- Text Size +
After a long day of television shows and programs Brian decided to pop in on Nick. Brian was quite worried about him since he wasn’t showing up for any of the interviews. He walked up to his room. He opened the door he figured he probably should have knocked but Nick always seems to leave his door unlocked anyway. When he walked into his room he saw a trail of clothes leading into the master suite. Brian knew what this had meant and sighed. He opened the door. He saw Nick on top of a woman defiantly a side he didn’t want to see. Nick turned around with a look of complete horror and shock.

“Rok, what are you doing here?” Nick said quickly as he wrapped a sheet around himself.

“Coming to see why you weren’t at any of the interviews, but I can clearly see why” Brian hinted,” But we do need to talk”

“Dude, can’t you see I am a little busy?” he nudged his head towards the woman next to him.

“Yes I can certainly see this, but she needs to go now”

“She can stay” Nick retorted. Brian walked out of the room went and picked up all of the mysterious woman’s clothes and walked back into the bedroom and threw them onto the bed.

“She needs to go now!” he raised his voice slightly. The woman quickly grabbed her clothes and got quickly dressed.

“Call me!” she exclaimed as she left the room. Nick was left there butt naked and unhappy.

“Dude, what is up your ass? Couldn’t you see I was busy doing my thing?”

“Yes, I saw and I certainly hope I never see your “thing” again. I am worried about you”

“I am fine,” Nick responded.

“Clearly you are not”

“Why do you care?” Nick shot back as he got out of bed with his sheet.

“Cause you are my family Nick, my brother, my band mate, and best friend.”

“Funny how this whole family thing seems to work these days”

“Look,” Brian paused,” We all understand she is gone Nick. We are all still married and its hard. Leighanne says you haven’t called the kids in almost a week. They miss you Nick.”

“You don’t know shit Rok. You don’t know a fucking thing about what is going on right now,” Nick lashed out at Brian.

“I do understand. You don’t seem to get it Nick. A part of you is gone. You know it may never be replaced, and for the love of God please just put some fucking clothes on”

“She will never be replaced. She was my soul mate” Nick said as he put on a pair of shorts.

“The simple fact is you are showing up late to sound checks, and not coming to interviews. We are tired of making excuses for you. You need help” “No I don’t!” Nick replied. “Nick would you please quit being so fucking stubborn” Brian yelled,” You have been on this path of self-destruction for months now and you don’t even realize you are on one.”

“Bri, I don’t know what you are talking about,” Nick lied. He was caught and he knew it, but he didn’t want to admit to his wrong doings. He knew if he admitted he had another problem it meant he failed again. This was something he didn’t like dealing with.

“I am calling bullshit Nick. I see right through you Nick. I know you better than anyone in this fucking group. I know when you have been doing drugs. I know when you have been drinking too much. I know every fucking thing.” Brian snapped at Nick,” You hide your empty bottles in the cabinets and under the bed. You always put your stash by your bedside table. So don’t tell me you aren’t doing anything wrong. I have known for months. I have snuck into your room and I have seen everything Nick. I am not stupid and you cannot fool me. You may have been able to fool everyone else in the group and the fans but not me. I am the only one willing to admit that you have a fucking problem.” Brian was furious. He let out all of his anger he has been feeling towards Nick for the last few months now,” Do you have anything to say?’

“You are completely right,” Nick sighed, “I was ok at first and then it just got out of hand again,”

“We can get you help Nick you know this right?”

“I know,” he replied,” I just don’t want to let any of the fans down”

“I think they will understand. I think they would rather see you alive than dead. After all you are the favorite of all the girls,” Brian smiled,” We can get you the help for your depression, and drinking. All you have to do is say yes and it’s a done deal” Nick thought to himself for a few moments.

“ I don’t want to go Bri.” Nick said as he shook his head.

“Suit yourself Nick. I really thought I knew you, but lately I don’t even know who the hell you are anymore. The offer is still on the table if you ever want it” Brian walked out of the hotel room feeling a little disappointed. He really hoped the talk with Nick would snap him out of his funk. He had a feeling something bad was going to happen. All he wanted to do was look out for his friend. You can only help those who want to be helped.