- Text Size +
Maddie woke up from her nap. She noticed that she was the only one home. She wondered where Danny was. He was there when she had fallen asleep. She got up and made her way into the kitchen. She saw a note on the counter. It was from Danny and he was at the studio. He was the manager of The Backstreet Boys and they had a new record coming out soon. She was to come down when she woke up. She got ready and got in her car. She called Danny as she made her way there. Danny let everyone know she was on her way since he was throwing her a surprise birthday party. The guests hid and the rest of the guys acted like they were practicing. Danny saw her car pull up.
"Everyone get ready!!!!!" Danny yelled. She walked through the door.
"Hey." She said as she walked in the door. Everyone jumped out from their hiding places.
"Surprise!" Everyone shouted and came out of hiding.
"Thanks everyone," Maddie said. She looked around to see if she saw Erin. She looked at the time. She remember that Erin was probably still at her meeting. About ten minutes later, Erin arrived with a birthday present.
"Sorry I am late. The meeting at work went a little longer than expected." Erin said.
"It's fine. I figured that was where you were." Maddie said. She noticed that Aj kept eyeing Erin. Erin walked over to put her present on the table. Aj walked over to Danny.
"Who is that?" Aj asked pointing at Erin.
"That is Maddie's best friend Erin." Danny said.
"How come I have never seen her before?" Aj asked.
"Well, she is in college during the day. At night, she works at one of the Burlesque clubs. She is pretty busy." Danny said.
"Wonder if she dances at the Burlesque clubs?" Aj asked.
"Yea, I think so. I think at the one she works at though they just sing and dance. She works at one like the movie Burlesque with Cher." Danny said.
"You'll have to introduce me." Aj said as Maddie and Erin walked over.
"Aj, I don’t think you have met my BFF Erin." Maddie said introducing them. Aj reached out his hand.
"Hello," He said as Erin extended her hand.
"Hello," Erin said as her face got red.
"How come we have never met?" Aj asked even though Danny just told him.
"She is SUPER busy with work and school. I hardly ever see her." Maddie answered for Erin.
"Well, here in a couple months I will be finished with school. So I will have more time." Erin replied.
"I know. I'm just giving you a hard time." Maddie said and laughed.
"What are you going to school for?" Aj asked.
"I am studying to be a pediatrician. That is my major but I am minoring in psychology." Erin said.
"That is awesome." Aj said. Nick brought out the cake. Everyone started to sing to Maddie. Everyone ate cake as Maddie opened her gifts. After she finished opening them, she went over and talked to Erin.
"I think Aj likes you." Maddie said.
"You think so?" Erin asked hoping she was right.
"Yeah, he keeps staring at you and he was trying to get you to talk with him earlier." Maddie said.
"He was trying to be friendly. If he was truly interested, he would have asked for my number." Erin said.
"The day is not over yet." Maddie said.
"Wonder if he would care that I am a Burlesque dancer?" Erin asked.
"I doubt it. He will understand that is what you had to do to put yourself through school. Besides, you guys just sing and dance. It isn't like some of the others where they take off some clothes." Maddie said as Erin's phone rang. Erin looked at it and it was work.
"It's the club. They probably want me to come in early." Erin said as she went to answer it. She came back a few minutes later.
"Well, what did they want?" Maddie asked.
"It looks like I am going to be the main singer from now on. Bridgett just walked out." Erin said.
"Well, that is good news for you. It may mean a pay raise. Do you know her part though?" Maddie asked.
"Yeah, they have had me learn it just in case she was sick or something." Erin said.
"That is great for you though. I will talk Danny into coming down and we will watch you tonight. What time does the show start again?" Maddie asked.
"It starts at 8 pm with a few different acts. I will be on around 8:45ish with a few different numbers." Erin said.
"Well, I will see you later then. Maybe I can get Aj to come." Maddie said. Erin blushed and smiled.
"Well, I am going to go head to the club and get ready. Happy birthday again, sorry I had to cut our time short. I will see you later tonight." Erin said.
"It's fine. I will see you later." Maddie said as Erin headed out the door. Aj and Danny walked over to Maddie right after.
"Erin didn’t stay very long. Is everything ok?" Danny asked.
"Yea, the club called and the main singer/dancer quit and she is now the lead person. She went to go get ready and prepare a little before the show. I told her we would come down and watch her tonight." Maddie said.
"Sounds good," Danny said.
"I wonder if she would mind if I came too." Aj said.
"I doubt it. She has had a crush on you forever. She thinks that her profession is a deal breaker for guys." Maddie said.
"Well, I was interested in her before Danny told me what she does." Aj said.
"I told her that you were interested in her. She didn’t believe me." Maddie said. They finished at the party and went home and got ready to head over to the club. Erin had seats saved for them in the front row.
"I am surprised she had three seats saved. She must have known you would have wanted to come." Maddie said.
"I bet she wasn’t sure if he would. She probably did it just in case." Danny said. The show started with a few different little acts. Before they knew it, it was time for Erin to come out on stage.
"I hope she isn't too nervous." Maddie said. Before they saw Erin, they heard music playing and some signing before the curtain rose. There she was standing in the middle of the stage. She had red lingerie on. It covered a little more than some do.
"She looks hot." Aj said. She was on stage for over an hour. The show ended and they waited for Erin outside. Erin came out a few minutes later.
"You did great!!!!" Maddie said.
"You looked good out there." Aj said.
"Thanks," Erin said as her face got as red as her hair. They talked for a few minutes and left.