- Text Size +
Harry walks over to me where I sit at my desk trying to figure out where to put him for a charity dinner.

“It is all arranged. Get ready for the best day of your life,” he says dramatically sitting on my desk.

I look up confused.

“What are you talking about?”

“Our deal,” he says making a face. “To take you to the Real Madrid game. I have it arranged so that you even get to meet the players.”

My eyes widen. I was going to meet the Real Madrid players. But, but that meant that… I trail off unable to finish the thought.

“You ok there AJ? Your face is bright red. Are you going to explode or something?” Harry’s concerned voice breaks into my thoughts.

I look at him, my eyes wide with both fear and excitement.

“What do I wear?” I breathe out, not acting like myself, I can tell by Harry’s face expression.

“Since when do you care what you wear?”

“Since I get to meet…”

“AJ, do you have a crush on one of the players or something?”

I look away. I can’t admit it. No way, no one knew of it.

“AJ!” He protests reading my face expression, my guilt.

“Sorry Harry.”

“Please do not let it be…” he trails off. He is unable to say his name either.

“Look, I am a hot blooded woman ok!” I defend myself.

He shoots me an injured look.

“I expected much better of you,” he says dramatically.

I glance at him.

“You mad at me Harry?”

He taps his chin then sighs.

“No, I just have to deal with major competition now,” he grumbles.

William and Kate walk in, William motioning Harry over, something to do with one of their charities. I click a few pages down and look at my screen saver. My heart flutters a bit.

“You are so busted,” Kate whispers from behind my shoulder.

I jump and look at her. She has a wicked smile on her face. I stick my tongue out and quickly pull the pages open again to hide the picture of the man I had a crush on for ages.

On Saturday, Harry and I make our way to the locker to where we will be meeting the team. Harry is slightly cranky since it had taken me ages to find a perfect outfit. I am still having my doubts but it is too late now to change again. I had finally settled on dark wash skinny jeans, a soft pink sweater top and black ballet flats. Unlike Kate who styles her hair in those glorious waves, I pulled back my hair into a ponytail. I also decided to keep my makeup light and fresh, no need for over kill at a football game.

“You ready?” Harry asks as we stop before a door.

“Um, not exactly,” I whisper nervously.

He rolls his eyes.

“You are such a girl,” he says knocking.

I swallow hard not to throw up. The door opens and the coach of the team is right there. He greets Harry and looks at me. Harry nudges me and I introduce myself as we are led in.

“The boys are so excited to meet you two,” the coach is saying as we walk in.

I look around and suck in my breath. I see Xabi Alonso, Sergio Ramos and Kaka at one end of the room. I see Iker Casillas, Pepe and Marcelo standing around too. Then I see him. Cristiano Ronaldo is sitting on the bench tying his cleats. I am frozen.

“So you are the real, Real Madrid fan?” Jose questions breaking into my swarming thoughts.

I offer a shy smile.

“Yeah, I am the one who is the fan.”

“We are pleased you are here,” Jose says kissing my cheek as the guys move forward to us.

I sneak a glance at Cristiano. His eyes are on me. I startle as he stops right before me.

“Welcome,” he greets me in a heavily accented and sexy voice.

He holds his hand out. I slip my hand into his and marvel at how manly yet elegant his hands are. Mine completely disappears into his. He bends down kissing each cheek making me want to melt into a puddle and fall through the crack on the floor.

“Pleased to meet you. I’m AJ,” I introduce.

Harry clears his throat, annoyance written on his face.

“Alexandra, the others are waiting to meet you too,” Harry interrupts.

Alexandra? Oh yeah. I told Harry when we first met only my friends call me AJ. I enthusiastically greeted the other players. I love Xabi and Kaka and Sergio. All of them really. Snacks were set up before we got there and Harry and I served ourselves some food, nibbling and talking.

“Harry isn’t even a Real Madrid fan,” I say throwing him under the bus.

The guys hooted, Harry laughed with them. I smile a bit to myself as I settle down.

“The guys and I wanted you to have this,” Cristiano says handing me an autographed picture and an autographed jersey.

“Oh wow, thank you so much!” I gush excited, throwing my arms around him hugging him tightly.

The time passes too quickly and the guys are told they have to go warm up. Harry and I pose with the team for a picture and before I can stop myself, I ask Cristiano to take a picture with me. Harry looks furious as Cristiano wraps an arm around my waist drawing me up against his side. I can’t help it. I am beaming.

Harry and I take our special seats. I have my camera out snapping some pictures as the team warms up.

“You are such a traitor,” Harry grumbles.

“What did I do?” I exclaim.

“We had sex AJ,” Harry says facing me.

I squirm. Did he have to announce it?

“We had sex,” he repeated, “And you are flirting with Cristiano Ronaldo!”

“I can’t help it! I’ve had a crush on him for years,”

Harry sighs.

“It’s just that, you’re mine,” he whispers.

I hesitate. I think of what I told Kate, I didn’t want to be in the magazines my every move being watched as Prince Harry’s girlfriend. I want to fall in love some day and have a normal life. But Harry looks so upset, so I reach out taking his hand and squeeze.

The game begins and I get into it shouting and cheering. I am not some girly girl that sits primly at games. I scream my head off.

“Bloody hell that should have been a yellow card! Are you blind?” I shout at the ref.

Harry burst out laughing.

“You are crazy!” he snorts with laughter.

I roll my eyes.

“Whatever. You just want Man U. to win. WELL GUESS WHAT! REAL MADRID HAS THE LEAD. BOO YEAH!” I do a happy shimmy in my seat.

“GET OFF YOUR ASS A PLAY BALL!” I scream as Ronaldo is knocked over and sits for a moment stunned.

He must hear my shout because he looks in my direction with a look that is crossed somewhere between annoyance and amusement. Harry nudges me in the ribs to quiet me.

I jump out of my seat excited as Real Madrid beats Man U. 4 to 2. I throw my hands up in the air and wiggle my hips as Harry fake scowls. I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around.
“Thank you for coming to support us. If you are ever in Spain or Portugal, look me up,” Cristiano says handing me a slip of paper.

I look down and see his cell phone number and email address written on it. I slip it into my wallet.

“Thank you, we had a great time,” I reply and hug him not caring that he is sweaty.

I am graced with a kiss to the cheek again and my knees nearly buckle but I manage not to fall over as he smiles and runs to join his teammates who wave. Harry and I make our way to his car and I slip in and sigh out. I cannot be happier than I am at this moment. An autographed jersey and photo. A personal phone number. I sigh happily.

“You are starting to make me sick with your mooning,” Harry complains.

I softly punch his arm.

“Shut up,” I laugh.

When we get home, Harry and I head up to his living area. It isn’t very late so I am in no rush to head to my apartment.

“I have another present for you,” Harry confesses.

“You can’t keep spoiling me,” I scold him.

“I want to,” he replies kissing my cheek and going to his drawer.

Harry walks back to me and places a long, black velvet box into my hands. I bite my lower lip and gently open it. Nestled in the satin is a stunningly beautiful, engraved oval shaped, white gold locket.

“I know we haven’t known each other long, but you have made a difference in my life. We are just over a month of working together and I want you to know I appreciate all you have done. This locket belonged to my mother when she was a young girl. I would be honored for you to accept it as a gift of my gratitude and my affection for you,” Harry says taking the locket out of the box and stepping behind me.

I am frozen with shock as Harry lifts my hair and slides the locket around my neck, the oval, settling at my throat.

“There,” Harry says satisfied.

I reach up and touch it gently. No one has ever given me a gift so special except a small leather diary Jackie Kennedy have given my mother at my birth. She had written a message on the first page for me and when I turned 16, my mother gave me the diary to start to keep. Who ever would have thought that an ordinary girl like me would have something special from two such huge women that made a better place in the world? I said as much to Harry.

“Jackie Kennedy gave you a diary?” he asked impressed.

“Yes, it was a gift when I was born. Like I told your mother, we are neighbors to the Kennedy family and my mother gets on quite well with Ethel. Ethel mentored her, she didn’t know Jackie quite as well but still…” I trailed off thinking of my childhood.

“That is pretty cool,” Harry whistled.

I rolled my eyes. A prince impressed with a non-royal? Who’d have though?

“Anyway, are you sure about this locket? I mean it was your mothers and,”

“Listen,” Harry interrupted, “I am a big boy old enough to make my decisions, I want you to have the locket,” he said firmly.

I looked down at the locket and slipped my nail into the crack, edging it open. The left side was empty but in the right slot, a picture of Harry in uniform rested. A couple of tears fell. I reached over hugging him.

“Thank you Harry. Thank you,” I whisper against his neck.