- Text Size +
One night after a day of recording Nick decided to go out for a while Leighanne, Leigh, and Kristen decided to come out for a day or two and surprise Kevin, Brian and Howie and AJ was busy skyping with Rochelle about baby names and nursery styles for their upcoming little girl due in November. He couldn’t talk to Rayna cause she was busy with the kids. So he strolled through the streets of London for a bit and then came across a club so he went in and sat down at the bar.

“What can I get you?” the bartender asked.

“A beer I guess I really shouldn’t be here” he stated. The bartender handed him his beer.

“You are that Backstreet Boy aren’t you? I saw you guys on the news” Nick took a sip of his cold beer

“Yeap that’s me”

“It must be hard being away from your family”

“I deal with it I guess.” He said,” I have been doing this for almost twenty years now and it hasn’t gotten any easier being away from family."

“I don’t see how you famous people do it I don’t think I could”

“Dude, some days I don’t know why I am still here myself,” Nick said

“It was nice talking to you for a little bit but my boss will get after me if I don’t tend to these other people wanting drinks come back anytime” Nick sat at the bar for a little while longer and decided to get up and sit at a nearby table. He watched people dance he wished Rayna was here he missed her he missed the kids. He hoped that she would come and visit like she said she would even though they have only been in London for a little over a month it felt like an eternity to him.

“Well hello there. I didn’t expect to see you here,” the red headed woman said as she sat next to Nick.

“Emelyn what are you doing here?” Nick was surprised to see her he certainly wasn’t expecting to see her. He hadn’t talked to her since he had decided to recommit himself to Rayna.

“I am on vacation well….sorta I knew you guys were going to be here recording so I decided to take a vacation …well an extended leave so to speak.”

“So you are stalking me?”

“No nothing like that silly. I missed you and you obviously changed your email and phone number I didn’t really have any other choice than to hunt you down.”

“I am pretty sure that is stalking Em” Nick was hoping to get her off his back but all those feelings of them being together having someone close to him when he was away on tour or recording. He knew he had to hold them back history could not absolutely not repeat itself.

“Look I know you are a creature of habit Nick. I am not stupid all the Backstreet wives came to visit except yours. I am like the secret service Nick I know everything and I knew you would be lonely and needed some company. So do you want to get out of here or not?” the little voice in Nick’s head was screaming at the top of his lungs not to go but she was right he was lonely and he wanted companionship he wanted someone to hold he missed that,” Hello earth to Mr. Carter.” He waved her hand in front of his face

“Uh yeah why don’t we. I am sure you know I don’t have my own room right now so your room?”

“Well Mr. Carter why not get straight to the point what do you think I am some sex machine “she giggled.

“Maybe” he flirted back and there went the little voice in his head again but he refused to listen to it once more he was only thinking with his penis at this point in time.

………….

Later on that night Nick and Emelyn were in bed cuddling and watching a movie when his phone rang. It was Brian.

“Hello?”

“Hey man just wondering where you are didn’t see you when I got home from dinner we brought you back something figured you were hungry.”

“Who is that Nicky?” Nick looked at Emelyn and glared at her.

“Who is that? I know that isn’t Rayna”

“Its no one Bri. I didn’t do anything stupid”

“I am totally calling bullshit Nick. I told you not to do this again it would be a mistake. Get back here right now” Brian said angrily Nick knew he was thoroughly pissed off because Brian hardly ever swore unless he was super mad.

“You are not my guardian anymore Brian I am a grown man.” He shot back.

“Yeah a grown man who will lose everything they have get to get a piece of ass yes that sounds like a grown man to me. Now either you get back here or I will get Rayna on the phone”

“You wouldn’t”

“You bet your ass I would and if I didn’t I am sure the other four guys here will be gladly to oblige. I suggest you get back here right now.” Brian hung up on Nick. Nick turned to Emelyn he was mad as well.

“Why in the fuck did you do that for?”

“Do what?”

“You know what Em…oh who is that Nicky knowing exactly who might be on the other line. Are you trying to get me into trouble? “

“The way I see it Nick if you obviously loved your wife you would not have come back to my hotel room. How about I make it up to you.” She said kissing his neck.

“No, I have to go this was a mistake Em I am sorry” he said getting out of bed and getting dressed.

“Nick if you leave you will regret it”

“Don’t you threaten me Em. This cannot go on anymore I wasn’t thinking and you took advantage of me and we had history from the last tour you dooped me like anyone would ever believe you anyway.”

“Fine go but you better watch what you do Nick you wouldn’t want your wifey to find out.” Nick grabbed his coat and walked out the door. Little did he know that would be the biggest mistake of his life.