- Text Size +
That evening Delilah, added the finishing touches to dinner. Trish and June, who invited themselves to dinner, were setting the table.
"I'm glad you guys invited yourselves to dinner. I wouldn't be able to get it all done without you."

Trish laughed, "There was no way you were going to get to have dinner with the freaking Backstreet Boys by yourself!"

June nodded in a 'as a matter a fact' manner, while bringing a bucket of ice to the table and filling it with beers. They were going to have shrimp tacos since she didn't have much time to plan something fancy.

Max was not going to be back until Friday, and Jeremy really didn't want to have dinner with the Backstreet Boys so he stayed home.

Delilah looked around making sure everything was perfect, nervously as she waited for her special guests. June wrapped her arm around her should, "Don't worry. We are here for you. We can get super drunk to where they don't even focus on you. I MAY jump AJ though."

Delilah shook her head and sighed, "I was hoping I could stop myself from doing that too. Even with that beard I still find him attractive."

June tilted her head a bit, "AJ? Really?"

Delilah nodded, "I liked him before I liked Nick. Well I was never a fan of Nick, but thats a story for another day. What about you Trish, who's bones would you like to jump?"

Trish clasped her hands together and brought them up to her chest, "Howie."

June nodded, "I guess I will let you have AJ, I wouldn't mind Brian or Kevin."

Delilah was drinking her water and almost spit it out laughing at June, "You will LET me have AJ?"

Trish put a bowl of sour cream in the middle of the round table, "Aren't they all married?"

Both Delilah and June turned to her at the same time, "Shhhhhh."

Just then there was a knock at the door. They all squaled as they jumped up and down, before Delilah went to the door.

She composed herself, making sure her side brair was still in tact and opened the door, "Hey guys!" They walked in giving her a hug.

"These are my best friends June and Trish, girls this is AJ, Kevin, Howie and Brian."

Nick walked in behind them and closed the door. He stood by Delilah as the other guys greeted Trish and June. "You look nice."

She smiled up at him, "Thank you."

"You guys hungry? Or would you rather wait?"

AJ took his coat off and handed it to Nick who was gathering their coats and placing them in the guest bedroom, "I'm starving actually." The other guys nodded agreeing.

Trish led them to the dinning room to the 8 person round table, "Please have a seat, drinks are in the middle, and I think Delilah is bringing in a pitcher of iced tea, for those not drinking beer." She giggled as Howie walked by and thanked her. Delilah shook her head at her star struck friends. June sat down between Brian and Kevin, chatting them up. Nick sat to Brian's right, Howie took a seat next too Nick, so of course Trish sat on the other side of him.

AJ walked in to the kitchen, "Need any help?" He flashed her a flirty smile, making her blush. She looked over and saw that the guys the girls were just gushing about, were talking to those girls. She turned to AJ who was smirking, "You guys could hear us outside couldn't you?"

AJ laughed and nodded, "Yes." She blushed and covered her face, "Thats why they are being so nice to them, you bunch of teases!"

Trish and June both sat with wide eyes and blushed as the guys laughed.

Brian shook his head, "Yes we could hear you outside but we are used to it, so we figured it would be cute to make y'all giggly." He made quotation marks with his hands. June looked at him with her mouth open in shock, which caused him to laugh more, "I promise it is precious though!"

Delilah pretended to pout, "Really not funny guys."
AJ hugged her, "Oh it was a little funny. I'm glad you will still have me with this beard."

"Wow you really heard everything!"

He helped her carry the iced tea to the table, as she brought the bowls of tacos. She sat down between AJ and Kevin, still amazed that they were here, "Alright dig in."

AJ stopped everyone and said a quick prayer blessing the food. Then nodded for them to proceed. The conversations quickly picked up all around. Kevin turned to Delilah, "Your home is very nice. I don't just mean your house here, but the town and the bakery."

"Thank you so much, I've put a lot of work into all of this."

Brian chimed in to their conversation, "So tell us Delilah, what have you been up to for the past 10 years."

She told them all about, her grandfather's money, moving to college with Trish and June, then moving here, and opening her store.

Nick listened to her story once more, paying attention to it as if it was the first time he had heard it. She was so animated when she talked. He smiled, "She sure has grown huh Kevin? Not the same teenager that drove you insane?"

Delilah laughed and looked at Kevin. Trish drank some of her beer and tilted her head to the side in question, "Kevin? She gave you trouble?"

Kevin laughed also taking a swig of his beer, "Yes and No. See while Delilah was a teenager it was forgivable. Nick on the other hand, was 23 and still acted like a teenager. I promise you that boy was so immature."

AJ scoffed, "Was?"

Nick laughed as he looked down at his plate. June chimed in, "What kind of trouble could they get in to?"

Kevin shook his head, "I was afraid they would get in the illegal kind. Because she was under aged at the beginning. It was really hard keeping them apart when we went on tour in 2001."

"You went on tour with them?"

Delilah nodded, "Yup."

Nick laughed, "Remember that time that Kevin put your room right next to his and mine down the hall?"

"But you still managed to sneak out anyway and when he came to check on me, you were under the bed?"

They laughed. June and Trish looked at her with their eyebrows raised with an 'Oh really?' expression.

"By that time she was already 17 though, which in most states is legal."

Delilah blushed, "Wow AJ, we weren't DOING that."

Nick brought his drink up to his mouth and smirked, "Yet."

She shot him a playful glare, "Nick!" She trhew a tortilla chip at him.

Kevin nodded, "Ah ha I knew it!" He turned to her, "Remember that time you snuck out of my tour bus? I didn't realize you were gone until like 7 hours later at our next destination?"

Delilah was in the middle of drinking when he said that and she spit out her drink, quickly apologizing for that.

Nick laughed hard at that one, "You were so mad!"

"We weren't alone, AJ was on the same bus." She smiled sweetly. "Sleeping and unaware that I was there, but still."

June shook her head, "And here I thought I was bad, when I was a teen!"

Brian shook his head too, "At one point Kevin just stopped fighting it, let them spend time together. That's when they decided to get married."

Kevin laughed, "It really did suck to have to keep them apart. They were just so happy together, you know?" Everyone just smiled as they remembered, leaving an awkward silence.
Delilah looked over at Nick, and he gave her a half smile. She then glanced down at her hands in her lap.

Nick stood up, "How about some dessert? I picked up some key lime pie from Delilah's earlier today." He started piling their plates on top of his, trying to break that silence.

June helped clear the table too, as Delilah went to put some coffee on the pot.
"Oh don't worry about the dishes. I will take care of them."

"Don't be silly, I can load the dishwasher while you set the coffe up."

She nodded in agreement and continued. June laughed, "How unfair is it that I'm in a room with a bunch of hot guys and none of them are single?"

Nick turned to her, "I'm single."

"She said hot Nick." Delilah smirked and raised her eyebrow.

"Ouch!"

June ran to the fridge, "Here Nick, let me get you some ice for that burn!"

The two girls hive-fived and Nick watched trying not to laugh and said, "Y'all are nerds." Which just sent them into a fit of laughter.

Once the coffee was made, Delilah took out a tray from below the counter, and placed the pot in the middle with the coffee cups around it.

Nick looked at her set up impressed, "Wow...this looks like tea time in England."

She giggled, "I don't get to use these much so I am excited!"

He laughed as he took the tray into the living room where everyone was seated and placed it on the coffee table.

She followed him with the pie and plates. "Here we are, please help yourself."

Nick sat on the couch, but when he saw Delilah he started to get up, "Here take my seat."
She shook her head, "No no you sit, I will sit on the edge."

"You sure?"

She nodded as she sat on the armrest next to him. "Oh Howie and AJ congratulations on y'alls marriages and babies! I saw them on the news, I am so happy for y'all."

Howie nodded his thank you as he and AJ both pulled their phones off to show off their babies.

"Brian, Baylee must be so big now huh?"
Brian smiled proudly, "He is! He actually opened up for us on tour this year."

"Did he really? Takes after his daddy then?"

Kevin laughed, "Yep that boy can sing! The fans were absolutely great to him."

After looking at all the baby pictures they continued chit chatting about their families.

Brian set his cup down, "So Delilah, is there any one special in your life?"

She blushed slightly, "There is actually. I am seeing this great guy Max, he is Trish's brother in law. We've been seeing each other for about a month now."

AJ glanced over and noticed Nick look down for a bit, as Delilah continued gushing about her boyfriend.

Howie then placed his cup down too, "Oh Nick I ran in to Lauren, she asked me to let you know that she shipped your stuff to your place. There were other words used but I will not go into that here."

Nick nodded understandibly. Delilah bumped his shoulder, "Ex-girlfriend?"

Kevin answered for him, "Ex-fiance."

Caught off guard, Delilah looked down at Nick, "Oh. I didn't know you were engaged." This seemed to bother her but she wasn't sure why. How could he not mention being engaged? Why do I care if he was almost married again?

June noticed the tension and changed the subject, "So guys, how long will you be staying?"

"We were thinking about leaving Wednesday, to spend time with our families."

Nick's head shot up, "No you can't leave Wednesday. Stay until Thursday morning. Wednesday night is our music night at Lilah's."

Delilah looked at Trish and June raising her eyebrows and mouthing 'Our?'
She then turned to Kevin, "He's right you guys must stay. I would love to sing with y'all."

Kevin nodded, "I don't dee why we can't stay until Thrusday morning."

"Yay!" They continued discussing, their past year and what they have been up to for the past 10 years.