- Text Size +
It felt like an eternity on the way home from the hospital. Even though the hospital was only 15 minutes away from our home. There was silence the whole way home.
Cannoli greeted us at the door. I picked her up and kissed her. I tried to disappear with her and Diane at my side to the basement. I knew my parent's weren't letting me get off that easy.

"Regan, come sit and talk to us." my mother said in a stern tone.

I sat on the couch across from my mother and father in our living room. I'm holding on tight to Cannoli and Diane sat next to me with her hand resting on my back.

"Regan, how could you do this? do you even know the father? you need tell him." my father demanded I seen tears in his eyes.

"It just happened. I know who the father is. I refuse to tell him. He is busy and he is getting married." I said

"Damn, Regan this story keeps getting worse and worse." Diane chimed in.

"Honey, Regan, you are making a huge mistake." my mother said trying to be calm.

"No child is a mistake. I will take care of this baby. Think what you want I'm not a whore." I said standing up, and I walked downstairs, and Diane followed.

I sat down on bed, and was playing with Cannoli.

"Regan, who's the father?" Diane asked sitting next to me

"Look, Diane, in time , I will tell you but now just need you to be my friend and auntie." I said with a smirk

"Ok, I can do that. I can't wait to be a aunt." Diane smiled and hugged me.

I hugged her back, and deep down I really can't wait to be a mom.