- Text Size +
"Do you care if I put my stuff in your room?" Erin said.
"Sure, I will pick out a movie to watch." Aj said. Erin walked and put her stuff in the bedroom and walked back out.
"Don’t let me forget her in a bit to finish up my homework." Erin said.
"No problem," AJ said. The movie started and the two started to watch it. Aj leaned in a couple minutes later and kissed her. Erin leaned back on the couch and Aj leaned in over her. After a couple minutes, he leaned up.
"What is it?" Erin asked and she sat up.
"I just promised myself I would wait to do this with you. I want this between us to be different. I really like you and I don’t want you to think I am after you just for that," AJ said.
"I know you aren't with me just for that." Erin said.
"Let's just take it one step at a time," Aj said and smiled.
"Sounds like a plan to me," Erin said and smiled back. Aj leaned in a kissed her.
"We have to leave tomorrow evening for a couple shows and interviews in New York. We will be back late Friday. "Aj said.
"I will miss you," Erin said.
"I will miss you too but I will call you." Aj said.
"Will you stop by the club so I can say bye," Erin asked.
"I sure will," Aj asked.
"I am going to go grab my books." Erin said. As she got up, Aj's phone rang. He answered as Erin went to get her back pack. She walked into the bedroom. She grabbed her books and headed back out to the living room.
"That was my mom. My cousin is having her sixteenth birthday Saturday at noon. Would like to come?" Aj asked.
"I would love to meet your family. But what if your mom doesn’t like me?" Erin asked as she sat down on the couch.
"She will love you." Aj said.
"Are you sure?" Erin asked.
"Yes, I am sure." Aj said. "What are you studying?"
"We are studying personality disorders." Erin said.
"I bet Nick is in there somewhere," Aj said and laughed. They talked for a while as Erin worked on her homework. Aj went in the kitchen and cooked a late dinner. Erin walked in as soon as she was finished.
"That didn’t take long," Aj said.
"I love psychology and it comes natural to me. So it doesn’t take me long to do it." Erin said.
"I decided to make chicken parmesan to eat," Aj said.
"I love it," Erin said. They sat down at the table and started to eat.
"Besides listen to the BSB, what other music do you like?" Aj asked.
"I like pretty much everything but I really love country. Train is my favorite band of all time, though." Erin said. Aj smiled at Erin. "What was that look for?"
"I was just thinking of something your brother said." Aj replied.
"Oh god, did he threaten you?" Erin asked.
"Well not in those exact words. He said that you would rather hang with the guys. He was just telling me that you would rather have a dinner in than an expensive dinner out." Aj said.
"That is true, and what else did he say?" Erin asked.
"That you are very independent and when you love, you love hard and that you could care less about money." Aj said.
"I do love and love hard. Even though it always comes to bite me in the end, I give it everything I have." Erin said.
"Why do you say it comes back to bite you?" Aj asked.
"Everyone ends up leaving me. About two years ago, I was dating a guy for about five years. Little did I know, he was cheating with a girl from the club that I thought was a close friend. I caught them together at dinner while Maddie and I were eating," Erin said.
"Well, you are better off without them." Aj said finishing his food.
"You are right on that. I last heard that they weren't together anymore. He was caught cheating on her, I heard." Erin said as she finished her plate. She got up and put her plate in the sink.
"What are you doing?" Aj asked.
"I was going to do the dishes," Erin said.
"The dishes can wait. I just want to spend as much time with you since we will be out of town for a few days." Aj said coming up to her and leaning down and kissing her.
"I like that idea. What did you have in mind?" Erin asked.
"I was thinking of a little relaxation in the hot tub." Aj said.
"That sounds great. Lucky for you, I brought a suit with me." Erin said. They changed and made their way to the hot tub and they got in. Erin looked at the clock. "Is it really ten?"
"It sure is. The day has gone by quick. You did look beautiful in your bride's maid dress." Aj said.
"Thanks and you didn’t look to bad yourself." Erin said. "I just realized how hard it was for you at the wedding since there was alcohol there."
"I am not going to lie, it is very hard a times. I just take it one day at a time. I hurt a lot of people close to me with my drinking habits. I was dating someone when I was drinking and I didn’t like the way I was to her. However, she was the reason why I started drinking in the first place. It has been a long five years but it is well worth in the end." Aj said.
"If there is anything I can do to help just let me know." Erin said.
"Just being with me helps a lot. I know you won't let me go back to that. "Aj said. Erin smiled at him and her cell phone rang. She picked it up.
"It is Jason," Erin said. She answered it and talked to him for a few minutes. She hung up and placed her phone back down.
"Is everything ok?" AJ asked.
"He just wanted to tell me that he was going to bed and good night," Erin said. They talked for little bit longer. They got out and headed inside. They walked into Aj's bedroom and Aj grabbed a shirt and a pair of boxers.
"You can wear this," Aj said. Erin went in and changed. Aj changed to a pair of pajama pants while Erin was changing.
"I think I may swipe these and take this home with me." Erin said and smiled.
"They are all yours," Aj said. He started to walk out the door.
"You don’t have to sleep on the couch this time." Erin said.
"Are you sure?" Aj asked.
"If anyone should be on the couch, it should be me. This is your house." Erin said. He walked back in.
"I'm not letting you sleep on the couch," Aj said.
"And I am not letting you sleep on the couch." Erin said.
"Alright, it is a deal," Aj said. They got in bed and Aj turned out the light. Erin looked at the clock.
"I can't believe it is already eleven." Erin asked.
"It is hard to believe how fast today went. What time is your class? I will set the alarm." Aj said.
"It is from ten to one. So, I need up at eight fifteen to get ready." Erin said. Aj set the alarm and leaned in and kissed Erin.
"Goodnight beautiful," Aj said.
Goodnight," Erin said. Aj turned out the light and he leaned in and kissed her. They fell asleep. Erin rolled over the next morning and noticed she was alone. She heard the shower running and she rolled over to look at the clock. She noticed it was eight. She still had a little time to sleep but she decided to get up. She sat up and she heard the water stop in the bathroom. Aj walked out in a towel a couple minutes later. Erin smiled at him.
"Good morning," Erin said and raised an eyebrow.
"Morning, I didn’t think you would have been up yet. You were sleeping really well when I got up." Aj said.
"I just woke up," Erin said.
"Well, I forgot my clothes in here." Aj said.
"I am going to go ahead and take a shower and get ready," Erin said. She got up and took her bag into the bathroom. Aj couldn’t help but want her right now. It was all he could do to hold back. He changed really quickly before he changed his mind. Erin walked out a few minutes later. She noticed Aj wasn’t in the bedroom. She brushed her hair and walked downstairs. She heard a woman's voice downstairs. Aj looked over at her and smiled.
"Erin; this is my mom, Denise. Mom, this is Erin." AJ said. "She couldn’t wait till Saturday to meet you so she came bright and early today."
"Nice to meet you," Erin said and raised her hand. Denise shook her hand.
"It is nice to meet you too." Denise said.
"She brought some breakfast." Aj said.
"That’s great because I am starving." Erin said. They walked into the kitchen and sat down.
"Aj said you are going to school." Denise said.
"I am going to be a pediatrician and also have a degree in psychology." Erin said.
"That is awesome." Denise said.
"What else did he mention?" Erin asked.
"He was going to tell me what your job was but he figured he would wait." Denise said.
"I am a burlesque dancer. I work at one like the movie with Cher." Erin said. She hoped that that didn’t make Denise think less of her.
"That is so cool. I love that movie. I will have to come and watch a show sometime."Denise said.
"I was a little nervous about that. Some people think that it is like a strip joint. It is completely different. Yes, our clothes are skimpy at times but they still have everything covered up." Erin said.
"You should have been at the show the other night, mom. There was a guy coming on stage and grabbing her. She decked him right in the face." Aj said. They talked for a bit and finished eating. Erin looked at her watch and notice it was nine thirty.
"I am going to have to go." Erin said. Aj got up and kissed her.
"I will see you later tonight. I will stop by the club before we head out," Aj said.
"See you later and nice to meet you Denise." Erin said. She headed out the door.
"Well, what do you think?" AJ asked. He wasn’t sure what she was going to say.
"You want me to tell you the truth?" Denise asked.
"You hate her, don’t you?" Aj asked.
"She works, she puts herself through school and she eats. She seems down to earth. I can tell you really like her. She is different than the rest of the girls you have dated." Denise said. Aj smiled in relief.