- Text Size +
Before Erin knew it, it was the day the guys arrived home. She knew she wasn’t able to see Aj that night because they were going to get home late. She got ready and made her way to work. She walked in and put her stuff in her dressing room. She changed into her practice clothes and came back out to the stage. She started the music and started practicing and not paying attention to what was going on around her. She went to grab her water bottle and notice Aj was sitting in the front row watching her. Erin jumped off the stage and smiled at him.
"I was wondering how long it was going to take you to notice I was here." Aj said.
"Sorry, I was just in the zone to practice." Erin said.
"Our flight got moved to an earlier time. So, we made it home early." Aj said.
"I am glad the flight changed," Erin said and kissed him.
"Danny is pretty shaken up about Maddie leaving." Aj said.
"She mentioned something to me before she left and I don’t know what to do." Erin said.
"What did she say?" AJ said.
"I guess why she left is because she is pregnant. I don’t know if I should tell Danny. I don’t want her mad at me." Erin said.
"It sounds like she put you in a hard spot." Aj said.
"That is what I said. I told her I am not good with secrets. Danny should know but she says she is going to tell him. I just hope she does not do something stupid. She also said that some girl messaged her saying she was messing with him." Erin said.
"I am sure that she will tell him when she is ready. Nick was supposed to tell her that was him playing a joke pretending to be a girl. We told him it wasn’t funny." Aj said.
"I hope so. I know her hormones are acting crazy now but she make a comment at me. I don’t know what has got into her." Erin said.
"What did she say?" AJ said.
"She told me not to get to close to you with the way your bad boy reputation is." Erin said.
"If you were any other girl, I would say she was right. But there is something about you that I love. You’re the first girl that I want to slow down with and be serious about." Aj said and smiled.
"That is what Jason said. He said he could tell that you were different." Erin said.
"See, Maddie just isn't thinking." Aj said.
"You look exhausted." Erin said.
"I am. We didn’t get much sleep." AJ said.
"Why don’t you go home and rest?" Erin said.
"That sounds nice; will you come over after you get off work?" Aj asked.
"I know you are tired. I don’t want to bother you while you are resting." Erin said.
"I can take a little nap before you come over." Aj said.
"Only if you are sure you want me to come over," Erin said.
"Today is the first day in like four days I have seen my girlfriend. Yes, I am sure." Aj said. Erin smiled at him.
"Alright, I will be over after I get done." Erin said. Aj gave her the code to get in his house. "I will get my stuff after wards and come over. I will need to get my clothes for the party tomorrow."
"Sounds good," Aj said. Erin noticed someone walking over to them.
"Shit," Erin said. Aj looked over to what Erin was looking at.
"What?" Aj asked.
"This is my ex. I wonder what he is doing here." Erin said. Mark walked over to where they were.
"Hey," Mark said.
"What do you want Mark?" Erin said.
"I was just stopping by to see how everything was." Mark said.
"Everything is fine. It is actually better since you are gone." Erin said.
"I was just curious if maybe we could get back together." Mark said.
"Are you for real right now? I am standing here with my new boyfriend. So, what does that tell you?" Erin asked.
"Yeah, that’s what I figured." Mark said.
"You can leave now." Erin said. Mark started to walk out the door.
"Hey," Aj said. Mark looked back at him. "I would advise you to leave her alone."
"Be good to her. She is amazing woman. It just took me a while to realize it." Mark said.
"Don’t worry, I intend on treating her like she deserves. She deserves to be treated like a queen." Aj said.
"Thanks," Erin said.
"No problem. Are you ok?" Aj asked.
"I am fine. I am so over him. Like as soon as it ended. I am with someone better. And that is all that matters." Erin said.
"You are very right." Aj said and kissed her.
"Well, I will let you get a nap. I will be over after work." Erin said and smiled at him.
"I can't wait." Aj said and smiled at him.
"Thanks again." Erin said.
"What for," Aj said.
"Just taking it slow, "Erin said. Aj nodded his head and walked out the door.
"I think he is a keeper," Tiffany said walking over to Erin.
"I think you are right," Erin said smiling at her.
"I am glad that you have found someone who is going to treat you right," Tiffany said.
"I am glad too. Just after everything that happened with my parents and with Mark, I thought I would spend forever alone. The shocking thing is he wants to take it slow. He wants to wait for us to do anything." Erin said.
"That means he just really likes you and respects you. Some things are worth waiting for." Tiffany said.
"How are things with Jason?" Erin asked.
"They are great. I am glad you had us dance at the bachelor party." Tiffany said.
"No problem," Erin said. They made their way back up on the stage and started practicing. After they finished practicing, they made their way into the changing rooms. The show started and Erin made her way out a little bit later. After the show was over, she headed back to the dressing room. She grabbed her things and headed to her apartment. She walked in and Jason was on the couch.
"Hey, how was work?" Jason asked.
"It was good. Aj's flight got changed so he surprised me at work." Erin said.
"That’s cool. Do you mind if Tiffany comes over?" Jason asked.
"I was actually going over to Aj's. So, you two have fun." Erin said.
"We will and you have fun." Jason said. Erin smiled at him and went into her bedroom. She grabbed some things and walked back out.
"Have a good evening." Erin said.
"I will. Have a good night." Jason said. Erin headed out the door and got in her car. She made her way over to Aj's house. She pulled in and got out of the car. She entered the code that Aj had given her. She walked into the living room where Aj was sitting on the couch.
"Hey baby," AJ said.
"Hey," Erin said as she sat down next to him on the couch.
"I am glad you are here," Aj said.
"Did you have a nice nap?" Erin asked.
"It would have been better if you were here," Aj said.
"Well, I am here now." Erin said. "Do you mind if I go change into my pj's?"
"Nope, make yourself comfortable as possible." Aj said. Erin walked into the bedroom and sat her stuff on the floor. She pulled out her pj's and went in to the bathroom and changed. She walked back out to the living room where Aj was.
"What did you have in mind for this evening?" Erin asked.
"Well, I was thinking of watching some movies and ordering some pizza." Aj said.
"Sounds like a plan to me." Erin said.
"What movie you want to watch?" Aj said.
"Have you watched any of the Tyler Perry movies?" Erin asked.
"I have them but haven't watched them." Aj said.
"Well, we need to watch them. We need to start with Diary of a mad black woman." Erin said.
"While you put the movie in I am going to order the pizza. What you do want on it." Aj asked.
"It doesn’t matter to me." Erin said. Aj ordered the pizza and Erin started the movie. Aj sat on the couch and Erin sat down next to him. The pizza arrived a little later and they ate.
"This is a good movie." Aj said.
"I love them," Erin said. Aj put in Madea's Witness Protection program.
"I can't believe I haven't watched it until now." Aj said.
"Well, at least you are watching them now." Erin said as she leaned over and put her head on his shoulder.
"Can I ask you a question?" Aj asked.
"What is it?" Erin asked.
"You seemed upset a little earlier when your ex came to see you. Do you want to go back with him?" Aj asked. Erin leaned up straddle his lap facing him.
"AJ, I want you to listen to me. I want to be with you and only you. I am still a hurt from him. I will not lie to you about that. I was hurt very badly from him cheating with my close friend. Since I have been with you that hurt has started to go away. You already have treated me so much better than he did the entire relationship." Erin said.
"You deserve better and I just want you to know that." Aj said.
"Thank you. That means so much to me." Erin said.
"And I do want to tell you that I can tell you are different than the rest of the girls I have dated. I just want to thank you for liking me for me and not after my money." Aj said.
"Not a problem. You deserve someone who will love you for you." Erin said.
"So do you. And we have found each other." Aj said Erin smiled and yawned shortly after. Aj picked her up and headed to the bedroom. "Let's get to bed and get some rest."