- Text Size +

"Full?" Brian said, placing his fork on his empty plate.

"Oh, yes!" Kazie said, laying back on the couch. It was a little after seven, and the rest of the band mates would be here within the hour. Kazie took a nice, hot shower, and got rid of "the plane smell", as she called it, and was now full of her dinner. The two spent the last couple hours, catching up, and reminiscing, Brian's father, Kevin's mother, and Kazie's father were siblings, and even though Kevin was 18, and Brian 14 when Kazie was born, they always looked at her more like a younger sister, than a cousin.

"So, what's on our agenda tomorrow?" Kazie asked, stretching out her tanned legs, and placing them over Brian's lap, resting her feet on the arm of the couch.

"You have weird toes," Brian said looking at them.

"I do not!" Kazie said, holding her left foot up.

"Yes, you do. They're oddly shaped," he said, grabbing one, and inspecting it.

"How are they oddly shaped? They're toes! What are they supposed to look like? Seriously. I'm gonna kick you in the face in about two seconds," Kazie said, sitting up, and pulling her legs back in.

"I don't know. They're just weird. I can't help you were born with weird toes. They're clearly from aunt Mandy's side of the family," Brian said, holding up his hands in defense."

Their argument was interrupted by the sound of a knock at the door. Brian looked at his watch, and stood up.

"Hmm. Wonder if it's the fellas," he said, walking over to the door. Looking into the peephole, he was greeted with a close up view of Howie's forehead. Unchaining it, he pulled it up open.

"Evening, boys," he said, as Howie, Nick, and AJ filed in.

"Hello gentleman," AJ said.

"Ehhh-hmmm!" Kazie said, clearing her throat loudly.

"And lady!" AJ added, walking over to her. "How the fuck are you, kiddo?" he asked, as he gave her a hug hello.

"I'm good! How are you? How's Ro doing?" Kazie asked, returning the hug.

"She's fantastic! Busy planning the wedding," he replied.

"Oh good! Tell her I said hello when you speak to her," she said, stepping over to Howie.

"D!" she exclaimed.

"K!" he said, with equal enthusiasm, hugging her.

"How are you? How's everyone?"

"Can't complain! How are you?" he asked.

"Good! Insanely excited to be here!" Howie moved over to say hello to Brian, as Kazie walked over to Nick.

"Hello, Nickolas Gene Carter," she said, to the tall blonde.

"How are you tonight, Mackenzie Kadence Littrell?" He leaned in, and gave her a kiss on her cheek.

"Pretty good. What's new?"

"Same old. Happy to have you with us. It's gonna be great!" he said, with a smile. Kazie smiled back, and gave a small wink, before walking back to the couch.

"We were just talking to Kaz about the agenda, before we got into a heated debate about her and her weird ass toes," Brian said, sitting back down. The rest of the guys took various seats around the living room, as Kazie sandwiched herself between him and Nick.

AJ raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Because they're weird," Brian said, matter of factly.

"They're not weird! You're weird! YOUR FACE IS WEIRD!" Kazie snapped.

"Ohhhh!" Howie said, high fiving her.

"There's something seriously wrong with you. Anyway, where's The Kids?" Brian asked.

"Joe texted me. They hit traffic on the way from the airport. They'll be here within the next twenty minutes or so," Howie replied.

The bunch spent the next few minutes catching up, gushing about how grown up Kazie got, listened to her talk about school, moving on her own, sharing stories about their own families. Kazie stood up, and started to walk to her room.

"I'm gonna call my mom. I'll be out in a few, kay?"

"Tell her we send love!" AJ said. Kazie walked down the hall, and closed the door behind her. Grabbing her cell phone, she hit her "Home" contact, and listened to the rings.

"Hi Baby Doll," her mom's voice said, on the other line.

"Hey Mama. How are you?"

"Good, good. How are things going?" Mandy said.

"Good! We ate dinner here, and now Nick, AJ, and Howie arrived not too long ago. We're just waiting for the others," she replied, sitting down on her bed, and opening her duffle bag. Pulling out a new t-shirt, she tossed it aside.

"Any plans for tonight?"

"Nahh. I'm really tired. We're just gonna go over things for tomorrow. I don't know if the guys have plans, but if they do, I'm gonna stay in."

"Good. Rest up. Tomorrow is a big day," Mandy said. "Lucy misses you." Kazie smiled at the thought of her little white and beige Havanese puppy back home.

"Give her a big hug for me, and an extra treat!"

"I will. I'm gonna get ready to go for coffee with Sue and Marion, but call me first thing in the morning. Love you Kaz," Mandy said.

"Love you more, Mama. Talk to you tomorrow. Sleep well," Kazie said, hanging up, and plugging her phone into the charger. Standing up, she pulled off the t-shirt she had on. She had spilled some ketchup on it during dinner, and didn't want the guys to think she was a slob, even though AJ, Nick, and Howie already saw her. Taking her dirty shirt, she walked over to the mesh laundry bag she brought, and put it in, where her clothes from earlier had already lived. She walked over to her duffle bag again, and pulled out her deodorant, and Desire by Victoria's Secret body spray. Applying some, she put it back in the back, and grabbed her t-shirt. Just as she was about to put it on, her bedroom door flung open.

"Oh!" she said, jumping back, and dropping it.

"Oh, my God! I am so sorry!" Donnie Wahlberg said, as he stood in the door, staring at a shirtless and braless Mackenzie. Shutting the door behind him, Kazie bent over, and picked up her shirt.

"Really, Kazie?!" she yelled out loud. "The first impression you give to a New Kid is of your friggen tits?!"