- Text Size +
October 23,2013
I had just finished a long, grueling day of office work at the store. I didn't even have time for lunch. I finally took a seat in the driver's seat of Pauly's Cadillac that he insists I drive. I took off my midnight blue blazer and threw it in back seat. I started up the car, but wanted it to warm up so I decided to check my phone. I had 20 missed calls, and 15 text messages between my mom and Tina. First I called my mom but she didn't answer, so I call Tina instead.

"Genna, Are you ok?" Tina answered the phone.

"Yes, I am fine. Is everything okay with you and my parents?" I ask nervously

"Yeah, we are all just fine." Tina answered.

"Ok, so then why are you calling me like maniacs?!" I asked.

"You don't know do you? have you listened to the radio or went online?" Tina asked.

"No, I have been busy all day." I said with concern.

"It's Pauly. He fathered a child with another woman. DNA already taken and proves he is the dad, and his rep already announced this to the press." Tina explained.

My heart broke, and fell in to my stomach. My throat got tight, I could barely breathe. I felt my body go limp and pale.

"Let me call you back." I choked out and hung up.

I pulled out of the parking lot like a mad man. I was blowing red lights and driving way over the speed limit. I reach the Palms hotel where me and Pauly lived in their penthouse. As soon as I stepped out of the car and handed the keys to valet guy, cameras went flashing and paparazzi were yelling. They ended up surrounding me and couldn't even more, I could barely breathe as it was already. I suddenly felt strong hands around my wrist pull me towards safety. I was Jerry. His larger body covered my petite frame. He hurried me into the elevator.

There was silence between us as the elevator went up.

"Thank you for saving me back there." I said breaking th silence.

"Of course" he nodded.

"Is it true?" I asked softly.

"I shouldn't answer that.." Jerry went on to say

"Is it true?!" I interrupted him raising my voice.

"Yes" he said quietly.

We reached my floor. I took a deep breath and started walking out.

"Gen" Jerry called behind me.

I turned around.

"Hear him out. He didn't cheat on you. Don't make any hasty decisions." he said.

I nodded and kept walking to my door.