- Text Size +
I've been sitting in my car in my driveway for over 15 minutes. I didn't have the energy to get up and move on once I stepped through my doors. I took Diane's letter out of my pocket, and began to read it aloud to myself.

"Dear Regan,
Okay, so how corny is this letter? But this is my best way to reach out to you. Look, I am so sorry. I should not have gone behind your back like that. Not cool. But I had no choice. Your a great mom, but you were missing something. I honestly felt you have feelings for Nick. Even for a one night stand. I wanted Jasmine to have a dad, and I wanted you to be happy. You deserved to be happy. You deserved to love and be loved. I hope you do find that with Nick on his visit here. If you do find that love, then let it be. Don't fight it, don't hold grudges, go after what you want. Life is too short. If we never are friends again, we did have amazing memories, especially one. We always have THE CRUISE.

Forever Friends & Sisters,
Diane"

I leaned my head against the steering wheel and started crying. After another 10 minutes, I got out of the car. I went into my parent's room. My parents were sleeping. Cannoli was at the end of the bed sleeping, but he popped his head when I came in. My baby was fast asleep in her bassinet. I picked her up gently, and held in my arms. I walked over to my mother's side of the bed. My mother flicked her eyes and looked up. She motioned us to come in the bed. I laid Jasmine in between us. My mom brushed my hair away from my face.

"I'm so sorry. I love you." she mouthed to me .

"I love you too." I mouthed back.

I needed this. I needed my baby and my mom. Within minutes we were all sleeping.