- Text Size +
Chapter 6
Michelle's dad walked down hall to where the three girls were. Danny, Andrew Michael made their way to the altar. Andrew stood next to Michael and Danny stood next to Andrew. The girls made their way down the hall with Michelle's dad. Maddie stood in front of Erin. Erin got in front of Michelle. The music started to play and everyone stood up and turned around to the back of the church. Maddie started walking down the aisle. She made eye contact with Danny and smiled. Erin started walking a couple minutes later. She saw Jason, Aj and the rest of the guys and she smiled at them. She liked the way AJ looked in a suit. Aj smiled back at her. The bride walked out behind Erin a couple minutes later. All Aj could think about was how pretty Erin looked. The girls made it to their spots and the ceremony started. The preacher started the service and Michelle's dad gave his daughter away. Erin looked over at Aj during the service. She noticed he wasn’t even looking at the bride and he was looking at her. She smiled at him again. The bride and the groom said the I do's about twenty minutes later.
"I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Michael Jones," The preacher said. Michael leaned in and kissed Michelle. Everyone started clapping and the couple started walking down the aisle. Erin linked her arm with Andrew's and walked down the aisle. She smiled at Aj as she was walking. He smiled back at her and winked. Maddie linked her arm to Danny and they made their way down the aisle. The guests arrived at the reception hall about twenty minutes later. The bridal party was sitting at the main table. Aj, Jason, and the rest of the guys walked in. They walked over to the table. Erin stood up and hugged Aj.
"You look beautiful," Aj said.
"You do clean up pretty well," Jason said and laughed.
"Thanks," Erin said and leaned in to kiss Aj.
"You two are so cute," Michelle said.
"Thanks," Aj said. Michelle showed the guys where their table was. It was right next to the bridal table. As Erin turned to sit back down, Aj noticed a tattoo on her neck. It was a quote and it read "One step at a time." He never noticed it until now. He smiled and thought to himself that this was the first girl he was interested in that had a tattoo. As Michelle walked away, he noticed that she had the same tattoo on her neck. He figured it was something that was important to both of them. The guests arrived and they started to eat. After everyone finished, Andrew stood up and tapped his spoon to his glass. Everyone looked to him and he started his speech. After he finished, Erin stood up.
"Michelle and I have been friends since high school. We instantly became friends. Not long after that was a hard time for the both of us. With the help of Maddie, we learned to take things one step at a time. I just want to say thanks for being a friend and I am glad to have this experience with you and Maddie." Erin said. Michelle got up and hugged Erin and Maddie.
"Erin has a song picked out she wants to sing for you," Andrew said.
"Well; for those who don’t know Erin, she has a way of getting the party started," Michelle said and Erin smiled at her. Erin picked up the microphone and got up. She had picked the song one step at a time by Jordan Sparks. The music started and Erin started singing. The guests started clapping with the beat. Erin walked over and grabbed Michelle and Michael hands and got them dancing. Maddie and Danny followed right after. As she was signing, she walked over to Aj and grabbed his hand. She pulled him up and started to dance with him. The rest of the guests followed behind them. Erin finished the song and everyone started to clap.
"It is now time for the father daughter dance." Erin said. Her dad walked over and grabbed her hand. Erin went over to the table. She picked up her drink and took a sip. Aj walked up behind her and put his arm around her waist. He leaned in and kissed her on the check.
"Have I told you how amazing you look?" Aj said.
"Yes but I can hear it again." Erin said.
"You look amazing," he said.
"Thanks," Erin said turning around.
"I noticed the tattoo on the back of your neck earlier. I was going to ask you what it meant. "Aj said.
"Maddie and I helped her threw her parents' divorce and Maddie and Michelle helped me threw the accident," Erin said. Aj leaned in and kissed her again. It was time for the bride and groom to have their first official dance together. Every walked over to watch. After they finished, the DJ played music for everyone to dance to. There was a slow song for couples to dance too. Erin and Aj started to slow dance.
"I really love you in your suit," Erin said.
"I do look pretty good, huh?" Aj said. Erin shook her head yes. She looked over and noticed Jason was walking over.
"May I cut in?" Jason asked.
"Sure," Aj said. He walked over to the rest of the guys.
"Are you having fun?" Erin asked. Jason nodded his head yes.
"I don’t think I have ever really thanked you for everything you did after the accident. I know I was hard to handle after that, but you made sure that we stayed together." Jason said.
"I did what I had to do," Erin said.
"You didn’t have to," Jason said.
"Jason, there was no way that I was going to lose you too. You are my brother and I knew we had to stick together. Maddie and Michelle helped me through it." Erin said.
"Well, I appreciate it." Jason said and he leaned in and kissed her on the check. The song finished and they walked over to where Aj and the guys were.
"Well, what do you think of the wedding?" Erin asked.
"It was a nice service and reception," Howie said.
"You, Maddie and the bride looked very pretty," Kevin said.
"Thanks," Maddie said. Andrew walked over.
"Hey guys," Andrew said.
"Hey," Everyone said.
"Michelle is getting ready to throw the bouquet. So, she will need the ladies here," Andrew said. Erin and Maddie walked over to where Michelle was.
"Five bucks says Erin will catch it," Jason said.
"Why you say that?" Aj said.
"She always has that type of luck," Jason said. Michelle threw the bouquet. The girls were trying to get the flowers. A couple of minutes of trying, Erin walked out with the bouquet.
"Well, looks like Aj will be the next one to get married." Nick said and smirked.
"That is fine with me," Aj said.
"You really like her, don’t you?" Howie said.
"I do," Aj said as Erin walked up.
"Michael is going to throw the garter. So, you guys should go over." Maddie said. The guys headed over. Michael tossed the garter and Jason walked back with it. They talked and danced for a little bit. Everyone started to head out.
"Don’t you have to go to work soon?" Aj asked.
"Actually, I don’t. Andrew let me have the night off." Erin said.
"What are your plans for the rest of the day then?" AJ asked.
"I think it will involve spending the evening with some gorgeous guy with some tattoos," Erin said.
"This guy is a lucky guy," Aj said.
"I think I am the lucky one," Erin said and kissed him.
"You two are too cute together," Maddie said.
"We should have had them meet sooner," Danny said. They walked out to their cars.
"I will go home and change and I will be over," Erin said. Jason walked out a couple minutes later with Tiffany.
"Erin, you don’t mind if I go watch a movie with Tiffany do you?" Jason asked.
"I was actually going to go to AJ's anyways. Besides, we have plenty of time to hang out since you are home." Erin said. Jason and Tiffany left.
"I am going to head home and I will see you after you get your stuff," Aj said.
"Alright, I will see you here in a bit." Erin said. She walked over to her car and pulled out. Erin pulled in her apartment. She grabbed a book bag and put her stuff she needed in it. She picked up her school bag and headed out the door. She pulled into Aj's driveway and got out of the car. She grabbed her things and headed to the door. She rang the doorbell and waited. AJ walked up to the door within a few minutes. Erin walked in and they went into the living room.