- Text Size +
AJ’s Point Of View One Week Later

I roll over in bed wondering what has woken me up so suddenly. I had been dreaming when suddenly I jerked awake. I yawn and glance at the clock. 5 am. Way too early for me to wake up. I nearly scream as I see a shadow in the corner of my room.

“It’s just me baby,” Harry whispers.

“What are you doing here so early?” I whisper back.

He crawls in the bed getting in with me. I hear him slip his shoes off and watch as he pulls his shirt and jeans off.

“I had to see you.”

“Harry I go to your place in three hours,”

“I couldn’t wait,” he insists crawling on top of me pinning my hands above my head.

“You are that horny? Hello you have a hand!” I cry frustrated with tiredness.

He laughs softly fiddling around.

I feel something cold on my hand and try to see what he is up to.

“Argh too bright too bright!” I shriek as he flips my bedside light on.

“Ok little grimlin, you aren’t melting, it’s just light,” he teases as I throw my arm across my eyes.

I peek out carefully blinking fast and hard. I hate sudden light. My eyes begin to focus even though they sting with sleepiness. Harry sits back and I sit up.

“Care to tell me what is going on?”

He smiles a boyish smile.

“It is an important day for me. Possibly for you too,” he answered taking my hand.

He looks down at it and I follow his gaze and am stunned. When he was fiddling with my hand, he had slipped a ring onto my finger.

“I… Harry?” I questioned confused. He cannot be proposing can he?

“AJ, I talked to my grandmum. She has given her blessing for us to be married. I had her help in designing this engagement ring for you. The center diamond was taken from one of her tiara’s,” he explains to me as I sit dumbly. “Do you know about any of the tiara’s or crowns in our family collection?” Harry asks.

“Yes I am familiar with the jewels,” I whisper examining the ring.

“Your diamond was taken from my grandmothers Vladimir Tiara. I know you are also partial to Russian royalty and history besides British. It is hard to keep track of all of your favorites but I hope you are delighted with this,” Harry says looking at me worriedly.

“I can’t believe you got a diamond from the Vladimir Tiara!”

“Yes well the two diamonds on the side are not from the Vladimir one,” Harry explains pointing out the other diamonds.

My heart is racing wildly. I am scared on how special this ring has become. I can’t believe Harry has designed something to special for me. But wait! He is asking me to marry him!

“William plans on proposing soon to Kate and asked me for mothers engagement ring. I felt bad that you did not get it however I decided to include a diamond of my mothers. The diamond on the left is a diamond from The Spencer Tiara that my mother wore on her wedding day,”

I can feel my tears welling up. I am speechless with how much thought went into this engagement ring.

“And now, for the last diamond, the one on the right,” Harry said pointing to it, “This one is from your own mother. I called her and asked her permission. She had the diamond sent over night. I wanted this ring to be absolutely perfect for you when I asked for your hand,” he finishes.

I bite my lip looking into his eyes.

“Harry… marriage?”

He sighs at my hesitation.

“You know AJ, usually when two people are in love they get married, start a family…. You know, normal stuff,” he points out.

“You aren’t a normal person,” I point out.

“Yes I am normal! I am a guy who happens to be in love and wants to get married! Just because I have some stupid title doesn’t mean that I am not just a guy!”

“It’s not that being a prince is a bad thing,” I start.

“You are making it out like exactly that! You are blaming me for the family I was born into. Instead of loving me AJ, you are too concerned with yourself and what you feel about reporters and stupid pictures that don’t mean a bloody damn thing!” Harry shouts angrily.

I shrink back. His anger is not something that has been directed at me before.

“You are such a self centered and mean person AJ!” he continues. “You never take into consideration what I am feeling, what I am thinking. All you care is that you are afraid and that is unfair to me!” he yells and gets up yanking his clothes on.

“Harry,” I call his name softly.

He turns to me. His usually warm, beautiful eyes are ice cold now. I can nearly feel my heart stop.

“Don’t AJ.”

I can feel the tears welling up. How could this have turned so wrong? Can’t he understand the terror I feel? I open my mouth as he yanks his shoes on roughly. My body is shaking but either he doesn’t notice, or he just gave up caring.

“Take the day off of work AJ, I don’t want to see you today,” he says not looking at me as he buttons up his top.

I choke back a sob.

“You won’t have to worry about seeing me anymore, period,” I get out.

He turns to me finally and looks at me. The look in his eyes makes my heart freeze.

“If that is what you wish. I accept your resignation,” Harry replies in a formal voice.

I stand up and look at him. He is a blurry figure behind my tears. I slip the ring off and put it into his hand and turn my back on him. I can hear him inhale sharply then there is a pause. Hot tears begin to roll down my cheeks. I force myself to be silent as he hesitates and then walks out. Once the door is shut, I collapse on my bed, face down and sob. Harry is right. I am a selfish person.
Chapter End Notes:
I made up the ring in this chapter, I don’t even think it could be done like this but since it is fiction, please play along!

Note Two: Harry is not his real age in this story and I make some pop culture references through out the story that don't make sense for the age time but please play along for that as well.