- Text Size +
They guys headed in the restaurant and got a table and they ordered food. The drinks arrived a couple minutes later.
"So, How long have you two been dating?" Pat asked.
"About a month or so," Aj said.
"That is cool," Pat said.
"She is actually perfect for him." Nick said and smiled.
"It is amazing when we find one isn't it?" Pat said.
"It sure is," Aj said. Their food arrived a few minutes later. They ate and talked. They paid and headed to the club. They parked and headed inside. They were met by Andrew.
"Hey guys," Andrew said.
"Hey Andrew," Aj said.
"You guys can have the same place you did last time. They are just finishing up practicing." Andrew said.
"Thanks," Nick said. They headed up to the seats. Before the guys new it, they were getting whistled at by the girls. They looked over at them. Erin walked over to where they were.
"Hey," Erin said.
"Hey," they said at the same time.
"Pat and the guys said they never been to a show," Aj said.
"Wow, you are in for a treat tonight then." Erin said.
"I am excited to watch," Pat said.
"Well, we are finishing up. I am just going to sing a song and then the show will start soon." Erin said.
"I will see you after," Aj said and kissed her. Erin walked back to the stage. The guys sat down and got comfortable. Erin turned on the music. One of her favorite country songs was just starting. She started to sing Baggage Claim by Miranda Lambert.
"Wow, she can really sing." Pat said.
"Wait till you see the show," Howie said.
"No kidding, she is really hot in the show." Nick said. AJ turned and looked at him.
"Watch it," Aj said.
"Sorry," Nick said and laughed. Erin finished the song and headed backstage. She stopped at the bar on her way back. A couple minutes later, the guy walked over to the guys.
"Erin said for me to get you guys whatever you guys wanted." Trevor said.
"I will have a soda," Aj said. The rest of the guys ordered what they wanted to drink.
"All you are having is soda?" Pat asked.
"I have been sober for about five years." Aj said.
"Well it is good that you are clean," Pat said. The show started a couple minutes later.
"There are some acts before Erin." Howie said. They watched the acts. There was an intermission.
"This is Erin's part," Aj said. Erin started singing and the curtains opened. Erin and the girls started dancing and singing.
"This is incredible." Pat said. Aj looked over and smiled at him.
"No kidding," Nick said. They finished watching the show. The curtain went down. Everyone one started clapping. Erin walked up to where the guys were a few minutes later.
"Well, what did you think?" Erin asked.
"I loved it," Pat said.
"I am glad," Erin said.
"You were great," Aj said.
"Thanks." Erin said. "I am going to change. I will meet you at your house."
"Alright see you then." AJ said and kissed her. Erin walked back stage and got dressed. The guys headed out the door. As Erin walked out to her car, she paid for the guys drinks. She headed to her house to get some clothes. She walked in the door.
"Hey Erin," Jason said.
"Hey," Erin said.
"What are you up too," Jason asked.
"I am going to go over to Aj's," Erin said.
"Do you mind if I go with you?" Jason asked.
"Not at all, is something wrong?" Erin asked.
"Tiffany isn't able to come over tonight. So, I don’t want to be here alone." Jason said.
"Sure," Erin said as her phone went off. She looked down and it was text from Maddie. She opened it. Maddie had texted her that the wedding would be the following weekend on Sunday.
"Maddie's wedding is next Sunday." Erin said. "You and Tiffany are invited."
"Alright," Jason said grabbing his things. They headed over to Aj's after Erin gathered her things.
"Are you alright?" Jason asked.
"I'm just having one of those days where I miss mom, dad and Stephanie. It upsets me even more because I think of how I was supposed to be with them." Erin said.
"You know how they say everything happens for a reason?" Jason said.
"Yeah," Erin replied.
"You weren't with them because you needed to be here with me." Jason said. Erin smiled at him.
"I guess you are right," Erin said.
"I know I am right," Jason said.
"Well, it was so hard for me to make sure that you stayed with me." Erin said.
"Speaking of which, I want to give you this for taking care of me." Jason said with some money in his hand. Erin glanced over at him.
"Where did you get this?" Erin asked.
"It is some of my military money. I want to repay you for working, going to school and taking care of me," Jason said.
"Jason, I can't take this." Erin said.
"Please take it for me? And besides I know you could use it," Jason said.
"If you insist," Erin said.
"Thanks," Jason said as he put it in her purse pocket. He saw a tear roll down Erin's face. "Erin, don’t cry."
"You really don’t have to do that." Erin said.
"I know I don’t but I want too," Jason said as they pulled into Aj's house. Erin parked and headed inside.
"Hey," Aj said.
"Hey, Hope you don’t mind Jason came along with me. He didn’t want to spend the evening at my apartment alone," Erin said.
"That is cool, I don’t mind," Aj said.
"I am going to go put my stuff in your room." Erin said. She walked down the hallway.
"Has she been crying?" Aj asked.
"Yea, I gave her some money on the way here. I told her that I knew she could use it. I told her I wanted her to have it because she took care of me after our parents died and she worked and went to school." Jason said.
"That was nice of you," Aj said.
"I know I don’t show her enough how grateful I am that she took care of me. I just wanted to give something back to her." Jason said.
"I think she knows that you appreciate her." Aj said. Erin walked back out a few minutes later.
"What is on the agenda tonight?" Erin asked.
"How about we order a pizza and watch a movie?" Jason asked.
"That sounds like a good idea," Erin said. Aj ordered a pizza and they watched a movie. They talked for a while and headed to bed. Erin went over to give Jason a hug.
"Jason, you can sleep in the guest room." Aj said.
"Thanks and see you in the morning." Jason said. Erin and Aj walked into the bedroom. Erin went in and changed her clothes. She came back out and started to get in bed. Aj followed behind her a few minutes later.
"I heard that Jason gave you some money and you didn’t want to take it." Aj said pulling the covers over them.
"I wish he wouldn’t have. I just did what any sibling would have done. I didn’t want to have him go to a foster home. So, I did what it took to make sure he stayed with me." Erin said rolling over facing him.
"This is his way of showing you he appreciates you." Aj said.
"I know," Erin said.
"He just knows how hard it was for you to put yourself in school, work, and take care of him. He just wanted to repay you somehow." Aj said.
"Yea, I think mom and dad would have been proud of how far we have come." Erin said with a tear rolling down her face. Aj wiped it off her face.
"They would have been." Aj said. They fell asleep a few minutes later. Aj woke up before Erin. He rolled over and just watched Erin sleep. He thought about how he wanted to wake up to her every morning. He got up and went to make breakfast. Jason came down in the kitchen a few minutes later.