- Text Size +
A week turned into a month. A month turned into three months. Nick finally found a nanny. The kid’s had a hard time adjusting to her since it wasn’t their mother. They missed her. He missed her. He moved the kids back to their Tennessee home just before another leg of the In A World Like This Tour began. Their management wanted to call it off but he didn’t want to disappoint his fans. They mean the world to him. As Nick brought his bags downstairs he saw the kids standing in the hallway by the door. Hunter was carrying Darren while Olivia held Lorelei and Maddy was in between.

“Dad, can we please come with you this time?” Hunter asked. Nick sighed as he set his bags down.

“I am sorry son. Not this tour. We will be traveling overseas and to a lot of different countries. Plus you still have school” Nick paused for a few seconds,” But our summer tour will be happening and I promise you can come with me the entire summer” he responded.

“But dad we don’t like the nanny. We want someone else,” Olivia whined.

“Sweetie, there isn’t much I can do right now,” he stated as he knelt down to their eye level,” Look; I know she isn’t your mother. No one can ever replace her. I know you all miss her and I miss her too. I can’t bring her back. We just have to move on” he said,” It’s been hard and nothing is going to get easier. It may get harder for all of us. I promise I will be home soon.” He wanted to take the kids so desperately, but he knew he couldn’t. With going to a few different countries and trying to keep tabs on five children and a nanny was going to be difficult enough.

“Why do the other kids get to go?”

“None of the other kids are going on this tour either. This isn’t open for a discussion Hunter.”

“It’s just that we are going to miss you dad”

“I know son. I will miss all of you too” Nick brought all the kids in for a group hug.” Promise me one thing and behave for Anita. She really likes you guys. I am sure if you just give her a chance you will like her I promise. If you guys can do this as soon as I get home we will go on a family trip someone just me and you guys and no nanny”

“Ok dad.” Nick heard a honk outside.

“Well that’s my ride kids. I love you and I will call every day. We will Skype every chance I can. Leighanne is going to come and check on things once a week or so. Just remember I do have eyes and ears all over this house so I will know everything that goes on around here. Give me one last hug” Nick pulled everyone in for one last group hug. Nick pulled away from the hug as the car honked once more. Nick grabbed his bags and out the door he went. This tour was going to be the hardest tour for him he has never left the kids with someone he didn’t know. He was confident he had made the right choice for their nanny. He put his bags into the trunk and climbed into the car. As he got settled he rolled down his window and saw the kids and Anita standing in the doorway. “I love you guys. See you real soon.” Nick waved out the window as the car drove off. He was going to miss them. This was not going to be easy on him nor would it be easy on the kids either