- Text Size +
July 19th,2014

On July 19th, 2014 at 7lbs and 19inches my daughter was born. I was in labor for 12 hours, and boy it was painful. When the doctor handed me my daughter, I felt something I never felt before. I felt love that I would give my last breath for. She was beautiful for a baby just born minutes ago. She was so tiny. Her head was full of thick, black hair, big blue eyes, a button nose, and full lips. I couldn't wait till my parents and Diane to meet her. My parents have gotten over their anger, they were now very excited to meet their grandchild. Myself, mom, dad, and Diane finished her nursery just in time. The nursery was lilac with all white furniture. The theme was puppies and kittens, to represent my love for animals as a vet tech. I couldn't stop giving my little one kisses as I held her. Nurse Rose interrupted our bonding session.

"Ms.Algi,do you have a name for her yet?" asked Nurse Rosie

I thought for a bit. My whole pregnancy I haven't really picked out a set name. I figured when I met her it would come to mind. As I held my baby, it came to me. Her first name would be representative of the first night me and her father met and the middle name would represent her dad. Over the past few months I did a lot of research on the Carters.

"Her name is going to be Jasmine Leslie Algi." I smiled

"Fits her well, honey" Nurse Rosie smiled back

"Yeah...Yeah it really does" I nodded

"I'll send your family in" Nurse Rosie said as she left the room.

Seconds after My parents and Diane rushed into the room. They were so excited. My father basically snatched Jasmine from arms, and him and mom started cooing over her and so did Diane.

It almost bought tears to my eyes how much love my daughter will be getting. I wish I could give her a father.