- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Nick's Point Of View.
September 4th,2014

Yesterday I spent all day and night cooped up in a hotel room. I hardly ate. I just thought and thought. When I thought of expanding my family I thought of Regan and Jasmine. When I envisioned my wife, I seen Regan, not Lauren. I just walked into Regan's home. I used the spare key Regan gave me the other day. It was 8:45 am. Regan's parent's must have left for work because their cars were gone. I went downstairs. I smelled coffee. Weird. Regan hates coffee. I walked into Regan's kitchen, and I seen Roger standing there drinking coffee in his boxers.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Roger.

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here?" Roger asked with a smart alec tone.

"I'm here to talk to Regan, and she my daughter." I snapped at him.

"Regan's sleeping. So is the baby." He said rolling his eyes.

"What are you doing here half naked?" I asked.

"Regan and I spent the night together. Maybe even gave you daughter a little sibling." He smirked at me.

He was taunting me. I got up in his face.

"Your a fucking dick. I don't believe you. Stay away from my family." I said angrily.

"Back the fuck up man." He said nastily as he pushed me.

That was it. I punched him in his nose. It was bleeding. We then started fighting and throwing punches.

"STOP!! STOP FIGHTING!! YOUR GOIN TO WAKE THE BABY!!" Regan's voice yelled from behind us.

We listened. We both stopped. I walked up to her, and touched her face, she leaned into my touch. I took her in. Her honey blonde hair disheveled. Her big, beautiful eyes watery, and shameful. Her full lips, extra swollen from probably Roger's kisses. She was dressed in a white button down business shirt which had to be his. All evidence that she was with him. I was broken. I thought she loved me, I love her. Here stood a women who just shattered my heart and my soul into a million pieces, and I was still touching, still longing for her. I was a fool.

"Regan, please, please tell me this is a dream. Please tell me you didn't sleep with this douchebag. Please" I pleaded.

"So sorry" she cried.

I snapped my hand back. I startled her.

"I can't believe you. You really had me fooled." I pointed at her.

"Nick, you told me you didn't love me." she said softly and defeated.

"So you sleep with this guy? While our daughter is in the next room? Really? Is that what you do? A guy breaks your heart and there you are in the sack with someone else????!!" I questioned her angrily

"No, no, Nick. It was never like that you know it. I love you." She said defending herself.

"I came here to say you were right I love you. Let's be a family, but now I'm done with you. I will always be here for my daughter, but I never want to see you again. You disgust me. You just killed me, you don't even know. When I get back from my honeymoon with Lauren, you will be served with papers. I am going to take you to court for full custody of my daughter. I can't have her living with a women who brings men in and out of the home where she lives." I yelled.

My eyes were misty. I refused to let her and him see me cry. She called after me. I ignored, and just left.

Tennessee here I come.