- Text Size +
After a long day at the park Nick brought the kids home he let Rayna have much needed alone time he was certainly glad to be back home and getting back into the “daddy” duties around the house. He didn’t care that they were still in separate bedrooms after being back home for almost 2 months he was just glad to be home where he belonged. Nick pulled into the driveway and got out and carried Darren into the house.

“I see you tuckered him out”

“Yeah Maddy is in the car and I dropped off Hunter and Liv at their friends house” he replied.

“I will go and get Maddy” Rayna walked out the car to get Maddy when she noticed a car parked on the other side of the street. She just assumed it was someone getting ready to leave or maybe even talking on a cell phone she certainly knew it couldn’t be her neighbors since they were out of town for the week. She decided to quit being so paranoid and grabbed Maddy out of the car and walked into the house and set her down in her bed as she came out of Maddy’s room she met Nick in the hallway.

“Well Darren is down” Rayna didn’t respond,” Earth to Rayna” Nick waved his hand in front of her face

“Sorry”

“Deep in thought?”

“I saw this car parked across the street and I know the neighbors are gone I guess I am just being overly paranoid as usual”

“I wouldn’t worry too much about it maybe someone was lost. There is a million different reasons as to why that car was right there.”

“Yeah you’re probably right.”

“How about we go and watch a movie or something until the kids wake up?”

“Sure” they walked into the living room and sat down on the couch, ”So what do you want to watch?” Nick shrugged his shoulders.

“I don’t know I am down for anything really.” Rayna turned on the TV as Rayna flipped through the channels she noticed Nick kept starring at her every time she’d look back at the TV.

“What are you starring at?” she laughed,” Is there something on my face”

“No”

“Well then what is it?”

“Nothing, I was just going to say if you wanted to come and cuddle with me you can. I am sure I am more comfortable than the couch.” Rayna smiled, he was right she missed him more than he could ever imagine. She missed his smile, his goofiness, and most of all her best friend. Rayna scooted over to Nick and nuzzled into Nick’s chest like she used too while they watched TV. Nick wrapped his arm around Rayna and smiled.

“There isn’t a whole lot on” Rayna said as she tossed the remote to Nick,” You find something.” Nick picked up the remote and starting flipping through channels and saw one of Rayna’s favorite movies “A Walk to Remember”.

“I love this movie. I haven’t seen it in so long,”

…………

The movie was over and Nick looked down at Rayna who was fast asleep. He carefully got up and grabbed the throw blanket that was on the back end of the couch and covered Rayna with it leaning down and giving her a quick kiss on the forehead but it woke her up.

“Did I fall asleep?” she asked.

“Yeah, you must have been tired its not often you fall asleep to one of your favorite movies.” He smiled.

“I guess so,” Rayna looked at the time,” Wow, I am surprised the kids have slept so long. You need to take them to the park a lot more often.” She chuckled.

“Yes ma’am” they both went silent just looking at each other trying to find something to talk about.

“Hey Nick”

“Hm”

“I just wanted to say these past couple of months have been so amazing and the way you have been with the kids and letting me have some space. I’d like to invite you back into the room.” Nick kissed Rayna without any hesitation. Rayna kissed back wrapping her arms around Nick’s neck She missed this, he missed this, hell they missed each other. Each kiss got more intense. Rayna climbed up onto Nick’s lap now straddling him

“Let’s take this to the bedroom.” Nick suggested as he picked up Rayna but before that could happen a car pulled up into the driveway. It was Hunter and Olivia coming home from their play date, ”Dammit!” Nick exclaimed,” Just when things were about to start getting really hot,” Rayna let out a smirk.

“I will take care of it tonight.” She said letting out a smile while getting off his lap.

“Are you sure it isn’t bedtime yet?” he laughed as he looked down at his watch.

“You can wait just a few hours.” Rayna adjusted her clothes and then sat down next to Nick. Hunter and Olivia soon came walking in through the door.

“How was Rachel and David’s?”

“Good…can we go out and play please mom?”

“Sure I guess just go and get some play clothes on” Hunter and Olivia got their play clothes on and ran outside.

“You know those two are something else.” Nick stated.

“Yeah I know.” Nick and Rayna once again sat on the couch watching a little TV when Nick turned to Rayna.

“Hey Ray?”

“Hm?”

“I love you”

“I love you too Nick”