- Text Size +
After a long day out at the lake all the kids were tired and all fast asleep by 7pm. This meant Nick and Rayna could finally have some much needed alone time.

“Well Darren is asleep I think we are finally alone” Nick said plopping down onto the couch next to Rayna.

“He usually takes he longest! Maybe you should not go to London and stay here” she joked.

“Or you could come with us?” Nick suggested. Rayna looked at Nick and sighed.

“Nick you know I don’t like traveling with the kids not after the disaster of them putting us on the wrong plane with four kids and then trying to figure out how the hell we got onto the wrong plane in the first place. Not going to happen Nick, and plus it will already be crowded with AJ, Brian, Howie and Kevin there adding me and four kids would make it unbearable.”

“I was only meaning for a few days.”

“I know Nick I will think about it but I can’t promise you anything.”

“Hell have mom watch them you know she’ll give any excuse to get away from Florida especially if it’s to see the kids”

“I know Nick but I don’t want to feel like such a burden” Nick took Rayna’s hand and looked straight into her eyes.

“You will never be a burden to anyone Ray you just have to quit believing that you are. I love you with everything that I am and my family adores you and the kids don’t ever feel like you are a burden to me or them because you’re not.” Nick kissed Rayna.

“I understand that Nick but it’s kind of hard to get over how she treated me in the past I know we have been married for almost two years now but it still hurts very much”

“How about we not talk about that anymore,” Nick smiled and winked.

“I know you just got home in all but I am too tired how about a rein check for tomorrow?”

“Alright, but if you tell me no I just might have to get you anyway,” he laughed, Rayna giggled.

“Psh!” she said making a hang gesture,” You can think that all you want Mr. Carter. Well I think I am going to hit the bed honey you coming?” she said getting up from the couch.

“Nah, I am not tired yet I think I will work on some stuff before we go to London.”

“Ok. Love you don’t stay up too late” Rayna leaned down and gave him a kiss.

“Love you too.” He watched Rayna walk down the hall and then into their bedroom. He couldn’t help but feel lonely. They haven’t seen or touched each other in almost three months and she just blows him off? It frustrated him he felt like she was just pushing him away. Nick got up from the couch turning the TV off in the process and walked down to his office and sat down in his chair he picked up a picture of them all together. He loved them all so much but why was Rayna pushing him away? Something was just off. Nick logged onto his computer and checked his email as he scrolled through them he came across a name he didn’t recognize so he decided to open it.

I miss you…why haven’t you been answering my emails? You said you would call me and you never did. I am worried that you didn’t mean all the stuff you said to me the other evening. You said you loved me. Please write me back. Xoxo

-Cassandra

“Who in the hell is Cassandra and how in the hell did she get this email address?” he thought to himself,” I must have done some pretty stupid shit that I can’t seem to remember.” He thought once more,” Whatever I have done this isn’t looking good.” He sat in his chair starring at his email reading email after email from Cassandra trying to figure out what exactly happened over there in Europe during the NKOTBSB Tour and then it started all coming back to him. It all started after Darren’s birthday party when Rayna was giving him such a hard time, but all he remembered was having a coke did someone drug him or did he actually have a drink? Everything was still quite fuzzy to him and such a blur but he knew Rayna could not find out.

Chapter End Notes:
Enjoy!