- Text Size +

The next time I go to look down at my friends I notice a stranger standing by my booth. He’s just standing there watching the dance floor as if he’s trying to find something or someone. He looks familiar. Very familiar, but I can’t put my finger on where I’ve seen him before. I catch myself staring at this good looking stranger just as he turns around and catches me as well. He smiles at me and that one small smile sends my cheeks into a flame of blush. I give him a shy smile in return and go back to watching the girls. It was a few minutes later when I realize he hasn’t moved. I glance back at him and catch him looking at me with a small smile once again on his face. “Hello?” I politely say to him. “Hi.” He replies. “Um, did you need something?” I ask nervously. “No. I just caught you looking at me earlier and I got to wondering to myself, what is a beautiful woman like you doing up here all by yourself?” “Oh, um, it’s girls’ night out and I’m the DD. My friends are the drunken maniacs laughing at those guys down there on the dance floor.” I chuckle. “What a coincidence, I’m here with my friends too and I’m also the DD. My friends are the drunken ones making your drunken maniacs laugh.” He laughed lightly. I giggled at his statement. “I’m Riley.” I said as I held my hand out to him. “Alex. But everyone calls me AJ. It’s nice to meet you, Riley.” “It’s nice to meet you too, AJ.” As I finish that statement and glance back to my friends laughing at his friends it clicks in my mind. I know who this man is. “Oh!” I exclaim. “What?” He jumps. “Oh, um, I just sort of figured out who you are. You’re AJ McLean from BSB.” I blushed again. “Oh.” He replied in a voice that sounded kind of disappointed. “Are you okay, AJ?” “Yeah, I’m fine. I was just kind of hoping you wouldn’t know who I was.” He replied. “I’m sorry. I guess that would get pretty annoying for everyone and their dog to know who you are. But if it makes you feel better I’ll tell you this now. Yes I am a fan of your group but as you’ve noticed I haven’t gone into ‘fan girl mode’.” He chuckled. “I do have to admit it’s nice to meet someone who knows who I am and doesn’t scream like she’s about to kidnap and hide me in her closet.” I laughed out loud at that one. I hadn’t meant to but I did and he seemed just fine with it. He just smiled again.