- Text Size +
Nick and Melanie spent weeks trying to find a way to get her out of the contract that she was burdened with. Thus far, they’d found nothing.

Nick found Melanie at their clearing, weeping into her knees.

“Melanie, what is it?” he asked, rushing to her.

She looked up, and there was sheer terror in her eyes.

“Mr. Tennant is coming next week, to announce our engagement. And there’s something else…he found out I can let people inside my mind, and he’s requested that I let him in, so he can see my true feelings on this ordeal,” she said quickly.

Nick’s heart dropped into his stomach.

She looked at him again.

“He’s going to see you,” she said, and the terror grew.

Nick was confused.

“What’s that mean? We’re friends, surely he wouldn’t…” he faded off when he saw the bush creep on her cheeks.

“Melanie…” he whispered softly, touching her face. “We are friends, aren’t we?”

“Of course we are, Nick, I just don’t want him to misinterpret that and come after you,” she said, leaning her head on his shoulder.

Nick sighed. He had read something today that could help her, but to do so would damage her credibility as a woman of high class.

But he didn’t care about her standing. He’d realized in the past couple of weeks that he wasn’t just feeling friendship to this woman anymore, and that he would do whatever she asked, as long as it meant she was still in his life.

“Melanie, I found something that may help you, but it’s drastic, and I don’t expect you to agree to it,” he finally said.

Melanie looked up, hopefully.

“I’d do anything,” she said fiercly.

“This is huge, something that will ruin your reputation,” he said.

Melanie shook her head.
“I don’t care. I would do anything to get out of this,” she replied.

Nick closed his eyes.

“You’d have to let someone take your virginity.”


Melanie’s eyes widened when she heard Nick say it.

“I—I—“

“I told you it was drastic,” Nick murmured.

“Who, though?” Melanie asked.

“Any man who isn’t your betrothed,” he said simply.

Melanie stood abruptly and walked to the edge of the water.

“It’s my only choice,” she whispered, mainly to herself. She turned back to Nick.

“Nick…” she said softly. “Would…you do it?”

“Do what?” he asked, confused.

Melanie blushed.

“I want you to take my virginity. I trust you. You care a great deal about me, or you wouldn’t be helping me. And I care about you. So please, Nick, if It were anyone else, I wouldn’t consider it. But you…please. I need you to do this for me,” she said with her eyes closed, ready for his rejection.

She felt him come over and place his hands on her face.

“Open your eyes, Melanie,” he whispered.

She did, and she found his eyes burning into hers.

“I’ll do it,” he said with ragged breath, and pressed his mouth to hers.

Oh my God, Melanie thought as he continued to kiss her. This was something she’d never felt before. It felt like she was burning inside, yet she craved more.

With a whimper, she kissed him back, throwing her arms around his neck.

Nick broke away for a moment and muttered some incantations under his breath. A comforter appeared out o thin air and landed in the grove of trees.

“No one will see or hear us,” he whispered before kissing her again.

He led her to the blanket and sat her down. He began to unlace her dress (she thanked God she decided to forgo that confining corset today) as he placed kisses on her neck.

“Melanie, you are so beautiful,” he whispered in her ear as he slid her dress off of her, leaving her only in her chemise and pantalets.

Melanie watched as he removed his tunic and trousers, and her eyes widened at his manhood. He was definitely blessed in that aspect.

He removed the rest of her clothes until she was naked before him.

Nick looked at her, concern in his eyes.

“Are you absolutely sure?” he asked.

Melanie nodded, not trusting her voice.

Nick shifted where he was in between her legs, and, slowly, he entered her, taking her virginity as he did.

She winced in pain but also felt something new, something good stirring inside of her.

Nick began to pick up his pace, and the feeling grew. She couldn’t contain the noises that were leaving her throat, nor did she want to. Nick was taking something, but he was also giving her so much more. In taking her virginity, he was giving her her freedom, and whatever this feeling was, she didn’t want it to go away.

She gave a loud moan as she reached her peak, and Nick shuddered as he reached his own. Trembling, they both held on to each other as they recovered from the high they’d just experienced.

Melanie felt so much gratitude for him. She had tears in her eyes as she held him.

“Thank you,” she whispered tearfully to him. He raised his head and wiped the tears from her eyes.

“I love you,” he said softly. “I want you to go away with me when all of this is over.”

Melanie nodded.

“Okay,” she said, kissing him softly. “I will.”
She didn’t say it back, but she grabbed his hand, and let him inside her mind, so he would know her feelings.

As they both got dressed, they had the same thought on their mind.

Please let this all work out.