- Text Size +
When Erin woke up the next morning, she noticed she was in Aj's bed. She rolled over and noticed she was in his bed alone. She realized that Aj was a true gentleman and didn’t sleep in the bed with her. She wondered where he had slept. Before she got up, she heard the bedroom door open. Aj walked in with a tray of food.
"Good morning beautiful," Aj said setting next to her on the bed.
"Good morning," Erin replied smiling at him.
"How did you sleep?" Aj asked pulling the food over to her.
"Wonderful but it would have been better with one thing." Erin said as she started to eat.
"What would that be?" Aj asked.
"You have been next to me." Erin said and smiled.
"I will remember that next time. Will you do one thing for me?" Aj asked.
"Sure," Erin said.
"Whenever you are ready, let me know when you are ready and do stuff." Aj said with his face getting a little red.
"I will," Erin said.
"Since it is Saturday, what are your plans for today?" Aj asked.
"Well, I work later tonight. After that is one of my friends Bachelorette party. Maddie, some girlfriends and I wanted to take her out to dance." Erin said.
"Sounds like fun." Aj said.
"We usually have a bunch of fun when we hang out. What are your plans today?" Erin said.
"We have an interview for the Howard Stern show later this evening." Aj said as Aj's house phone rang. Aj answered and handed it over to Erin.
"Who is it?" Erin asked.
"It's Maddie." Aj said. Erin talked with Maddie for a few minutes.
"She wants me to come over to her house. She wants me to come over as soon as possible. She said I could shower there." Erin said a little confused. Erin gathered her things and Aj and Erin made their way over to Maddie's house. Aj and Erin walked in Maddie and Danny's house.
"I am here. What is so important?" Erin asked.
"It is a surprise. Go get ready and you will find out in about twenty minutes." Maddie said. Erin looked a little confused. Erin went to go get ready.
"What is going on?" Aj asked.
"Erin's brother called me last night and he is coming home from his tour in Iraq. He wanted to surprise her and called me. "Maddie said.
"She is going to start crying." Danny said.
"He has been gone for a long time." Maddie said.
"Five years, right?" Aj asked.
"Yeah, she worries that something is going to happen to him while he is on duty." Maddie said.
"I can't say that I blame her considering everything that has happened to her family." Aj said. They talked for a few minutes. Erin walked back out after a couple more minutes.
"I am so glad I have some clothes here." Erin said as the door bell rang. Danny went to go answer the door. Danny and Jason walked in to the living room. Erin blinked a couple times to make sure what she was seeing was real. Erin looked over at Maddie. Maddie smiled at Erin. Erin ran over to Jason and hugged him. Within a few minutes, Erin started to cry.
"See, I told you she was going to start crying." Danny said.
"I can't believe you are home." Erin said as she went over and hugged him.
"Well, I knew I was coming home soon. I knew last night one hundred percent it was going to be today. So, I called Maddie last night because I wanted to surprise you." Jason said.
"Well, I am glad you didn’t tell her a long time ago. It would have been so hard for her to keep it secret." Erin said.
"You know me to well." Maddie said and smiled. Jason looked over at Aj.
"Aren't you one of the Backstreet Boys?" Jason asked. Aj shook his head yes.
"I was so excited that you were home I forgot to introduce you. Jason this is my boyfriend Aj. Aj this is my brother Jason." Erin said. They shook hands.
"How long have you two been dating?" Jason asked.
"Since yesterday," Aj said.
"I am happy for you Erin. You deserve to be happy. You have always made everyone was cared for before yourself." Jason said. Erin smiled at him.
"Are you home for good or do you have to go back?" Erin asked hoping he didn’t have to go.
"As far as I know I am home for good." Jason said. Erin, Jason and Aj left and headed to Erin's house. They got in Erin's car.
"I can't believe that you surprised me like that." Erin said.
"I just wanted to be sure before I called Maddie. I didn’t want to get your hopes up until I was sure." Jason said.
"Do you want to come to the show tonight?" Erin asked.
"Since you are going out for your friend's wedding tomorrow, he can come with us to the show and we can have some guy time."Aj said.
"What show do you guys have tonight?" Jason asked.
"We are doing the Howard Stern show." Aj said.
"I love Howard Stern. I will come to your show tomorrow, I promise. But I really want to go to the Howard Stern show." Jason said.
"Its fine," Erin said as Aj's phone rang. He answered and came back.
"I have to meet the guys at the studio about finishing touches on our next album. I will pick you up about 6:30 for the show." Aj said.
"I will bring him to the club with me. That way I can see you before you go." Erin said.
"I like the way you think," Aj said. He walked over and gave her a kiss. Aj left and Jason and Erin started talking.
"I like him." Jason said.
"I hope you would. I think this one is going to be different." Erin said.
"I hope it is. You deserve to be happy and to settle down with someone. You did so much for me after mom, dad and Allison died. It's time for someone to return the favor and take care of you." Jason.
"I had to take care of you. I wasn’t going to lose you either. We had to stay together. I wasn’t going to let you go to a foster home." Erin said.
"I don’t think I have ever thanked you for that." Jason said. He hugged Erin. They talked the rest of the day. They got ready and headed over to the club at six. Erin and Jason walked into the club.
"Jason!" Tiffany said. She ran over and hugged him. "When did you get back from your tour?"
"This morning," Jason said.
"Are you staying for the show tonight?" she asked.
"No I am going with Erin's boyfriend to one of his interviews tonight. I will be at the show tomorrow, though." Jason said. Aj walked in and walked over to Erin. He leaned in and kissed her.
"Hey beautiful," he said.
"You are so sweet." Erin replied. Aj and Jason left and got in Aj's car. Aj pulled out of the club and headed over to the show for the interview.
"I just want to say that I can tell Erin really likes you." Jason said.
"I know I have only known her for a couple days but I really like her." Aj said.
"She isn't like most girls. She is very independent and when she loves, she loves with everything she has. She is girly at times and other times she gets down and dirty with the guys." Jason said.
"I could tell she was different than other girls. Most girls come up to the guys and me instantly. They are just after us for our money or fame. Erin didn’t come up to me right away at Maddie's party the other day." Aj said.
"Erin could care less about money. She is more of the hopeless romantic. She would rather get a text saying you were thinking of her then buying her some expensive necklace. She would rather have a night in than go out to a fancy dinner. She wants the gifts to come from the heart and not because you think you have to." Jason said.
"Thanks for the tips," Aj said pulling in to the Howard Stern lot.
"Promise one thing to me," Jason said. "Just don’t hurt her. She hasn’t had the best of luck with guys."
"I will guarantee that," Aj said. They got out of the car and headed inside. The rest of the guys were inside.
"Hey guys, this is Erin's brother Jason. He just got home this morning from his tour in Iraq." Aj said.
"Thanks for serving our country," Kevin said as he extended his hand. The radio interview started. Jason watched through the window. The interview lasted a couple hours. After it was over, the guys headed out to the parking lot. The guys went to get something to eat. They chatted for a while.
"I wonder what Erin is up to?" Jason said.
"She said something about one of her friends Bachelorette party is tonight." Aj said.
"We should go visit them. Maybe Erin has some single friends." Nick said. Aj called Erin.
"I get first dibs since I am her brother." Jason said. Aj called and asked which club they were going to be at.