- Text Size +
Since all the kids were now in school with the exception of Darren and little Ava, Rayna and the girls decided to have lunch together at a local restaurant since the guys decided to continue recording their newest album in Los Angeles so no one had to travel any longer especially since Leigh and Kristen will be expecting new bundles of joy in 2013.

“So is Nick adjusting to being back home yet?” Leigh asked. Rayna hesitated for a second.

“Sorta…something is off though it’s like all the sudden he is hiding something”

“Its Nick… you never know with that man.”

“Oh, I know that but its just not the same right nw. I figured he would be happy to be home with me and the kids after that huge argument about six months ago well I told you all about it but now I just don’t know maybe I am being paranoid.” Rayna has always been paranoid because of what she had to go through in the past with her ex it always crossed her mind every once in a while especially when Nick was starting to act weird she always had to reassure herself at times and tell herself that some days Nick just wanted to keep his privacy regardless who if it was her.

“Well whatever he has been hiding it has upset Brian too” Leighanne stated taking a bite of her salad. All the girls looked at Leighanne with confused looks on their faces.

“What has Brian been doing?” Kristen asked.

“He just has been angry especially with Nick and he is hardly ever just angry at anything or anybody unless they have just really pissed him off” “Come to think of it that night in London was weird,” Leigh said.” Remember girls they sent us to take the kids to ice cream at like 9 o’clock that evening even though the kids had to be in bed.” Kristen and Leighanne nodded their heads in agreement. ,p> “Well I was with AJ on Skype but he did have to go rather quickly when all the guys got home”

“Ok, you guys are really starting to freak me out,” Rayna said setting her fork down onto the table.

“Its probably nothing other than a coincidence,” Leighanne said.

“it all makes since Leigh. I mean he has been acting weird, we rarely are intimate anymore and when we are its just a rollover he is going to sleep situation no cuddle time or anything, and all he does is keeps to himself. I hate it,” Rayna sighed.” I am not hungry anymore you guys want to get out of here?” My treat since we didn’t get to finish” Rayna said getting out her wallet.

“No need,” Kristen said.” Can we please get some to go bags and a check please?”

“Sure thing” the waitress said seconds later the waitress came back with bags and the check the girls wasn’t going to let Rayna pay for the whole bill so they split it straight down the middle.

“So where do you want to go?”

“Maybe just back to my house? Kids will be home soon I would have suggested the park but I think Ava is much too young to play on the swings” Rayna chuckled.

“Alright, how about we pick up kids and meet you there?” Leigh said as she grabbed her bag.

“Sounds good” as all the ladies started to get up Rayna was approached by a young woman.

“Excuse me miss you but are you Rayna Carter?”

“Yes, may I help you?”

“You don’t know me but I was hired by someone to give this to you. I am really sorry to disrupt you” She handed Rayna an envelope and then walked off.

“What the hell was that all about?” Rochelle asked.

“I don’t know but I am almost afraid to open this” Rayna said.

“Lets go back to your house and do it there.”

……….

Rayna got home and set the mysterious envelope on the coffee table in front of her and waited for the other girls to arrive. Rayna was nervous about what was in the envelope has all her suspicions been confirmed? Or is it divorce papers or pictures all she knew was she was scared she certainly didn’t want to accept anything that was contained in that envelope.

“Have you opened it up yet?” Rochelle asked as she walked into the house carrying Ava.

“No”

“The other girls will be in, in just a sec” seconds later everyone came through the door Leighanne even picked up Hunter and Olivia for Rayna.

“Baylee keep them kids entertained for a little while please”

“Mom, I am almost an adult”

“Go! You are nowhere near 18” she said pointing towards the playroom” Baylee rolled his eyes and took the younger kids down the hall to the playroom.

“So what’s in it?” Kristen asked Rayna shrugged her shoulders.

“She hasn’t opened it yet” Rochelle answered.

“Give it here and I will” Leighanne grabbed the envelope from the coffee table and ripped it open and saw the pictures of when Nick leaving with Emelyn from the bar and then walking into the hotel and there was also a note.

“It’s my worst fear isn’t it?” Rayna asked. Leighanne nodded,” Let me see them.” Rayna grabbed the photos and saw all the pictures of them together holding hands, and even one where he was giving her a kiss and then the last two photos were the worst there was a picture of them going into a hotel and then last but not least a picture of an ultrasound. Rayna just broke down and started to cry,” How could he do this to me?” she questioned,” He promised he would never do this to me and I had a feeling but I didn’t want to believe it and not only did he cheat, but he got that whore pregnant too,” the girls were shocked.

“You don’t know if its his Ray she could just be hoping for a huge payout or something.” Leigh said.

“Doesn’t matter he still cheated” she sobbed.

“What does the note say,” Kristen asked. Rayna picked up the little yellow piece of paper.

I am sorry to tell you this but Nick and I have been seeing each other off and on for the last year or so. This was the only way I could prove it to you so that you would believe me he is cheating, and now I am happily pregnant with his child you probably don’t believe me but once this child is born I will prove that too.

“Oh Ray I am so sorry,” Kristen said pulling Rayna into a hug,” Is there anything we can do? You want us to kick his ass?” Rayna couldn’t say anything at all, all she could do was cry. Her worst fear had come true.

“No, I just want to be alone. I need to figure out what I need to do”

“Well if you need a place to stay you are welcome to stay with Bri and I, but I am going to text him cause it sounds like all the guys had a hand in covering this up and I bet it started with that night in London.” Leighanne said digging out her phone and quickly texting Brian,” Bay, we need to go and bring the other kids with you” Leighanne yelled down the hall.”Please call me if you need anything”

“I will.” The girls got the kids all ready to go.

“No matter what may happen Ray we will always be here for you, you are a permanent member of our family” Kristen said.

“Thanks girls, sorry this day turned out so shitty”’

“No need to apologize Nick’s the prick in this whole situation. You two will sort it out I am sure but please call if you need anything.” After everyone left Rayna just sat there and cried on the couch. It was hard enough with two kids and now there were four to take care of.

………

Meanwhile at the studio Brian’s phone started to buzz he looked at it with a message from Leighanne.

Brian, we need to talk about this chick Nick is sleeping with on the side Rayna got a bunch of pictures today from some random woman. You need to get home now!

Brian sighed.

“This can’t be good” Brian walked over to the rest of the guys who were sitting on the couch,” Hey guys we may want to call it a day.” Brian said.

“Why?” Nick asked

“I am sorry to have to tell you this but uh the cat is out of the bag. We are in trouble.”

Chapter End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed the chapter!! Dont forget to R&R!