- Text Size +
I woke up in the hospital. Everyone was there watching me. My mom, Diane, and my dad was holding my hand. My dad was such a gentle man. I called him the gentle giant. He was a very tall, stocky man. He could of played for the Miami Dolphins, but he was too gentle, too kind for that. That's why he is such an amazing pediatrician.

"Hi" I mumbled

"Hey doll face" my dad whispered back

"I'm glad you up, Regan. I was so scared." Diane said

"My head is killing me. What happened?" I asked

"You were running with Diane and you fainted. The doctor ran some test while you were sleeping, and she should be back with the results soon." Mom replied

The doctor walked in with my filed in her hand. She was smiling when she seen me awake.

"Glad to see you up and alert Regan. I'm Dr.Bashita. How do you feel?" she asked sweetly

"I'm okay. My head hurts horribly." I replied

"Normal, I will give you something for that. But before that I have some results here, and I will like to ask your friend and family to leave while we talk." Dr.Bashita said with concern in her face.

"Dr.Bashita, anything you can say to me, you can say in front of them." I reassured her.

"Are you sure, Regan?" Dr. Bashita asked

I nodded yes.

"Well, Regan, after running some test it seems to be you are pregnant." Dr. Bashita said

Everyone in the room gasped including me. I felt my body go cold.

"Can't be" I said nervously.

I looked to Mom and Dad for help but they were frozen in shock. Diane was confused.

" Regan, when was your last menstrual?" asked Dr.Bashita

I thought, and I thought. Then it hit me. Oh shit. Nick. Nick's baby.

"October 16" I responded quietly

"Congratulations, Ms.Algi. Your going to be a mother. Seems your about two months along. I would set up and appointment with your OBGYN and until you then stay of your feet and take it easy." Dr.Bashita said before leaving the room.