- Text Size +
Nick awoke in an unfamiliar place. His eyes were heavy and he couldn’t move. He looked to his right and he saw an empty chair. He looked to his left and saw a machine. Beep, Beep, beep.

“Am I dead?” he questioned to himself. He was scared. He didn’t know what was going on. He tried to talk but couldn’t. He then realized that maybe something was wrong with him. He tried to remember what had happened the previous night, but couldn’t. He closed his eyes again and when he opened them he saw her. He saw Rayna. Confused for a moment he blinked and there she was again. She had a little blond hair girl with her about the same age as Madison.

“Rayna?” he questioned.

“It’s me Nick.”

“Am I dead?” he asked her.

“No,” she replied.

“Then what is going on?”

“I was sent here to tell you don’t worry about anything. Don’t worry about me. I am ok and so is Melissa. We are just fine Nick. There is no need to worry anymore. You have our children to take care of now. Please go and get some help.” She said.

“I am sorry for everything” he apologized.

“Nick, please there is no need to apologize now. Just promise me you will get some help and take care of the other children. They need you more than ever now Nick. It was hard enough for them losing me and I couldn’t bare to see them to lose you. You get yourself some help and I will do the rest.” She explained.

“I love you so much Ray.”

“I love you too Nick."

Nick suddenly woke up.

“It was all a dream.” he whispered and saw Brian come walking into his room and sit down in the chair next to his bed.

“Good to see you awake bro. You had us all scared to death! I thought you were done with this? I thought you could do this on your own?”

“I am done”

“Nick do you even know what happened last night?” Nick shook his head,” You overdosed last night and you had been drinking. Your blood alcohol level was through the roof Nick. The doctors are amazed you are even alive.” He stated,” This ends now Nick. If you can’t seem to get yourself straight we are done. We can’t bear to see you like this any longer,” Nick was stubborn he knew there was a problem, but didnt want to admit to himself.

“I know,” he said,” I know” he repeated,” I’ll stop”

“You didn’t answer me though. Do you remember what happened last night? I know you shook your head but you have to possibly remember something”

“All I remember was going out with a girl. I think I went home last night and went to bed?”

“The story I was told were you brought her home. Hunter found you this morning to tell you that Lorelei and Darren were awake. When you didn’t respond he saw you weren’t breathing and called 911. Your so called “girl” is currently sitting in the next room currently recovering from an overdose as well. If Hunter hadn’t found you; you would have been dead. Is this what you wanted Nick? Did you think if you destructed enough you would be with Rayna?”

“That isn’t fair to say Brian,”

“That is all you seem to think about. I know I sound like a freaking broken record but we understand Nick. I thought when we had this talk a month ago that maybe it got through to you, but evidently it didn’t. We have decided to postponed the summer tour by a month until you can get well.”

“Rok, there is no need to do that. I can get better by then I promise,” he pleaded.

“It has already been done Nick. There is no longer a choice in this. The other guys agreed.

“I am not a child Brian”

“Well this isn’t open for a discussion. Rochelle is gonna take care of the kids with the help of Anita: Nick was upset. This was his fault he knew if he had just taken the help the first time he wouldn’t be in this mess.

“Fine,” he said,” How long will I be gone and do the fans know?”

“Sixty days and all they know is a family emergency popped up. As far as the girl knows she got another story. We are really tired of covering your ass”

“I am sorry” he apologized,” I am sorry for everything. I let it get out of hand again another one of my famous fuck ups”

“You are still grieving Nick. You never got a real chance to do so. All we did was tour we should have postponed that tour as well”

“We were just doing our job Rok”

“We need a vacation. How about after this tour we all take a much needed family vacation.” Nick smiled.

“I like that idea very much”

“I am sorry I can’t stay though. I have to get back home. I will be back later to come and pick you up and take you to rehab later this evening. "Brian leaned in and gave Nick a hug.

“Thanks bro, you know for always having my back even though I am a stubborn pain in the ass most of the time.”

“You’re welcome Frack” Brian smiled. Nick watched Brian walk out of the room. He couldn’t believe he had gotten himself into another mess. He was just thankful that he was saved once more. He vowed to himself he would stay away from it all. No more drinking, drugs or going out. He was just going to focus on the group and his children.