back to the article he was reading.

Thanks for the invite, but I think me, and the boys are gonna go out. Tell Bri once we come up with plans, I'll let him know.

Kazie Littrell: Cool beans. I'll let him know. Text me if you need anything. See you later!

Donnie tossed his phone aside, and rubbed his eyes again.

"Get over it dude," Jon said. Donnie held up the finger, before getting up.

"I need a nap to clear my head." Donnie walked to the back of the bus, and shut the door.

"When is he going to realize, I'm ALWAYS right about these things?" Jon chuckled, as he made the move from the chair to the couch, and sprawled out on it.