- Text Size +
Erin made her way to class. She arrived with a few minutes to spare. She walked in and sat down. The class started a few minutes later. Erin tried her hardest to pay attention. She was writing notes down as the professor would speech. After an hour of class, the teacher let the class take a few minute break. The class started again. Before Erin knew it, the class was over. She got up and headed out to her car. She was looking down at her purse to get her keys. When she looked up, she noticed Aj standing next to her car. Erin smiled at him.
"Hey," Erin said and leaned in and kissed him.
"Hey," Aj said.
"I figured you would have been at work." Erin said.
"We just finished up. I wanted to see you before I went home to pack for the trip. And I couldn’t wait until later." Aj said.
"Well, I am glad you did." Erin said.
"My mom wanted to meet us for lunch." Aj said.
"I am hungry." Erin said.
"If you want, you can ride with me. I can bring you back after we eat to get your car." Aj said. They got in the car and headed to the restaurant. Aj parked and they walked in. They got a table. Denise walked in a few minutes later. She sat down and they ordered.
"I am glad you came to lunch, Erin." Denise said.
"I am glad you wanted me to come." Erin said.
"I think you are the first girl I really approve of. You are very down to earth and I love that you work and go to school." Denise said.
"My parents taught my brother, sister and I to be very independent. It wasn’t till after their accident that I knew if I wanted something, I had to work for it." Erin said.
"Your parents were in an accident?" Denise asked.
"My parents, my brother and sister were going to a play at school that they were both in. I was at dance practice and was coming as soon as it finished. A car hit their car at 70 miles an hour. My brother is the only one who survived the crash." Erin said.
"I am sorry to hear that," Denise said.
"I was seventeen when it happened. I raised my younger brother after that. When he turned eighteen, he went into the military. He just came home the other day for good." Erin said.
"Well, at least you have him and Aj now." Denise said.
"I agree with her," Aj said and smiled. They ate and talked for a little bit. They finished and Aj took Erin to get her car.
"I will see you in a bit before I leave," Aj said.
"If you want, have your mom come with you when stop by while we are practicing. She can stay and watch." Erin said.
"She will like that." Aj said. Erin leaned in and kissed Aj. She got out and headed home. She had almost two hours to do homework. She finished her homework and made her way to the club. The girls were on stage listening to the radio. She walked in and sat her stuff down. It was a song by the Backstreet Boys. The girls got up and started dancing and singing. Aj and Denise walked in.
"I almost forgot about that song," Aj said.
"What song is it?" Denise asked.
"We've got it going on," AJ said. They watched the girls. After they finished, the girls walked in to change. Erin stayed and practiced singing by herself. She grabbed the guitar and sat down. She started playing A little bit stronger By Sara Evans.
"Wait till you hear her sing," Aj said. She started to sing. Denise's mouth dropped.
"She is great. Isn't that song a little sad?" Denise asked.
"She told me that her ex was cheating on her with her friend that worked with her here." Aj said. Denise looked over at Aj.
"It sounds like she has been hurt as much as you have." Denise said. Erin finished the song and noticed that Aj and Denise were in the back.
"Hey," Erin said getting up and setting the guitar down.
"You never said you could play the guitar." Aj said.
"There is a lot about me that may surprise you." Erin said.
"You are great at singing," Denise said.
"Wait till you see the show. She is my best singer and dancer." Andrew said walking over.
"This is her boss, Andrew. This is my mom, Denise." Aj said. Andrew extended his hand.
"Denise is going to stay for the show." Erin said.
"You aren't staying?" Andrew asked looking at Aj.
"I have to go out of town for a couple days for a show." Aj said.
"Well, I hope you enjoy the show Denise." Andrew said. He walked back to his office.
"He seems nice," Denise said.
"Well, I better head out. I don’t want to miss the flight." Aj said.
"Call me when you land," Denise said. Aj leaned in and kissed her on the check.
"You know I will, mom. I will call you after I call her." Aj said.
"Have a good time," Erin said. Aj leaned in and kissed her and headed outside.
"He really likes you," Denise said.
"I really like him too," Erin said.
"I am glad he has found someone like you." Denise said. Erin smiled at her.
"Well, we practice for a little bit. Show starts around eight." Erin said. Denise sat down and watched the girls practice. She could tell why Aj liked Erin. She was very down to earth. The show started a little bit later. The beginning acts came out. Erin came out shortly after. Denise was amazed at the show. The show ended a little bit latter. Erin went back and changed and came out.
"Well, what did you think?" Erin asked.
"I loved it," Denise said. They talked for a few minutes and headed out. Erin got in the car and started to drive home. She heard her cell phone ring and she picked it up.
"Hello," Erin said.
"Hey baby," Aj said.
"Hey good looking, you guys made it safe I see?" Erin asked.
"We sure did. I hear that my mom loved the show." Aj said.
"You would be correct. Does she really like me?" Erin asked with a little bit of nervousness in her voice.
"She really does like you. She is always right with her instincts on people." Aj said.
"Well, that makes me feel better. Are you listening to the radio?" Erin asked.
"Yea," AJ said a little confused.
"Turn it up, I love I'll be by Edwin McCain." Erin said.
"Well, I will serenade you over the phone," Aj said and he started singing. After a couple minutes he stopped.
"When you come home, you can do it in person." Erin said.
"That is a deal." Aj said.
"How was the trip?" Erin asked.
"It wasn’t too bad, Nick keeps us entertained though," Aj said and laughed.
"Well, I can't wait till Friday." Erin said.
"It will probably be really late when we get in Friday. So, we may have to wait to see each other Saturday at the party." Aj said.
"Speaking of the party, what should I get your cousin for a gift?" Erin asked.
"I have already got her something. It can be from the both of us." Aj said.
"Are you sure?" Erin asked.
"Positive," Aj said. They talked for a little while longer.
"Well, it is getting late. I will let you get some rest. I need to get some beauty sleep." Erin said.
"You don’t need your beauty sleep. You look great no matter what." Aj said.
"Thanks." Erin said.
"I will call you tomorrow." Aj said. They both hung up the phone. Erin made her way to her bed and got in and pulled the covers over her.