- Text Size +
They walked back in the house. Aj looked at the time. They walked into the living room.
"Well, we still have time before you head to work." AJ said.
"Any thoughts on what we should do?" Erin asked.
"I was thinking of maybe relaxing in the hot tub for a bit." Aj said.
"That sounds like a good idea." Erin said.
"Do you need something to wear?" Aj asked.
"I actually brought a bathing suit just in case." Erin said.
"Came prepared huh?" Aj said.
"I figured I would leave it here if I ever wanted to swim." Erin said. They walked up the stairs.
"You can change in the bathroom and I'll change out here." Aj said. Erin got her stuff and went and changed. She walked in and changed and came out a couple minutes later. Aj was on his phone. He hung up a couple minutes later.
"Is everything alright?" Erin asked.
"That was Danny. Maddie and Danny want to stop by and hang for a bit. They can hang out in the hot tub. Is that alright?" Aj asked.
"Yea that is fine. I need some time with Maddie anyway. This works out anyway; I can spend time with you and her at the same time." Erin said.
"Sounds like a plan to me." Aj said. They walked down to the hot tub and got in.
"Aj, can I ask you something?" Erin said.
"Sure," AJ said.
"What cause you to start drinking?" Erin asked.
"I got depressed after my dad left my mom. The girl I was dating at the time had convinced me that it was my fault. She would tell me a bunch of different things to keep me down. She told me this so she could try to spend my money. I had later learned that he had found another woman and it wasn’t either mine or my mom's fault." Aj said.
"Wow. She sounds like she would be good with my ex."Erin said.
"But the damage of the drinking was done and I was hooked. It took me forever to get sober and want to get better." Aj said.
"Well, at least you did." Erin said.
"I knew that there was someone out there who was going to be the right one for me. I just I just had to find her. When I saw you at Maddie's party, I knew it was you." Aj said.
"I just want you to know that I'm not after you for your money. I actually like you for you and you are different than the rest of the guys." Erin said.
"I know you aren't. I think we fit perfect together." Aj said.
"I think you are right. I love that view from the window. I think I may end up sitting there and reading." Erin said point over to the window. There was a bench attached to the window.
"Well, if I can't find you in the house I will look there." Aj said. Maddie and Danny walked in a few minutes later.
"Hey Mad's," Erin said.
"Hey Erin," Maddie said. Maddie and Danny got undressed into their bathing suits. They got in the hot tub.
"Well, I am going to have the baby." Maddie said.
"I am excited to be Aunt Erin," Erin said.
"Just think Erin can be your baby's pediatrician." AJ said.
"I never thought of that. I totally can be and you will get an awesome discount." Erin said.
"I did not think about that either."Maddie said.
"Sometimes it pays to know people." Danny said and smiled.
"Like you dating Maddie and her knowing Erin. And now we are together." Aj said and smiled
"Glad I could be matchmaker." Maddie said and smiled back.
"I am glad you did too," Erin said.
"I almost forgot to tell you. We have decided to get married." Danny said.
"Erin, will you be my maid of honor?" Maddie asked.
"Of course I will. Besides, I'm always the bride's maid and never the bride" Erin said and laughed.
"One day you'll be there," Aj said and winked.
"Will you be my best man?" Danny asked.
"Sure," Aj said. They talked for a little bit. Maddie and Danny left and Erin looked at her phone.
"Well, I better get ready to head to work since it is five fifteen." Erin said. She went up to Aj's room and got ready. Aj used the shower by the hot tub. He walked in to the house. Erin was finishing getting ready.
"Hope you have a fun evening at work." Aj said leaning in a kissing her.
"We always have fun at work." Erin said. Erin grabbed her purse and headed out the door. She got in her car and headed to the club. She parked and headed inside. She walked inside and saw her ex best friend sitting at the table.
"What are you doing here?" Erin asked.
"Well, I wanted to come tell you that I was sorry for what happened between us. Mark and I split up a couple months ago." Beth said.
"That would explain why he came here trying to get me back. Why did you guys break up?" Erin said.
"I found out he was cheating on me." Beth said.
"Well, it could not have happened to better people." Erin said with a smirk.
"I know I deserve that. I just wanted to say I was sorry." Beth said.
"I am over it. But I just want you to know, that we will never be friends again. I can't trust you and I am in a good relationship now. There will be nothing that will come between him and me." Erin said.
"I heard you were dating Aj from the backstreet boys?" Beth said.
"What's it to you?" Erin said.
"It doesn’t matter really." Beth said.
"Well, then it is on a need to know basis. And frankly, you don’t need to know because you are not going to go after another boyfriend of mine." Erin said. Aj walked in a couple minutes later.
"Hey, you forgot your cell." Aj said handing it to her.
"Thanks." Erin said smiling at Aj.
"Who is your friend?" Aj asked.
"She is not my friend and she was just leaving." Erin said. Beth walked out the doors.
"What was that about?" Aj asked.
"She used to be my friend. She was the one that was messing around with my ex behind my back." Erin said.
"What did she want?" Aj said.
"She wanted to tell me that they broke up. It was true that he cheated on her, which explains why he was here the other day. I told her we couldn’t ever be friends again because I can't trust her. I told her that there was no way I was letting her around you." Erin said.
"You wouldn’t have to worry about me around her." Aj said hugging Erin.
"I know but it is her I don’t trust. She did it to me once and I believe that she would try to come after you." Erin said.
"I hate seeing you upset like this." Aj said.
"I just wish they would have never stopped by. I am in a good place with you now. I don’t want anything to come to change that." Erin said.
"Nothing will change that." AJ said and kissed her. Erin smiled at him.
"Well, I better get back to work." Erin said.
"Have a good night at work." Aj said.
"Mind if I come over after work?" Erin said.
"I was hoping you would." Aj said.
"I will see you later then." Erin said. Aj winked at her and walked out the door. Tiffany walked up behind Erin.
"I think he is a keeper." Tiffany said.
"I think I have to agree with you." Erin said.
"I am really happy that you found him." Tiffany said.
"I thought for the longest time that I wouldn’t be happy again." Erin said.
"I thought I saw Beth leaving as I walked in." Tiffany said.
"That you did," Erin said.
"What did she want?" Tiffany asked.
"She wanted to tell me that that Mark was cheating on her and she wanted to try to be friends again." Erin said.
"Well, I guess karma came to visit her. What did you tell her?" Tiffany said.
"I told her that we would never be friends again. Also, I told her that there was no way I was letting her around Aj. I told her I did not trust her and will never trust her." Erin said.
"I agree with you on that. I see the way Aj looks at you so she could try something but there is no way he would hurt you. Jason said the other day that he can see you two getting married." Tiffany said.
"Well, Aj did mention that after Maddie said her and Danny were getting married. I just hope that this isn't too good to be true. I am ready for my happy ending. "Erin said. They went and got ready for the show.
"You will get your happy ending. Sometimes it takes a little longer," Tiffany said.