- Text Size +
Nick drove to Rayna’s house with the papers in hand in hopes that this would rekindle everything and he could move back into the house he certainly hated being away from everyone. After all the album was completed and they were going to be receiving a star on the Hollywood walk of fame and a world tour was going to be happening soon he needed the support of his wife more than ever. He drove into the driveway and saw the kids playing on the slide out front.

“Daddy!” they all exclaimed running to him.

“We’ve missed you” Hunter said giving him a hug.

“I’ve missed you too where is your mother?”

“I think in the house making lunch” Olivia responded.

“You kids go and play now until lunch is ready and then after lunch I will come and join you,”

“ok dad!” all the kids went back to the slide. Nick walked into the house and saw Rayna cooking up a batch of grilled cheese sandwiched.

“Hey got enough to make one more?” Rayna turned around and saw Nick standing in the doorway.

“Oh hey I didn’t hear you come in, and how many you want?”

“Two please.” He said taking a seat at the bar,” Where’s Darren?”

“He is napping…a late nap I know but he was being stubborn so what brings you over? You usually don’t come on Tuesdays”

“Well I have something to show you” Rayna looked at Nick with a smirk on her face.

“Oh really?”

“Mhmm and I think you will like it,” Nick took out the piece of paper from his pocket,” Here”

“What’s this?” she asked setting down the spatula

“Just read it” Rayna opened up the piece of paper and realized what it was

“So you aren’t the father?”

“Nope.” He said,” I told you I would prove to you that this baby wasn’t mine.”

“I’m sorry” she apologized.

“For what?”

“Not trusting you and being such a bitch about it all.” Nick got up from his chair and walked over to Rayna and pulled her in for a hug. He missed her all he wanted was to be back home with his family.

“You had every right to do what you did you me Ray. I was such an asshole for doing it. I can promise you I won’t ever do it again.”

“Nick I know but I just won’t be able to forgive you over night. It will take some time to get over it.” She explained,” But if you want you can move back in but separate bedrooms. The kids miss you and they know the album is already completed,” Nick smiled he was glad he was going to get to come home.

“I understand, after I finish eating mind if I go to the condo and start bringing stuff over? Maybe I can get AJ and D come and help me move back in.”

“Sure that’s fine,” Rayna served up the grilled cheese sandwiches to Nick and the kids and they all sat around the table in the kitchen like they were a real family again.

Chapter End Notes:
Sorry these last two chapters have been so short! Dont forget to R&R!