- Text Size +
It has been a rough couple of months for Nick it was rough seeing the children knowing him and Rayna were separated and just lying to the kids. He got himself a condo downtown Los Angeles so far no one has suspected anything as of yet but he knew it was only a matter of time before the truth came to the surface. He sat down in his chair and tried to write some lyrics for some new stuff he was working on for a possible next solo album since the new Backstreet album was practically done and to be released in July, but he couldn’t concentrate his mind kept fluttering to Rayna and the kids. Lost in thought his phone rang-it was Brian.

“Hey man what’s up?”

“We have another problem.”

“What is it this time? I swear I haven’t been doing anything” he stated.

“Good to know but I think you need to turn your TV on and watch entertainment tonight, I know you have been trying to keep this separation under wraps but this chick Emelyn or whatever her name is has it out to ruin you or something dude.” Nick picked his remote up from the coffee table and turned on the tv…he had missed the first few minutes of it of course but he saw Emelyn holding a baby.

“Fuck” he said.

“I know dude you can’t hide it anymore you going to need to make some kind of a statement, Kev wanted me to call and tell you that you have too its too late now.”

“I guess I will write something up. I guess I will get off of here and listen to this bullshit that she has to say. I will talk at you later bro”

“Alright let me know if you need anything.”

“I will.” Nick hung up the phone and turned up the TV.

“So Emelyn why are you deciding to come out today?:” the reporter asked.

“Well because I think Mr. Carter wants nothing to do with this child and he needs to man up and take responsibility for his actions and start taking care of his child” she said.

“Why not go about this in a different manner I am sure you could just have picked up your phone and called him”

“I tried but he denied my calls over and over again and kept saying the baby wasn’t his.”

“And are you sure the baby is his?” Emelyn nodded.” How long were you and Mr. Carter involved?”

“Almost a year, we met when he was on tour with New Kids On The Block and then there was a little fling while they were recording in Europe for their newest album.” She confessed. Nick couldn’t believe what he was hearing,” It’s so hard being a single parent and I want is our baby to be loved and to be a family.”

“But Mr. Carter is married Emelyn”

“I heard they are separated from a source, but I am not going to tell you who told me,” Now Nick was mad where did she get off telling the whole world about his separation from Rayna?

“Well we didn’t know this. Well Emelyn is there anything else you would like to clear up?”

“No, I think I pretty much said all that I wanted to say” “Well ladies there you heard it first here on ET. Nick Carter’s mistress has spoken out about their love affair they have had for over a year now and she just had his baby and is now separated from his wife Rayna of just two years whom he has four children with. This sounds like a love triangle from hell if you ask me. Will Nick get together with this mistress? Or just decide to pay child support? I guess we will just have to see how this story unfolds.”

Nick turned off the TV he didn’t want to hear any more of the bullshit that was unfolding before his eyes. He wondered who told her about him and Rayna separated the only people who knew were the guys and their wives unless it was slipped up somewhere down the line. His phone started to ring again, this time it was Rayna.

“Hello?”

“Nick what in the world is going on?” Nick ran his fingers through his hair.

“I guess you saw ET?”

“Yes, have you been hanging out with her again?”

“No!” he exclaimed,” I swear Ray I haven’t, I haven’t seen her since we were in Europe I promise, you have to believe me.” There was silence on the other end of the phone,” Ray?”

“I am here Nick. I don’t know. I just hope the kids don’t find out I don’t know how to explain this to them.”

“Then let’s not explain anything let’s just get back together and defuse the rumors. I want it to be me and you again. I miss us”

“Nick I still need time and after the thing I saw on the news I am just not sure”

“I will prove this baby isn’t mine Ray”

“And what if it is then what?”

“I don’t know what you would like me to do?” he asked her. The line went silent again.

“I don’t even want to think about it because I don’t think I could ever get used to a child that was born from a mistress” she stated.

“I will prove it Rayna and for whatever reason if this child just happens to be mine then I will do the right thing and pay child support I guess I hope that you will come around cause I don’t think the option of just paying her a lump of money will work.”

“Just prove it then Nick the kids miss you and its getting hard to hide stuff from them,”

“I will but please if for whatever reason I am wrong you have to give me another chance, I know you miss me and I know the kids too and I miss you too. I know I have made some God awful mistakes and I regret them every single fucking day of my life just please consider it.” He heard Rayna sigh.

“Maybe, but I am not going to give you any kind of an answer please just let me get my thoughts together.”

“Alright I have to go and make some kind of a stupid statement please just know that I love you and the kids”

“I know you do Nick. I’ll talk to you soon.” Nick hung up the phone. Now it was time to clean up the mess he has made. It was time to come clean to his fans and also to himself that he isn’t perfect and mistakes do happen and somehow prove that Emelyn was lying but deep down in his gut he knows that this wasn’t going to turn out well that the baby was his but he felt like this was Emelyn’s plan all along, but he decided that he would talk to Emelyn first and get a paternity test before he even put the statement out.