- Text Size +

Chapter 14 Two Is Better Than One

***October 1st, 2011***

                “I cannot believe today is the day bro,” Aaron said to me as we shared a mirror in the groom’s dressing room of the yacht club.

                “I can’t believe it either Aaron. Honestly it won’t become reality for me until Kalie walks down that aisle toward me.”

                “Well I know for a fact that she’s not going to be a runaway bride.”

                “I’m not saying that. It just hasn’t really hit me yet that I’m getting married today.”

                “Hey, hey you’re looking sharp there Carter.”

                Aaron and I turned around to see Rich standing in the doorway.               

                “Hey man you made it! I wasn’t sure if DJ Lani was going to make an appearance since the Mrs. is pregnant,” I replied shaking his hand.

                He sighed, “Yeah the plane ride down here yesterday was not a pretty one with her morning sickness and she had to buy a dress that actually fit but we made it. It’s a good thing the ceremony is a later one because we both needed the extra sleep we got this morning.”

                “I could only imagine dude. Oh and before I forget, Rich this Aaron, Aaron this is Rich.”

                “It’s nice to meet you little Carter,” Rich extended his hand.

                “It’s nice to meet you too DJ Lani,” Aaron shook his hand.

                “You better go get your tux on. I don’t want to be late waiting on one of my groomsmen.”

                Rich chuckled, “Are you a groomzilla Nick?”

                I smirked, “No. But the wedding planner might have your head if you make this wedding late.”

                “I know that one. But I think I had it worse. Our wedding planner was the bride’s father figure.”

                “I got off easy didn’t I?”

                “Yes you did man.”

                Rich had just finished getting ready when Chris and Dan walked in the room. They were the first to be dressed and both ran up the stairs to catch a sneak peak at my bride. She actually let them in to her suite and took pictures with them. I have to admit that I was jealous that they got to see her before I did.

                “Are we all ready to go?” Dan asked.

                “The girls are ready and I think Lucy is going to be calling for us in about two minutes,” Chris added in.

                “We’re good to go,” I answered fixing my bow tie in the mirror one last time.

                “You’re nervous aren’t you?” Chris asked.

                I nodded my response.

                “Don’t worry about it. All grooms get like that. But trust me. It will all be worth it the moment she walks down that aisle toward you,” Dan patted my back. He has always been the more romantic type out of my guy friends, “She’s gorgeous Nick.”

                “And it will really be worth it when all the guests leave and it’s just you and her. If you know what I mean,” Chris nudged me.

                We all laughed at that just as Lucy came knocking at the door, “It’s time to get the groom to the alter and the groomsmen to line up with the bridesmaids. Get a move on fellas the sun is starting to set. It’s time to get you married Nickolas.”

                “Here we go,” I breathed out.

                “Hey Nick it’s easy. All you have to do is read your vows, repeat after the priest or whoever your official is, slip a ring on her finger and then you get to kiss her,” Rich nudged his elbow against my arm and I nodded my head again.

                I kept my composure as I took my spot at the alter next to the priest. I took in the sights around me. Lucy and her team did a really good job at decorating the boardwalk which jutted out over the ocean that we were getting married on.  The chairs were connected with white satin and peach, purple, and pink flowers added the right amount of color against all of the white. The ocean lay directly behind us and it was calm which was going to make it a lot easier for us to say our vows and actually have our guests hear them. Everyone was looking up and smiling at me. I noticed my parents were actually sitting rather close to each other and talking. I have no idea what they were talking about but at least they were talking and not screaming at each other.

                Then I started to realize my nerves when the wedding party proceeded down the aisle to join me. Brian, who was my best man, patted my shoulder and said, “Take a deep breath Frack. Your bride is on her way.”

                Our guests stood up as Kalie and her dad entered our view. The sun was just starting to set and I thought the sky was simply beautiful but it was no comparison to her.

                My heart stopped when I first saw her walking toward me. I swear everything seemed to be moving in slow motion around me. The sound of the waves gently lapping against the beach faded away and I could hear my heart beating.     

                The mermaid gown she wore fit her curves beautifully and I loved the pearl beading and metallic accents (trust me I learned a lot from watching all of those wedding shows with her). It made her look like a mermaid which was just perfect for our beach wedding. She was glowing in that dress.

                She made eye contact with me and I could see the shine in her eyes as she smiled that sweet little smile.

                The only thing I could say was, “Wow.”

                She read my lips and winked at me.

                I didn’t even hear the priest ask who was giving away the bride. I was stuck in a trance just looking at my bride. The next thing I know Mr. Smith kissed her forehead then gave me a handshake and said, “Welcome to the family son.”

                “Thanks Dad,” I answered warmly.

                We hugged then the priest continued with the ceremony.

                “Now it’s time for the vows. Kalie, ladies first.”

                “Nick, we have been waiting a long time for this day. Who would have ever known that our friendship would come to this. You have always been my best friend and I can’t tell you how excited I am to finally call you my husband. Our love has been tested through time and space and there is no one else on the face of this earth that I want to spend the rest of my life with. Bear with me here when I quote a Backstreet Boys’ song when I say that you are my safest place to hide and that you understand me like nobody can. I don’t know what I would do without you. I love you Nick, with all of my heart.”

                “My turn huh?” I looked at the priest and I heard chuckles erupt from our guests.

                “You better have something good son. Those vows are a tough act to follow,” the priest joked.

                “I have to say that performing in front of a sold out stadium show doesn’t make me nervous but I have the worst case of stage fright right now.” 

                The made Kalie laugh and I loosened up a little and continued, “Kalie what can I say? You truly are the love of my life and I can’t imagine living without you. We have shared so many memories, laughs, fears, tears… you are the only person who has seen me cry and you know how much I hate crying, like right now.” She giggled as she wiped a tear off my cheek and one from her own. “I may seem like I’m copying you but it’s true, you do understand me like nobody else can. You’re my best friend and I have never loved anyone more. I almost lost you once and it was the worst pain I’ve ever felt thinking that I would lose you from my life…” I choked back more tears then continued, “I never want to lose you again. You mean too much to me Kalie. I love you with all my heart.”

                “And now it’s time for the rings,” the priest said and the ring bearer, Kalie’s nephew, brought them to us.

                “I, Nickolas Gene Carter, take you, Kalie Marie Smith, as my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, for better or worse, ‘til death do us part. With this ring I vow to love you beyond the end of time.”

                “I, Kalie Marie Smith, take you, Nickolas Gene Carter, as my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, for better or worse, ‘til death do us part. With this ring I vow to love you beyond the end of time.”

                We looked up and smiled at each other then looked at the priest who then said with a smile on his face, “I now pronounce you husband and wife. Nickolas you may now kiss your lovely bride.”

                She let out an excited giggle before our lips met. That kiss was like no other that we shared before. It didn’t last too long but while it did so many memories of our life together ran through my mind. We parted and turned toward our guests who were giving us a standing ovation as we walked hand in hand back down the aisle one last time.

                Everyone made their way back into the yacht club for the reception. After we were announced as a newly married couple my sister Leslie and Kalie’s twin brother Kasey sang Two Is Better Than One for our first dance as man and wife.

                “You look so beautiful tonight Kalie,” I crooned to her as we swayed together.

                “And you, my husband, clean up pretty good yourself.” We chuckled then leaned our foreheads against each other’s.

                Our siblings did a great job singing our song but I really wasn’t paying attention. Kalie had me preoccupied. I couldn’t take my eyes off of her and even though Leslie’s voice sounded great as she was singing I was focusing on the soft sound of my bride’s voice as she sang along. If I could stay in that moment with her forever I would.      

                All of our guests had a blast during the rest of the reception and Kalie and I did too but it went by too quickly. It was like we blinked our eyes and we were saying goodnight to the last guest to leave.

                “There’s a limo waiting for you two outside to take you home,” Lucy, our wedding planner, said as we were walking out the door.   

                “Thank you Lucy. Thank you for everything. This wedding was amazing!” Kalie hugged her.

                “It was my pleasure Kay. Congratulations you two. May you always be happy.”

                Once in the limo we took one look at each other and automatically started to make out and we continued to until we felt the limo stop moving in front of our house. I tipped the driver then practically ran into our house after my bride.

                “I don’t think I have ever seen you this turned on baby,” I said with a chuckle in my voice.

                “What can I say? I’m loving the way you look in that tux and we did just have an amazing wedding and the night isn’t over yet. Plus I’m feeling pretty sexy in this dress, well actually the little number I have on under the dress.”

                I could feel my body temperature rise just thinking about what was under that dress, “Well then what are we waiting for?”

                “I don’t know. But I’m ready to go if you are.” She winked at me then grabbed my hand and dragged me up the stairs.

*Kalie’s POV*

                I’ll admit it, I was nervous! But at the same time the only thing I wanted to do was get out of my dress and well, to be frank, I wanted to go all night with my new husband. (I still can’t believe that Nick is now my husband!)  I was horny, no other way to put it, and I sure as shit knew what was on Nick’s mind.

                When we got to the top of the stairs I stopped before we walked into the bedroom, “You didn’t carry me through the threshold when we got home. So are you going to carry me through this thresh hold?” I asked with a giggle in my voice.

                “If you want me to,” he replied giving me that sexy one sided grin that just drives me wild.

                He scooped me up in his arms then kicked the door open. I giggled as he carried me in the room.

                I couldn’t stop giggling as he placed me back on my feet. I do that a lot whenever Nick and I became intimate. He just made me feel so good and I have no idea why but I always became a little nervous whenever we got intimate.  

                “What’s so funny?” Nick chuckled.          

                “You. You’re excited aren’t you honey?”

                “Well aren’t you excited?”          

                “Of course I am but you’re just too funny. It’s not like we haven’t had sex before.”

                “But this is our wedding night baby! Our wedding night!”

                “I know,” I replied calmly trying to play coy and hide my nerves. “Why don’t we take a minute to, I don’t know, light the candles in here, spread some rose pedals, let me slip into something a little more comfortable?”     

                His eyes lit up as I looked at him and flashed a sexy, little smirk at him.  

                “You want rose pedals, and candles lit?”              

                I nodded my head.

                “You got it babe!”

                He jumped up and quickly lit the candles that were placed around the room. I watched him as I took off my shoes then got up from the bed and placed them in their box. I took two purple roses from my bouquet and handed them to him. I had plenty of roses to dry and press for our wedding album. He didn’t waste any time ripping off the pedals and throwing them on the bed and on the floor adding to the romantic mood of the room.

                “Ok, candles are lit, pedals are spread. All we need to do is take off this dress,” he stepped back to me and started to unzip my dress.

                I looked over my shoulder at him, “The lights kinda defeat the purpose of the candles don’t ya think?”

                He took one giant leap-step to the light switch and another one back to me.

                “You’re right that does make a big difference. Anything else?”

                I laughed at him again, “You just can’t wait another second can you?”

                He shook his head, “No I can’t. I finally get to consummate my wedding with my beautiful bride.” I looked into his eyes as he stood in front of me and placed his hands on my hips, “I can’t believe I just said that. I can’t believe we just got married and we’re leaving for our honeymoon tomorrow.”

                My fingers ran up his neck and started to massage the back of his head. “I can’t believe it either. But we only have one wedding night after all. Let’s not waste it.”

                He brushed a loose curl from my face, “Don’t be nervous Kayl.”

                “You know me too well,” I giggled out some of my nerves.

                “I do. That’s why I married you. But it’s not like it’s our first time. We have done this before you know.”

                That made me laugh, “I just want tonight to be perfect for the both of us.”

                His lips touched my forehead, “It will be. It already has been. It still is. We’re married. We’re in love. That’s my definition of perfect.”

                We gazed into each other’s eyes and man did his eyes look gorgeous in the candle light. The stare was hypnotizing and only lasted for a few seconds before our lips met.

                The kiss was sweet at first then it got deeper and more sexual.

                When we came up for air I whispered over his lips, “Unzip my dress. I don’t think I can wait any longer.”

                He flashed his sexy one sided grin at me that drove me crazy and crashed his lips onto mine again. His fingers fumbled around with the hook on my dress as I untied his bow tie. While we kissed he unzipped my dress and I pulled off his shirt exposing his undershirt. The dress fell to the ground and I tugged on his belt. His pants fell and we stopped kissing so I could step out of my dress to hang it up. Nick just kicked his shirt and pants aside.

                We turned back to each other and I found that I couldn’t take another step closer to my new husband. Nick’s stare seemed to paralyze me. I felt my nerves start to build again when it hit me that he was taking in the white lace push up bra and panties I was wearing. I had them hidden from him for a long time saving them for tonight.               

                It’s just Nick. Why are you so nervous? I thought to myself. His face was emotionless though. Maybe he didn’t like them on me.

                I swallowed forcing myself into my “enticing” voice asked, “Well, do like what you see?” 

                He nodded slowly, “I don’t like what I see, I love what I see. I love what you’re wearing, I love your body, I love your soul, I especially love how you’re my bride.”

                I bit my lower lip in the way I knew drove him crazy. I walked toward him like I was performing a Rumba, the most sensual ball room dance.

                He smiled, “And have I mentioned how much I love how sexy you are? Especially when you do your Rumba walk.”

                I giggled as I continued to Rumba walk into his arms. We kissed again. And like before it started off soft and sweet, then turned deep and sensual.

                His fingers crept behind my ear and pushed my face closer to his making the kiss as deep as possible. I messaged his head with my nails just as he liked.  

                “Are you turned on yet?” he whispered over my lips.

                “I am but I’d be even more turned on when you expose those abs and pecks of yours.”

                He kissed my neck then ripped off his beater, “How’s that?”

                “That’s better,” I ran my hands over his now naked torso. I loved the feel of his soft skin stretched tightly over his muscles.

                He pushed me gently on the bed and my body trembled, but in a good way, as Nick’s slender fingers ran down my shoulders and onto my back to unhook my bra. He flung the white lace bra behind him not caring where it landed. He slowly started kissing my skin. The kisses started traveling down my neck, in between my boobs and onto my stomach. Every touch was making me shiver but I never wanted the shivers to stop. He kissed the scar on my ribs from where I had been shot.

                His thumb gingerly rubbed it, “I meant what I said in my vows. The day you were shot was the scariest day in my life. I never want to lose you again, until death do us part.”

                I raised myself off of the bed and ran my fingers through his hair, “Don’t think about that day. Don’t pay attention to that scar. It doesn’t matter tonight. It’s our wedding night so let’s treat it that way.” I lowered myself back onto the bed and Nick’s lips continued to delicately touch my body journeying to my panties. His fingers gently tugged them down and they too were flung behind him.

                Afterward I cleaned myself up a little bit then flopped back on the bed. Nick did the same and crawled onto the bed. He laid behind me and draped his arm around my waste. Our breathing finally slowed back to normal as we just relaxed there watching the candle light flicker on the walls. I wanted to flip over and face my groom but I just couldn’t move.

                He rested his chin on my shoulder, “I still can’t believe we’re married.”

                I chuckled and played with my ring, “We have the rings to prove it.”

                He kissed my shoulder then we just laid there until the candles started to burn themselves out one by one.

                “I better go blow those out and open the window,” Nick commented.

                It didn’t take him that long to finish blowing out the candles and he opened the window quickly to prevent the smoke alarm from going off. I, in the meantime, sat up.

                “How about we take a nice relaxing bath in the Jacuzzi tub?” I suggested. That Jacuzzi tub was the best thing in the master bathroom.

                “That sounds perfect.”

                I got off the bed and found myself to be really sore. I walked gingerly into the bathroom and heard Nick laugh.

                “What’s so funny?” I looked back at him as I turned on the water.

                “You a little sore there babe?”

                I nodded my head, “Just a little.”

                “Sorry about that,” he joined me in the bathroom.

                “Don’t be sorry,” I replied wrapping my arms around his neck. “It was totally worth being sore.”               

                The water filled the tub quickly and Nick helped me slip into the steamy water. We sat with the jets on for a good while. The water relieved most of my soreness.

                After we dried each other off, we walked hand in hand back to bed.

                We cuddled especially close to each other that night. I didn’t know why and I honestly didn’t care why. I just loved being held so close to him. The feel of his heart beat against mine, his fingers messaging the back of my neck, and his warm breath hitting my forehead was acting as a lullaby for me.           

                Just as I was about to doze off he whispered, “Was today and tonight everything you wanted?”

                I lifted my hand to run my fingers through is hair, “Every single moment of this day was perfect. We just had the best sex we’ve ever had and I married the man of my dreams. I couldn’t have asked for a better day. And now I get to fall asleep in your arms. Was everything perfect for you too?”

                “Perfect is not even the word Kalie. Good night my wife.”

                “Good night my husband. I love you Nick.”

                “And I love you Kalie.”

                We gave each other one final kiss before falling asleep.