- Text Size +
Nick finally got a hold of Emelyn and was able to do a DNA test on the baby terrified to reveal the results he called Brian to come over and visit before he went over to Rayna’s. Nick opened the door for Brian.

“You know you are such a chicken shit” he said.

“I know, but I just have this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach this bad luck karma thing has just kicked my ass all the way through this shit and I just know this child is mine but I don’t have to admit it I guess, and if this baby is mine Rayna told me she didn’t want to have anything to do with me she told me the other day so yes I am being a chicken shit.” Nick responded.

“Well I am not gonna say I ..”

“Don’t please,” Nick interrupted,” I beat myself up every day over this no gloating”

“Sorry,” Brian apologized,” Let’s just get this over with Leighanne thinks I am out at the gym, this tip toeing thing is really getting out of hand.” Brian took the piece of paper from Nick and opened it,” Nick you are the father,” he said in his best impersonation of Maury he could possibly do,” Dude I really am sorry, so what are you going to do?”

“I don’t know its kinda hard to lie about this”

“Wellll” he said.” Not exactly I can fabricate just about anything I think. Let me see what I can do,” Brian walked over to Nick’s laptop and opened it up.” See I can probably find an official seal online and paste them into a document and then just rewrite everything that the letter says and instead of saying you are the father I will just add that you are not the father simple as that.” He paused.,” And then bam! You should have her back.”

“Bri, if Leighanne ever found out she would kick your ass”

“She isn’t going to ever find out but once I do this hide the original please burn it do whatever you have to do so it doesn’t get into the wrong hands cause I won’t be able to save you again.”

“I knew you always had some kind of a wild side up in there somewhere,” Nick chuckled.

“I try,” Brian did his thing and make up the document just like the original and it wasn’t easy but no one would ever know. Nick couldn’t believe how authentic it looked he couldn’t tell the difference,” Just remember don’t let the original get into the wrong hands Nick and with the child support find a way to disguise it since Rayna is on your bank account I suggest a college fund or something I don’t really know but do whatever you have to do and if you do it right no one will ever find out.”

“Rok, you know way too much about this shit and you are making yourself look suspicious.”

“Leigh just watches too much of those damn crime shows” he laughed,” I could probably tell you how to kill someone and get away with it too.” They both laughed,” I should be going I told Leigh I wasn’t going to stay too long at the gym she will be blowing up my phone before I know it, but let me know how it turns out.”

“I will thank you again man I owe you”

“Dude, you’d do the same for me if I was ever in the same situation I’ll see you later” he said giving him a quick hug before he went out the door. Nick knew he had to make some kind of plan to get Emelyn off his back he decided to walk down the street and call her from one of the last payphones in the city.

“Hello?”

“Hey we need to talk?”

“Decided to change your mind about us did you?” she asked.

“No, but I have a proposition”

“Go on”

“If I decided to make a separate account for you and our child anonymously and promise to put whatever you need into it can you please just stop torturing me?” the phone went silent,” Em please you have already made such a big deal about this you have gone onto TV and slammed me on my twitter account just give me a break”

“You really love her don’t you?”

“Yes I do we have something great and I know I had a moment …well ok moments of weakness but I truly love her and the thought of her going away forever just kills me to know end.” He heard Emelyn sigh.

“Find, but if you fuck with me one time Carter so help me”

“I won’t believe me. What name do I need to use” “Her name is Lorelei Bryan”

“Thank you Em I will get it set up right away”

“I am only doing this because I know you won’t ever love me like you do her. I am sorry I put you through all of this and into this predicament”

“ No, don’t apologize it was just as much as my fault as anyone’s thank you again I will be in touch with you soon.” Nick hung up the phone and walked back to his condo and made a call to the bank and set up the arrangements promising nothing would ever get leaked and no one would ever find out not even Rayna he just hoped it wouldn’t come around to bite him in the ass one day.

Chapter End Notes:
Don't forget to R&R! :)