- Text Size +
I walked in to our apartment to find Pauly sitting on the couch with his hoodie over his head. It was as if he was waiting for me, for my wrath. He stood up and reached for me as I stepped before him.

"Don't touch me" I hissed at him.

"Genna..." He sighed.

"What's going on? Is it true? Is true you have a baby?" I asked.

I was hoping it was a bad joke someone made up.

"Yeah, it is. Umm, back in August 2012 before I met you I slept with this girl. About two months ago her lawyers got in touch with me and my people. I finally took a DNA test and the baby is mine." Pauly explained.

I started to cry. I tried, but I couldn't hold back. The passed two months I was concerned about him. Never would I think this was situation that has been concerning him.

" You lied! This whole time you lied!! Why didn't you tell me when you found out? Why did you let me find out with the rest of the world like I did?" I asked screaming.

"I didn't want to hurt you." he whispered as he ran his hands through my hair.

"too late" I closed my eyes and whispered back.

"It was one time. She's nothing to me. I want you. Only you." Pauly pleaded.

"How old is the baby? What's her name? are you going to be in her life?" I asked ignoring what he had just said to me.

"Her name is Amabella, and she is 6 months old. Yes, I am going to be part of her life. Me and her mother will never be a couple, but I will respect her for being Amabella's mother and I plan on loving my daughter and giving her the best life possible which I hope you will help me do." he responded.

My heart stopped once again. The words "loving my daughter" shot through me like a bullet. His alarm on his phone went off. He looked at it.

"I have to go to sound check. I will be back, and we will continue this. Don't move." he said as he kissed my forehead, and walked out the door.

Once I knew for sure he was gone, I ran to his laptop, and booked the first flight to New Jersey. I had to get out of here, but I couldn't let him see me. He will make a scene. I can't survive like this. He is a liar. He embarrassed me.

I undressed, and pulled out my luggage and threw in all my belongings as quickly as possible. I grabbed a pair of clean jeans and t-shirt and ran into the shower. I still had time before he would be back, and I will be gone. In the shower, I scrubbed my body red, I erased him and my memories of him. It was done. I was done.

After my shower, I dressed quickly and grabbed my bags and walked out. I press the down button on the elevator. The elevator "dinged". When the doors open, there was Pauly. He looked surprised, and hurt. Shit. He is back early.

"What are you doing?" he asked stepping off the elevator.

"Going home." I said.

"You are home" He said stepping close to me.

"No, this your home. I don't belong here. Never did" I scoffed.

"Stay with me. We can make this work. Please, it will be okay." Pauly begged.

"I can't. It's for the best. Let me go. Let us go. For your daughter's sake, work it out with her mother. You lied to me. You made me like I was a fool. I can't survive like this. I'm jealous, I'm hurt. It's done. We are done." I cried.

"No..Don't...."Pauly continued to say.

"Good bye, Pauly. Good luck, and congratulations." I said stepping into the elevator. Doors closed. I left him standing there.