- Text Size +
The next morning, Erin woke up to her cell phone ringing. She looked at it and noticed it was Danny calling. She grabbed the phone and answered.
"Hey Danny," Erin said.
"Hey Erin, have you heard from Maddie?" Danny asked.
"Nope, I haven't talked to her since Sunday at the wedding. What's wrong?" Erin asked.
"I was talking to her last night to tell her we arrived here for the shows. We were talking and I could tell something was wrong. She won't tell me what though." Danny said.
"I am about to get ready for class. I will stop by your guy's house and see if she is there. I will call you and let you know." Erin said.
"Thanks," Danny said.
"No problem." Erin said. She hung up the phone and wondered what got into Maddie. She would have always called her when something was wrong. Erin knew that something must be really wrong. She got dressed and headed out to the car. She saw Maddie's car outside. Maddie was standing next to it.
"I was just getting ready to come to your house." Erin said.
"Did Danny call you?" Maddie asked.
"Yea, what is going on? He said he could tell something was wrong with you." Erin asked.
"I found out that I am pregnant. I know Danny does not want children. I am debating on having the child." Maddie said.
"Maddie, you need to tell him." Erin said.
"I am just going to go away for a few days and I just need to think. I am going to my parents for a few days." Maddie said.
"I told him that I would call him and let him know if everything was alright." Erin said.
"Please don’t tell him about the baby. Just tell him I need some time to myself to think. I also got a message from a girl saying she was messing with him. I have a feeling that everywhere that they go they have girls they meet up with." Maddie said.
"Mad, you know I am terrible about keeping stuff from people. You know he loves you." Erin said.
"Why would the girl message me?" Maddie said.
"Because she wants him and that is how she knows she gets you away." Erin said.
"I think you should be careful. You know how Aj's reputation is." Maddie said.
"I don’t like the way you are acting right now. You told me he really liked me and I think he really does. Besides, he hasn’t even tried to sleep with me yet." Erin said.
"Well, it won't be long before he tries." Maddie said.
"I am going to head to class." Erin said walking over to her car.
"Shit," Maddie said walking over to Erin's car. "I am sorry. I know and can tell he really likes you. I just don’t want to see you hurt again."
"I don’t want to be hurt either. I feel like it is different this time." Erin said. They talked a couple more minutes and they headed on their ways. Erin called Danny on her way to class.
"Hey, she just wants some time to think." Erin said.
"She wants to think about what?" Danny asked.
"She asked me not to tell you. I hope you aren't mad at me but she is going to her parents for a few days." Erin said.
"I'm not mad at you. Thanks for checking on her." Danny said. They hung up and Erin walked in the class. After class, Erin went home and did her homework. She got ready and went to get something to eat. She wished that Andrew had given her a different day off. She went and took a nap. She heard her phone ring a little bit later. She sat up and picked up her phone. It was her brother.
"Hey, where have you been?" Erin asked.
"I have been spending time with Tiffany." Jason said.
"You guys getting serious?" Erin asked.
"I think so. I just left her house. Do you want to get something to eat?" Jason asked.
"Sure, what did you have in mind?" Erin asked.
"That little café next to where you work?" he asked.
"I love that place." Erin said.
"I will meet you there in ten?" Jason said.
"That sounds great." Erin said. She got ready and headed over to the café. She parked and saw Jason's car outside. She went in and saw him at a table. She went in and sat down.
"I'm surprised you aren't getting ready to head to work." Jason said.
"Andrew gave me the night off. I wish I had Friday off cause Aj will be back in town then. But, at least I can spend the evening with you." Erin said.
"I forgot to ask you the other day. Do you mind if I stay with you until I find me a place?" Jason asked.
"Sure, you can stay as long as you need. You won't mind me being at Aj's every now and then?" Erin asked.
"Nope, as long as you don’t mind I go to Tiffany's every now and then." Jason said.
"Sounds like we have a deal don’t we?" Erin asked. Jason nodded his head in agreement. They ordered and talked some more. She told him about how Maddie was acting and how she didn’t know what to do about her saying she was pregnant. "I feel like he should know but I don’t want her mad at me either."
"It sounds like she didn’t put you in the best situation." Jason said.
"I just don’t know what to do." Erin said.
"I am sure she will tell him when she is ready. It is probably just her hormones acting like crazy now," Jason said.
"You are probably right." Erin said. They ate and headed back to Erin's apartment. They walked in. "You can stay in the spare room."
"Thanks," Jason said as he went to put his stuff in the room. Erin's phone rang. She grabbed it and answered it without looking who it was.
"Hello," Erin said.
"Hey baby," Aj said.
"Hey," Erin said and smiled.
"I thought I was going to get your voicemail." Aj said.
"Well, I have today off. I wish I had Friday off but I got to spend some time with my brother." Erin said.
"At least we will have all Saturday to spend together before you go to work," Aj said.
"You are right," Erin said.
"I miss you," Aj said.
"I miss you more," Erin said as Jason walked into the living room.
"Get a room," Jason said and laughed.
"Well, I just wanted to call. I got to get back to work. I will talk to you tomorrow," Aj said.
"Have a good night. Talk to you then." Erin said. She hung up the phone.
"I think he is a keeper," Jason said.
"I agree but I almost feel like it is too good to be true. It started like that with you know who and look what he did." Erin said.
"I have a feeling that this time it will be different for you. He looks at you like dad looked at mom." Jason said.
"I hope you are right," Erin said.
"You will get your fairy tale ending. You deserve it after everything you did for me." Jason said. Erin smiled at him.
"How did I get so lucky to get a brother like you?" Erin asked.
"I really don’t tell you enough how thankful I am that you kept us together after the accident. Mom and dad would have been so proud of everything you did." Jason said.
"It was no problem. I know you would have done it for me if you were the older sibling." Erin said.
"You are right," Jason said.
"What if Maddie is right? What if Aj does have a girl in every city? She really has me thinking. What if this will come back to bite me?" Erin asked.
"Erin; listen to me, I can tell that he really likes you. Trust me on this. And if he does hurt you, I will hurt him." Jason said. Erin smile at him. She looked at the clock.
"I know it is only nine thirty but I am pretty beat. I am going to head to bed." Erin said.
"Good night," Jason said.
"Night," Erin said.