- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Nick's Point Of View.
September 13th,2014

20 minutes have passed since Regan left. Why did I have to be so cold? I still couldn't get the image of her and Roger out of my head. She right when she said life is too short to hold grudges. I couldn't get married. I couldn't marry Lauren.

I walked into Lauren's room. Thank goodness she was by herself.

"You make a beautiful bride" I smiled at her.

Lauren was startled, but she smiled back. She did make a beautiful bride. Her hair was in a loose wavy bun with some type of crystal headband. Her dress was white and fitted with a sheer button down back. Her make up was natural. She is a beautiful bride, but she's not meant to be my bride.

"Nick!!! What are you doing here?!!" Lauren shrieked.

I walked close her. I must of had a certain look on my face, because she knew. She shook her head NO, and nodded my head YES. She fell into my arms crying.

"Please, Nick!! No!! I'll...." She started to say.

"STOP THREATENING ME!! You need to stop that!!" I interrupted here.

"Your leaving me for her? What will I do without you?" she asked sadly.

"This has been a long time coming, Lauren. You and I both know that. I do love you and you have gotten me through so many rough patches, and I don't know if I can ever repay. We grew into better people together, but we also grew apart. We aren't meant to be lovers. You won't hurt yourself or fall off track without me. Look how far you came. Your a fitness guru. You know what you will do with out me? You'll get to really live. Deep down you know what we had has faded, your just too scared to let go of what you already know so well. Lauren, you will make a man very happy one day, it's just not me. My heart is somewhere else. It belongs to two women now, and I can never leave my heart behind." I said as I grabbed her hands and kissed them.

"Your right, who was I fooling?" She shrugged.

"It's better we did this now before we were legally married." I said.

I kissed her forehead and gave her a hug, and was about to leave.

"Nick, one more thing." she called after me.

"Hmm?" I wondered.

"What will we tell all those people? I don't want to be humiliated." She said.

"You won't. I'll deal with it. Take one of the limos and go on our honeymoon with anyone of your choice. I'll say you dumped me." I clarified.

"Thank you! Your going to be an awesome dad. Regan and Jasmine are lucky girls.

10 minutes later...

I announced to all the guest in the church that Lauren decided not to marry me. Her family was upset, but once I told them she was getting ready to leave and had one extra ticket for our honeymoon they seem to forget and run to see where she was. I explained to the boys and their wives the real deal. They wished me luck, and our happy for me if I am truly happy. They also can not wait to meet little Jasmine.