- Text Size +
Nick pulled up to the cemetery where Rayna was laid to rest. It was the one year anniversary of her death. Nick stepped out of the car with a bouquet of red roses in one hand. As he walked up to her headstone an overabundance of sadness came over him. He hadn’t been there in such a long time. He moved the kids to a new home to start over. He wanted to make new memories without dwelling on the old ones so much. It was hard for the kids. Nick made the best decision he possibly could. When he got closer he noticed fans that lived nearby also paid their respects by leaving flowers and cards. A smile came across his face. He bent down and added his bouquet to the collection.

“Hey Ray,” he began,” Sorry it has been so long since I have been around. Things have been kind of crazy,” he spoke softly,” The kids and I miss you so much. They are adjusting the best that they can. Hunter and Olivia are doing well in their new school. All those lessons you gave to Maddy have paid off. Her pre-school teacher is quite impressed.” Nick sat on the ground with his knees in front of him,” Darren is going well too. He talks about you all the time. He certainly misses you,” Nick paused or a moment,” I have seen better days. My therapist says I have a long road ahead of myself but I should be back to normal soon. I am finally starting to sleep at night so I guess that’s a good sign.” Nick was lost for words,” I also went to Emelyn’s trail a few weeks ago. She pled out an insanity deal so he only got 20 years with the possibility of parole in 12 years. I thought it was kind of bullshit but I couldn’t do anything about it. The DEA said they had a feeling she was going to do it.” Nick pondered for a few moments trying to think of any new news,” Oh, Leighanne and Brian had two healthy babies a couple of months ago. They were kind of early I guess. They had one boy and one girl Eli and Eden. Brian calls me every night to complain. I find it quite amusing,” he chuckled and then looked at his watch.” I am sorry this was so short Ray,” he said getting up,” Anita is probably wondering where I am, and don’t worry she is just the nanny. The kids still don’t like her so she probably won’t last long anyhow.” After pausing for a few more moments tears started to roll down his cheek,” I just want you to know that we miss you very much and that I love you and will always love you,” Nick kissed her headstone and started heading back towards the car. A sudden gust of wind picked up. He took it as he was feeling Rayna’s presence. Nick smiled knowing that Rayna was still very much alive in his memories and in his heart. She left a permanent stain in his mind that would never go away.

Chapter End Notes:
I just want to say thanks for who has read this story. I have another sequel lined up for these series hoping to have it out within the next week or so!