- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Back on Regan's Point of view.
September 3rd, 2014

I took shower, and threw my wet hair in a messy bun. I put on a crop top, and yoga pants with sneakers. I wanted to go see what Nick wanted to do today. His door was open. I walk in the room to find him shirtless in sweat pants, and he is packing his stuff in a suitcase. I was very confused.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked with a look of confusion on my face.

"Packing." he said in a curt tone.

"Yeah, I see that. Why? What's up,Nick?" I said taking a seat on the bed next to his suitcase.

"I'm getting married in a few days. You know that, Regan." Nick said.

"Your still getting married?" I asked sounding hurt.

"Yes, why wouldn't I?" he asked.

"Well, because I told you I loved you. How you connected with our daughters.Us. I thought you like being a family." I wondered.

"Listen, Regan, meeting you was the best thing to ever happen to me. You opened my eyes to a lot of things, and you gave me Jasmine. I never knew I could love something so little so much. Lauren needs me, we may not have a child together but we have history. I will always be here for you and Jasmine. When I get back from my honeymoon my lawyer will send over papers about child support and we will split holidays. Don't make this harder than this already is." Nick pleaded.

"She needs you?? that's best you can say. I don't want your money. I want you. Me and Jasmine both want you. What do you want Nick? Who do you want Nick?" I asked trying to hold back tears.

He was silent for a good two minutes.

"When you told me you loved me, did you hear me say it back? No, I didn't. So like I said I leave tomorrow. I'm going to spend the rest of the day and night out. I need to clear my head. I will be back in the morning to give Jasmine a kiss goodbye." He said and he walked out and left.

My heart shattered. I was mad, sad, angry, and lost. I took my cell out and text Roger to see if he wanted to come around 7pm and I'll cook dinner. He replied definitely. It beat being alone at night when the baby was sleeping.