- Text Size +
Chapter 22
I couldn’t talk because I was in so much pain. Alex was willing to take over talking with Nick. I was just hoping that this baby would just come and be done. I have been in whole bunch of pain for the past… FOURTEEN HOURS!! “Alex just kill me now!! Please!!” “Baby you’re doing just fine. Just keep doing what you’re doing.” Alex said placing a cool cloth on my sweaty forehead. “AHHH!” I yelled leaning forward. I was pushing with all my might. I couldn’t do this any longer. I just wanted this baby out of me now.

WAAAAA!!!!!

That’s what I wanted to hear. I’m finally done with the hard part. It was now time to figure out now what I’m gonna do with a mortal baby. But I would figure it out soon enough. I’m just so happy. Looking over at Alex’s face I can also tell that he’s happy. “He’s beautiful baby.” He whispered before placing a kiss on my forehead. Watching him across the room he cleaned up our son then wrapped him up tightly in a baby blanket before he came back over and placed him in my arms.

Rachel was watching Kadin while Allison rested. She needed it after the grueling fourteen hours she just went though. I was sitting here thinking that it shouldn’t have been so bad for her now and all but I guess I was wrong. Getting up I headed out to the front room. Watching Rachel was amazing. She took in the role quite fast. She had been trying to show me how to change a diaper, feed him when he needed, bathed, and which cry was what. That one was difficult. I just couldn’t tell the difference. They all sounded the same. “Don’t worry about it. You’ll get it soon enough.” She said. Kadin was laying on the blanket crying when I saw Rachel reach over for a diaper. “Was he supposed to do that with his face?” I asked surprised. It looked like he was holding his breath. “That’s normal. It just means that he just made a poop.” She also grabbed the baby wipes and powered. “Would you like to give it a try?” “Ahhh…” “It’s okay.” “But he stinks!” I said plugging my nose. That’s when she laughed. “That’s normal for a new born.”

I sat there staring at him then I looked up at Rachel then back at Kadin. “Alex what are you doing?” Rachel asked concerned written on her face. She quickly changed his diaper and pulled Kadin close to her tightly.  “Alex am I gonna have to leave with him once your ‘friends get here? Also when did you last feed? Please don’t make me call Jason.”  She said scared. “Rach, you’re both fine. I ate about an hour ago. And the guys… You don’t need to worry about them. There harmless. They know not to hurt anyone. I promise you.” I said looking over at her. “Okay.” That’s when she got up. “Here. Kadin’s your son so… Do your best. It’s late so I’m gonna head to bed now.” She said heading towards the stair. “Rachel? The guys should be here before dawn. How will I let them in if you’re sleeping?” She stopped and turned around. “Hmm… Well… I guess I give you my blessing to let them in. But Alex. You and Allison also live here. Allison’s been here for six months and you of course have been here now for about two. So you should be also allowed to let people in.” “I guess you’re right. And thank you.” I said with a sensor smile. “You’re quite welcome. Well good night Alex.” G’night Rach. Sleep well.” “Make sure you also get some rest. You’ll need it now.” “All right.” “Night.” She said again as she headed up to her room.

I held Kadin while he slept. This was strange for me. The last time I had held a baby I think I was… maybe… fifteen? I don’t know but it’s been a long time. I just watched him. Held him close just to keep him safe. But could I always keep him safe? Could I keep Allison safe now? Thoughs thoughts were running ramped through my mind. I needed to keep them out of harms way. Allison was now vulnerable to massive danger and I couldn’t fathom the idea. But at least I had the guys on my side to help.

About three hours later I had gotten woken up by a loud pounding. Looking around a moment I looked down at Kadin. Surprisingly he was still sleeping. So I carefully stood up and headed to the front door. Looking through the peek hole I could just make out four people. I pulled back a slight bit then looked through the hole again. Then it hit me that they guys were showing up. Shifting Kadin I unlocked the deadbolt, removed the chain lock then opened the door. There standing there on the porch was Nick who was bouncing on the soles of his shoes, Howie was looking around like he lost something, Brian who was tying his shoe and Kevin who was about to pound on the door again. “Took you long enough to answer.” Kevin snapped. “Sorry I fell asleep. Come on in.” I said stepping out of the way to let them in. 

We headed back into the front room. “So how you been?” Nick asked while sitting down on the sofa chair. “Been doing good.” I replied as Kevin was leaning over to remove the cover from Kadin’s face. “Oh wow. He beautiful Alex.” He said pulling back a bit. “May I?” He asked putting out his hands. “Sure. Just be careful.” “I will.” He said. “Nick told us about the little guy but he never told us his name. So what did you and Allison name him?” Howie asked looking over Kevin’s shoulder. “His full name is Kadin James Scott McLean.” I stated as I got a sudden stare right at me by Kevin. “Scott? I can understand using your name but… Why Scott?” He curiously asked. I didn’t know how to answer so I quickly changed subjects. “Nick could you run into the kitchen and get that bottle that’s in the bottle warmer for me?” “Sure.” He said getting up and heading to the kitchen. “Alex you didn’t answer my question. Why Scott?” Kevin asked again but more forceful. “I don’t know.” I responded with a content sigh. “You might wanna ask Ally on that one.” “You know… I just might do that when I see her.” I just nodded my head in agreement.