- Text Size +
It was just a week before they headed to London to start working on their new album. Nick did just as Brian had told him to do. He went and got a new cell phone had told everyone he had just lost it and didn’t want to take any chances for someone to find it who knows what a fan would do if they got a hold of it. He also changed his email it was just time to put everything behind him he wanted Rayna he wanted to be with her the rest of his life it was just a terrible mistake and he wishes he could take it back every day. Nick often had troubles sleeping since he got home he didn’t know if it was just the guilt he was hanging onto or some sort of a long jet lag but it was defiantly affecting his ability to concentrate or do anything especially with the kids and Rayna. He found himself hiding in his office depressed and crying which was something completely out of his character for him. He thought maybe he should just tell Rayna and get it over with but it would probably just make him worse since he knew she would just pack up and leave and then he would be all alone again. Rayna started to notice the change in Nick’s behavior lately and after she had put Darren and Maddy down for a nap she decided to have a talk with him. She walked into his office and saw him working on something quite intently he didn’t even notice she walked into the room. She walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Penny for your thoughts,” she smiled as she kissed his cheek.

“Just working on something” he responded

“All I see is a blank piece of paper,” she giggled.

“I know I can’t seem to write it all down too many thoughts going through my head I guess,” Rayna turned Nick’s chair around and sat in his lap.

“Can we talk?”

“I guess since I can’t seem to write anything down and all I have is a blank piece of paper in front of me,”

“You ok?”

“She’s onto me, what do I say?,” he thought ,” Yeah I am fine.”

“You sure babe? You have been acting weird lately you’ve been up all hours of the night you can’t seem to ever sleep I am worried about you and so are the kids.”

“I just have a lot on my mind with the new album and then the tour in such,” he lied.

“You have been doing tours and albums long before the kids and I ever came along what is so different now?” Nick looked at Rayna and his eyes started to fill up with tears,” I have to tell her this is just eating me up inside, but I know I can’t,” he thought,” What’s wrong?” she ran her fingers though his hair.

“I just missed you guys so much I can’t stand not being away from you its hard being away for so long, and now that I am home it feels different and I don’t know what to do,” he lied again the more he lied the more guilt just overwhelmed him.

“Why not just ask the guys for a little more time off?”

“We have deadlines and such and with 2013 coming up we have a specific release date and then with our 20yr reunion coming up as well and then being on tour for minimum of a year and a half cause this is going to be one hell of a world tour we are planning out its going to be long and I am just stressed and worried.” He said.

“Look I understand I am worry if I haven’t been more supportive of just been a tee total bitch lately but we all missed you just as much and I know it hasn’t been easy but I promise I will try and make an effort to come and bring the kids out more and Skype more so you can see them. We both have things we have to work on. I love you.”

“Love you too. I know we can work on his. I just have to get my head out of my ass how about we take that vacation to Florida or maybe I can bring mom up and WE can just go on one by ourselves and have a few days alone?” Rayna smiled.

“I like the sound of that idea.”

“Good cause I wasn’t going to take no for an answer. Was going to surprise you she should be here later this afternoon.”

“I figured you had something going on you aren’t very sneaky Mr. Carter” Nick smiled

“I know I am terrible.”

“I better go and get some cleaning done before the two little monsters get up from their naps” Rayna said getting up from his lap,” Love you.” She said leaning down and giving Nick a kiss.

“Love you too,” He watched Rayna walk out the door. He was looking forward to some alone time with Rayna maybe they could “reconnect” and maybe everything would just disappear or would it?

Chapter End Notes:
I hoped you enjoy the big update...more to come soon! Please don't forget to review! :)