- Text Size +
Nick woke up in his own bed for the first time in months while he was glad to be home it felt strange all at the same time. He had gotten in late the night before due to some heavy storms over the Midwest. He decided to get out of bed and see where everyone was he missed his family. He rolled out of bed and rubbed his eyes getting all of the sleepy gunk out of them and put on some pajama bottoms. He walked down the hall in search for Rayna and the kids. He walked into the kitchen and everyone was eating breakfast,

“Dad!” Hunter exclaimed “You’re home!” he said running over and giving his dad a hug.

“Will you be home for a while this time?” Olivia asked Nick walked over to Olivia and kissed her cheek.

“Yes a few weeks this time then off to London, but we don’t have to talk about that right now all the matters is that I am home and I missed you guys!” Nick walked over to Rayna and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

“I figured you would have slept in. You had a long flight”

“Not tired and plus I missed all of you. It’s been a long tour and it is about to get even longer.”

“I know” Rayna sighed how was she going to handle yet another tour and time away from the family? She felt like she was a single parent again. As much as she loved Nick it was hard going through this again like she did with John but the kids adored Nick and she was determined to make it work this time.

“I promise this time will be different Rayna.” Rayna raised one eye brow in curiosity,” I will tell you after the kids head to summer school that’s if mommy decides to let them play hooky” Hunter and Olivia looked at Rayna with puppy dog faces.

“Not today kids’ daddy needs some rest but how about tomorrow?”

“But mom it’s just summer school its boring” Hunter whined.

“Come on Ray its only one day and plus it’s just summer school how exciting can it possibly be?” All the kids including Nick was giving the puppy face now.” Rayna smiled.

“Alright so what do you want to do today?”

“Zoo!” Maddy exclaimed,” I want to see the animals!”

“I want to go to the lake. Dad you promised you would teach me how to fish this summer.” Hunter said.

“Ok, that sounds like a good idea why don’t you and your sister go and get dressed for a day at the lake and I will help your mother get these two little monsters cleaned up” Hunter and Olivia got up from the table and put their bowls into the sink and off they went to get dressed. Nick grabbed Darren and started to wipe him down with a wash cloth making him giggle uncontrollably, ”I think you got more on you than in you little dude,” Nick handed Darren off to Rayna,” Hey dear I have an idea I’d like to run by you” Rayna laughed.

“What is it this time?”

“Well, I was thinking since I am going to be home for a few weeks maybe we should go on a vacation or something. I know the kids are in summer school to keep them from getting too bored but what do you think?”

“What do you have in mind?” She said as she walked down the hall to Darren’s room to get him dressed.

“Disney world or something, we could rent a beach house along the coast we would be by my parents I think it would be good for the kids they could fish, play in the sand, play in the water. Hell we could do whatever we wanted really, and if we were to ever become bored we could go somewhere else. I just want to be able to enjoy my time with you and the kids before I have to go to London,”

“I like the sound of that idea best idea you have had yet.”

“Other than marrying me?” Rayna laughed.

“I would have married you regardless Mr. Carter I love you. But I think I have a little idea of my own. Why not call up the guys and see what they are doing. I know you guys just spent all that time together on tour but it wouldn't hurt to get all the families together either or maybe just an end of the summer barbecue or something in Florida if they can’t make it.”

“I will call but I am pretty sure they all have plans, but it’s a great idea. I guess I should get dressed I don’t think fishing in my pajamas is acceptable” Rayna giggled.

“I wouldn't mind it but I think the kids would well I will finish getting Maddy dressed and then I will start packing. I love you I am glad you are home Nick.”

“Love you too” Nick gave Rayna a kiss and walked out of Darren’s room and back down the hall to his room to get dressed. He walked into the closet and started getting dressed when his phone rang and without looking at who was calling he answered it, ”Hello?” he kind of panicked when he realized who was on the other end of the line,” We can’t talk. No! I told you not to call me that was never supposed to have happened. I am sorry but I have to go, and don’t call me again,” he hung up the phone as Rayna walked into the room.

“Who was on the phone?”

“Nobody important.”

“It sounded like it was kind of important too many wild and crazy after parties in Europe?” she joked as she was getting some clothes out of the closet.

“I don’t feel like talking about it” Nick hurried up and threw some clothes on and walked out of the room. Rayna couldn’t help but feel like Nick was hiding something pretty big from her.

Chapter End Notes:
Sorry this took a while to get out!!! Enjoy don't forget to review! :)