- Text Size +
August 22nd,2014

Jasmine is already a month and 3 days old. She has grown into her looks already. She is already a chunky little thing. Jasmine weights 12.5 lbs , and she is 20 inches long. She has a lot of thick, black hair, my olive skin complexion , my almond shaped eyes with Nick's blue eye color, she still had her button nose and Nick's lips and smile. She was perfection. I am not just saying that because she is my daughter, but she is really is a beauty. One thing, about my little Jazzy is that she had one hell of a pair of lungs. I haven't slept more than 4 hours a night since she was born. Between breast feeding and stress I lost all my 30 pounds and plus in a month. I weighed a 115lbs now but still had all my curves. My parent's and Diane helped as much as possible, but they had work and their own lives to go about. I was a single mom, and I am on maternity leave till November. This was my life now, and it was stressful but I loved it. Cannoli love Jazzy, she is very protective over her. Just me and my girls. I often thought that one day I would love to give Jazzy a father figure, and I hope I can do that. It hurt the most when I would go for walks with Jazzy, and see doting dads and little girls loving their daddies, I want that for her. It bought tears my eye thinking about it again as I watched her peacefully sleeping in her crib. I jumped out of my thoughts when I heard Diane's voice behind me.

"Hi skinny" Diane said from behind me

I turned around to see Diane standing there holding Cannoli.

"Hey what's up?" I asked with a smile.

"Nothing, came to see you and my goddaughter, but I see I am a little late" Diane pouted.

"Yes, you are but don't worry we can have some girl time. Want some Ben & Jerry ice cream?" I asked.

"Sure!! Lead the way!!" Diane smiled.

We sat down with the ice cream in between us on my kitchen table. I took a big spoonful.

"Mmmmm...so good!!! This is the first I have eaten all day." I sighed

"Your crazy! Your breast feeding you have to make sure you eat more. I know you don't have post podem, so whats your deal, Reg?" Diane asked with concern as she put some ice cream in her mouth.

She was right. Something is bothering me. My lie. My secret is eating at me.

"I have been lying. I have a confession.." I said running my hand through my long dark hair.

"It's okay. Let it out.." Diane said inching closer to my face.

"The cruise. Halloween theme night. I didn't sleep on a beach chair while you were that guy. I was with someone. Nick Carter. I met him by the bar. I was drinking. We started taking about how sad I was over Roger, he told me was having a bumpy relationship. I gave him an offer he couldn't refuse. One night. One moment, no strings attached. Look where that got me. He is getting married. The sick thing is that I like him even barely knowing him. It kills that I have lied to you, my parents, myself, my daughter. Jazzy may be too little now, but what happens when she is older? I know I should of been more careful...but I don't know...I'm lost." I said as tear streamed down my face.

"Why didn't you think you could of told me this? I am your best friend. Your sister. It's okay. You should tell him. I am sure there is ways to get in touch with Nick." Diane said as she brush some hair away from my face.

I shook my head " I have his number. But I don't want the publicity this will be. Plus all he would do is pay me tons of money to keep Jazzy away, and I don't need his money."

"Ok, I guess. How about this? Tomorrow I am off. I will take care of Jasmine. You go out and get a makeover, and new wardrobe because too be honest your raggedy. hot mess. rachet." Diane laughed

"I will def take you up on that" I laughed as well.

The next day, I did take care of myself. I got the whole works. First, I got a facial, mani and pedi. I got my eyebrows done, eyelash extension filled. Went tanning. Bought a whole new wardrobe as recommended by Diane. My major change was my hair. I cut and dyed my hair. My once long hair now lays about an inch past my shoulders with layers and a side bang. I dyed my dark hair to a honey blonde color. With this new look I was starting to feel better already.